Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 106 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

9:30 - Just cut out on me, no spark whatsoever.

y4mDYD0U2MeXL3hNo7aQmwH6MIsf-bwv9Xg-otc1

RAC man came out, and it started first time. However, 200 yds down the road, cut out again.

On it's way to Gerald 5 1/2 hours

y4mJLve78U1R3rP_18BOxB4jbqqrY4qaVDKvE_C6

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Just cut out on me, no spark whatsoever

Sounds like my first wife, though she wasn't as good looking as an Elite.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Come to think of it I think that's why the spark went, I called her the wrong name too! :)

I was close, but obviously no cigar.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ignition amplifier ( AB14)  failure or break in the wiring inside  the distributor. Had the same on my Excel se and my esprrit n/a ( same engine) before I fitted mapped ignition. 

1 hour ago, RobinB5 said:

Sorry, a bit of a puerile post, but he was a massive twat. 

I do drone on about Audi drivers but there is a reason for that. Yes, not all Audi drivers are complete T@@ts but by god a percentage of them are. A small number of them are really nice people, but let's be honest, the majority of them drive an Audi because they think it makes them special. To me, it just says I'm a f@@king idiot as I could have got basically the same car with a Skoda badge for 25% less (RS and R8 owners obviously need not apply!)

You have my sympathies Robin but these t@@ts will always behave like entitles muppets who think every one else is just there to get in their way.  

• Like 1

The small print.

@RobinB5insincerely doubt the Audi will make its way into a garage because even if they have one it’ll be full of disused exercise equipment.

@C8RKH and the Skoda driver could have got essentially the same, but nicer looking car for even less with a Seat badge on it. I honestly do not understand how they can sell up the VAG range with the price differentials that are there when the second best looking and best equipped version of the 4 is the cheapest. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On 14/08/2020 at 21:03, pete said:

Wrong. Country lane blind corner 

Just seen this after our chat today.

i assumed you were in the lotus. 
looks totalled to me.

i will be calling tomorrow for sure. 
Michelle sends love x

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

still waiting for the trimmer to finish my retrim........

having been told it was 'almost there'..........Ive not seen it since lock down and am getting a little....mmm...well......just a little :ermm:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Well if you are going to scrape your wheels, better do it properly and do the whole rim. 🥴👎

Eurotunnel is narrow.

7CF0EAD6-5C46-43C3-A8FE-0F6E029173D2.jpeg

• Sad 3

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ouch!

Always book the high vehicle carriages on Eurotunnel (they are wider). It was a Eurotunnel employee who told me to do this on my first trip with the Evora as he directed me in that direction when boarding.

They don’t charge any extra and and it’s always amusing to see others pointing their finger & laughing at you when they think you’ve taken the wrong lane after check in 😎

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP Yeah agree. I did actually when I booked it and they put me in that cue and train on the way out but didn’t on the way back. It was also the mate I went with who happened to be in the drivers seat at the time so he feels guilty. I probably should have moaned at Eurotunnel staff at the time for not putting us on correct carriage to maybe get some monetary compensation towards fixing. Only a rim but still annoying.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I’ve had 2 encounters with Eurotunnel staff in the past 3 years.

One was when I was in the Evora at the French end when I was blocked from going to the high vehicle lane by a member of staff who tried to direct me to the normal car lane. I just told him “no way” & pointed to the high vehicle sign on the window hangar. He asked “why?” & I just told him to check his company’s policy on the type of car.

The other time I was in the Lexus RX when they pointed me to use the upper deck. I just said “nope” When they got insistent I told them that “it’s impossible to see the corner markers at the top of the ramp in this car so if I go up there and the car gets damaged you will be responsible when I claim against your employer.” He then backed down & waved me through to the lower deck.

• Like 1

Well that makes 3 F*** Ups out of 3 for the builders on the house. Not a good batting average:

1. Barn Doors - Have destroyed themselves twice last winter and are still not working properly - Another very reluctant visit by the fitters to have another go later today.

2. Central Heating - Having had the central heating replaced in the last month (removed old Rayburn for new Combi Boiler). The vent sounds like a jet engine in one of the bedrooms even with the double glazing closed of which we were not warned about, the new oil feed line has had to be replaced twice due to leaks, the garage where it is sited stinks of diesel when it's running and now it has just flooded the garage as parts are missing from the internals of the boiler. And to top it off we are going to have to pay to have it moved to a location in the garage that allows us to sleep. And this does not include the lazy stupid decisions when it was going in such as the oil tank fitted backwards to make their lufe easier. And this is reputable company that isn't cheap.

3. Roofing - We haven't even started the roofing but the slate lorry driver having repeatedly been told not to drive over our cess pit access covers by both Craina and I has been driven over it and smashed some of the pipe work and cover. Had a fun 1/2 hour pulling out broken concrete and plastic so as not to block up our loos. Awaiting a response on that.

I was hoping I could have spent some time in the barn working on my cars whilst all this was going on but oh no I have to watch everything every second.

Also our tiler thinks our rubbish pile is for him to bring his rubbish to and dump so we have to pay to remove it, even when challenged he admitted it and carried on. The problem is we piss him off that's the end of tiling which is a pre-requisite for a lot of other stuff. Oh and I have suspicion where the next f*** up is going to be but we have not had any site of the main builder since the start of all this.

Is it always this bad? Do I expect too much? Oh and some of the tiling is a bit iffy in my opinion but what do I know.

Yes it is always this bad.  As part of work on my house:

1. Builder built new garage in front of existing 10 foot retaining wall. Was supposed to be fully tanked at the bank and for the first two years every time it rained the garage flooded as the twat had not tanked it properly. His first excuse was that there was "an underground stream behind the retaining wall". You could not make it up. I eventually fixed it by digging down the other side of the original retaining wall (where the hill was) and putting in drainage and low and behold, no more floods!  Fcuking muppet!

2. Brand new sealed front door put in (the composite sort with the double locks, seals etc). After 2 years I needed to replace it as the fcuking muppet builder thought it would be OK to just use two screws each side to secure it, so four in total, as opposed to the 10 the manufacturer advised was needed - So a further £1600 for a new new door to be fitted as the frame in the old one twisted over time due to the door weight and insufficient retention. Twat!

3. Retaining wall built and the builder has had to rebuild it FOUR times as each time it has moved and cracked. Got him out again this month and he says "spoken to my federation and they don't believe it was my building work that is the problem as if it was going to move it would have done so within 5 years since it was built" - the conversation went something like "Really. You fcuking muppet, are you really that stupid!  In those five years you've been back four times to rebuild the fcuking thing. Are you just taking the piss. Or do you have a short term memory issue. Are you just fcuking stupid!" - he is now rebuilding the wall for the 5th time. oh, and it cost me £1400 for an Engineer to inspect and document the failings in the building of the wall and even then, the Builder tried to say it was not his fault.

4. Patio laid by builders - the slabs "moved and sunk" after 18 months and needed relaying. The patio in the other side of the garden built by me 17 years ago is still sound and no issues!  Go figure (oh, as is the 9 foot retaining wall I built myself over there too!)

No doubt the "trades" will be along on here soon moaning about how we are victimising them but the sad fact is, with a few exceptions, and in my own very personal experience, the majority of trades in this country not only need their wives to make the sandwich box up for them each morning, but also to tie their fcuking boot laces for them too before they leave for work other wise that would be another reason for them not to turn up on time (or even at all) due to be in A&E with a broken nose after face planting the floor through tripping on their boot laces.  I think that is one reason why those beige leather "pull on" builders are so prevalent now as the they don't even have to worry about boot laces.

:wallbash:

• Sad 1

The small print.

Having been a Project Manager and Program Manager in the past I am very aware of the issues with the customer, that is why I am very careful not to change specifications, have everything agreed up front etc.. But I therefore do have certain expectation with regards to results.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Sadly @march I’ve seen first hand on hundreds of occasions the absolute appalling attitude many trades have towards the job. Builders are without question the worst - closely followed by plumbers.

I for one am simply not interested in working for any builders whatsoever ( with the exception of one mate )

• Like 1

Only here once