Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 11 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Working on the car again, still not running properly and to cap it all I think my wedding ring must have fallen off and went under somewhere then went completely amiss when I came back and it cant be found anywhere. Just celebrated our first anniversary and the rings were specially hand made by a jeweller friend in Turkey and obviously a one off design. Mega downer.

Edited by johnpwalsh

Went to garage today to check up on the Elite..garage roof leaking like a sieve, had hung up a gutter where I thought water was coming in, seems to have caught what-half of it, rain spills over the car roof, so put a car cover on the car last week, now clings damply to roof of car.

Complained to landlord whose answer was a polite version of  "if you don`t like it you know what to do".

Maybe I`m being naive but  I thought garages were to keep the weather off cars  ?

Have started looking around again but will be lucky to find another one as close to where we live... :no      

Heey it`s a double whammy for me ! Elite started acting up in traffic, idling ok but almost totally non-responsive, stalling every few hundred yards.  Decided to stop. Thought it was fouled plugs (BTW spent 4 hours a few months ago looking for a sparkplug socket spanner-FAIL). Chatted to a few people who had stopped to admire it !

Breakdown truck arrived, cleaned plugs, it seemed fine again, we went for a light meal, came back and drove back...for a bit, then started again. Made it back by revving madly at junctions..

Must be the coil !!??

• Gold FFM

Some days it just feels like you can't earn it fast enough.

Today:

Family Wagon - Jamed electric tailgate lock fixed - £240

House Roof leak - new lead flashing/tile pointing - £275

Le Mans booking and deposit - £200

Can you guess which one the wallet opened up easiest for lol?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Ouch! That M100 heavy pedal playing up again Phil? ;)

Good luck with whatever.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Unhappy, coming back from the S3's first run yesterday knowing that she is now going to be tucked up in the garage for the next few months as I am due back to work in Kazakhstan in a few days and the snow will be thick by the time a get back, ah well at least she made the tarmac this year and the smile factor will last until the spring.

Guest surferphil

Ouch! That M100 heavy pedal playing up again Phil? ;)

Good luck with whatever.

No, all the standard callipers are in a box in a shed where they belong. ;)

Thank you!  :help:

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to have a go on taking off the two hoses on the chargecooler pump, and the retaning bolt itself, bu to no avail. Grrrr...

I think 7-8 joints are needed on ones arm. So bicycled home from the garage with new snow Falling. Guess it's Winter.

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Started of a good day when my new water pump for the S3 arrived from PNM, thanks Pete. Then went to rat sheet, I decided to do SHMBO old Eclat first as it needed a new cambox gasket as the oil was leaking onto the exhaust manifold and stinking the car out, she aso required a new exhaust down pipe gasket so me thinks ok, couple of hours work and have it done ready for the weekend then I can crack on with the S3, big mistake, just got the cambox off and the heavens opened up and of course I am working outside in the sunshine, mistake No2. My daily driver am Rav 4 is sitting in the next village about 3 miles away as I thought a couple of hours, take the Eclat back to the rented garage, pick up the Rav and get home and do the said S3, mistake No3, to get the Eclat out of the said rented garage I had to move my camper van which was parked in front of the said rented garage and park her in next door neighbours secure yard while I do the Eclat. Bummer, obviously cant get the Eclat finished due to the pissing down rain, the said next door neighbours yard is now locked and my van stuck behind the security gates, my Rav is stuck at the side of the road in the next village and now I have a bloody 3 mile walk in the rain to go and get it back. Good planning, NO.

AND STILL NOT STARTED ON THE S3.

• Gold FFM

It's a Lotus, you have to laugh or it would be a visit too one of two installation's. the scrap yar for the car or the nut house for the owners.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mutley00

I know they've been much maligned in the past for their motorway driving, but when it comes to letting you out at junctions or flashing you through on a narrow road, I find White Van Men up there with the best of them. We'd been sat at a junction for a while with SWMBO driving and she was starting to get irate at the number of drivers that wouldn't delay their journey by 10 seconds max to let us out. So I started categorising the drivers as they came passed, on the chances they'd let us out...

Young girl in Fiesta - no chance. How they have less crashes than lads their age I'll never know

Middle age bloke in BMW - dream on!

Slightly older bloke in Merc - ditto

Middle age woman in people carrier - the worst drivers on the road. Aren't even aware of anyone else on the road.

Middle age woman in people carrier (with kids in) - sorry these are the worst drivers

Old bloke in Toyota - I'll forgive him as he looked like my Dad. But have you seen the dings on my Dad's car?

White Van Man - Yeess or rather no, my mistake, its a Minibus Taxi

Aha - 30 / 40 something lad in Focus ST...........and we're on our way! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not aloud to drive right now. More tests on Monday and waiting on results. Lost my sight and the ability to talk properly for about 90 minutes whilst out. Apparently it's call a TIA. 98% back to normal now but generally feeling a bit shite about everything.

• 3 weeks later...

So after a successful evening work assignment I head home at 22:00 earlier this evening. It was dark, pissing rain, but I was nonetheless feeling quite content after a hard day's work.

What better way to top off a good day than to take too narrow a corner and smash straight into the curb on the concrete island in the second crossing I come across, wrecking 2 tyres in the process and f*****g up the front wheel alignment in the process.

That I can live it. Life sucks sometimes. What bugs the shit out of me is that new tyres in the right profile 205/50R17 for my Ford Focus cost just under 200 pounds EACH and I believe wheel alignment for the front wheels will land at around 300-400 pounds. Jesus Christ. There seems to be no difference between the price of high performance sports tyres and regular stuff here in Stockholm.

I'm so pissed off right now I can barely type.

Although all things considered things could be worse...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Not aloud to drive right now. More tests on Monday and waiting on results. Lost my sight and the ability to talk properly for about 90 minutes whilst out. Apparently it's call a TIA. 98% back to normal now but generally feeling a bit shite about everything.

Holy crap Ian. How you doing now?

That's scary shit, same as what my dads suggested diagnosis was a few years ago. He had to hand in his license for a 6 month stint from what I remember. It really got him down.

It's your livelihood aswell though. Hope your hanging on in there dude!!!

Chunky Lover

I second the Holy Crap Ian!

Hope you are doing better!

Not sure if you saw this video of a news reporter on live tv having a TIA, but Apparently she recovered fully!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVKDm4PhEwI

Here's the explanation of what happened.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

Cheers fellas. Amongst other tests, I had to have an MRI scan, and ultrasound scan in the neck and head where they can see blood flow taking oxygen to the brain. The Consultant has now confirmed, everything is 'as it should be' and they cannot see any damage. I have therefore been aloud to drive again from the end of last week. I can honestly say I am more than a little relieved after being told no driving for 6 weeks and that is on the understanding nothing further happens. Happened mid way through giving a driving lesson so not being able to see or talk was a tad worrying at the time before getting ambulanced off to Torbay Hospital a couple of weeks back now.

• Gold FFM

I've not seen those video clips before but they are scarily identical to how it started. I actually put my phone on my lap and pressed record as soon as I knew something wasn't right, so I also have it on tape although other than the paramedics haven't let anybody hear it mainly due to my own embarrassment really.