Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 10 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

I got Evora car tax invoice. Must pay 25800€ before the car can be registered.

It's hard to live in this 'tax-loving' country. 

I got Evora car tax invoice. Must pay 25800€ before the car can be registered.

It's hard to live in this 'tax-loving' country. 

Holy Hell! I was discussing this with Kimbers and Kim once, regarding how in the end everything (schools, roads, etc.) all need to be paid for, but how amazing the difference is in how each country collects those monies. In Suffolk County, New York, where I bought my Evora S, the sales tax rate is 8.625% and the annual registration fee (paid to the State) is only $48.50 for 2 years. 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Muttering last week that I need a break from work, same this week. Decided to check the holiday chart as my diary had nothing booked out in the next few weeks but felt sure I have booked a few days of hols. Found I had last Thursday and Friday booked off.

Crikey it comes early in Finland bud! It's gone down to 15 degree's here...brrrrrrr! :harhar:

So I had a crap week last week. My dog had Hepititus and my daughter was rushed in to hospital because baby wanted to come 10 weeks early. Luckily both are sitting here at home right now looking much better :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Neutral base interior house paint

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Unhappy today, Not getting my bloody S3 gear linkage sorted out and its the last job before she goes back on the road after a year rebuilding her.

I got a letter from Germany, Lybeck. A pic from traffic camera. The smiling driver sits in Evora. Hopefully only 20€.

• Gold FFM

Until you go back to Germany?

Anyway, what made me unhappy.

1) I was changing the rego sticker on my car listening to Tangerine Dream on the cd player, when I noticed the leather on the glove box lid cracking. Dash itself is ok, just the glove box lid. Weird. I thought to myself, ok, I'll hit the leather with a leather moisturiser, though down the track, it'll be a recover of the lid.

2)  Anyway, the second one was as I was doing the leather ('cos you can't stop at just the glove box lid) all of a sudden the cd player starts polling track 01 only, won't play and doesn't respond to the eject button very well which I think is a result of the laser head not reading correctly. I'll try another disc, but I'm thinking the Pioneer unit I have is stuffed. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Ha the wonderful power cut. This happened to us about 15 years ago on on Christmas morning and was off for the following three days and to make it worse we lived out in the sticks and the roads were blocked. The following year we were to make up for the previous one, the wife cooked the Turkey, took it out of the oven to let it cool and the dog managed to get into the kitchen and eat the bloody thing before we got chance. Year three, went out for Christmas lunch and the car broke down on the way back.

Result. Christmas lunch cancelled for year four and had a New Years special lunch instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Just fitted all the replacement ignition parts to the old S3 as suggested and still after 10/12 miles she gives a back fire then stalls, 10 minutes later start up again and g another 4/6 miles then repeat the procedure, severely miffed

My newly re-bearinged washing machine has decided it's a good idea to trip the RCD when I try to use it. Hope it isn't the drum spider cracked, allowing the drum to wear through the heater and thus earth the heater power....if it is, I think I shall be out the £6.50 that the bearings cost....as the spider is going to be £80 to £100 and the heater is £20 to £30, so she'll be a write off. Ah well, ran beautifully for a few months.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein