Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 122 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Yep. Can’t complain too much - It’s 3 years old with 125k mileage on a clutch that gets a lot of abuse. 

Time to trade it I recon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Spent 20K on a car yesterday to empty the Bank Account (pick up in a week) then work car breaks down first thing this morning so off to the menders so no work getting done until back. And to finish the day off emergency trip to a vet this afternoon and an operation to pay for next week.

Credit card bashing time ... 👎🙁

• Sad 3

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

0627 this morning on the way to take the kids swimming we were behind a Nissan Micra the driver of which was clearly off his tits.

My van is now stuck in the middle of a major rtc scene since he swerved straight into the path of an oncoming 7.5t Royal Mail truck, ripping the front axle off and spitting the Micra into the hedge. 

Back home with no vehicle - two shook up kids - awaiting the inevitable news about the Micra driver - there was nowt I could do for him.

Chap in the lorry was badly shaken. How my van missed being hit by the explosion of parts I will never know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So. One of our major suppliers being a dick. 3 months ago sent them an email with a list of materials I wanted them to quote on. Quote comes in at just over £950 quid. Duly place order with some items removed as I had sourced elsewhere cheaper. Items finally arrive after phoning several times with the final invoice enclosed for £147 quid less than original quote. Refund of the difference. Nope.

Again. NOT Impressed. Monday morning irate call to make. AGAIN.

On 12/06/2021 at 09:16, Barrykearley said:

0627 this morning on the way to take the kids swimming we were behind a Nissan Micra the driver of which was clearly off his tits.

My van is now stuck in the middle of a major rtc scene since he swerved straight into the path of an oncoming 7.5t Royal Mail truck, ripping the front axle off and spitting the Micra into the hedge. 

Back home with no vehicle - two shook up kids - awaiting the inevitable news about the Micra driver - there was nowt I could do for him.

Chap in the lorry was badly shaken. How my van missed being hit by the explosion of parts I will never know.

Glad you and the kids are OK Barry. Look after them mate, and yourself of course.

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Thankfully the guy isn’t dead - but has been left with life changing injuries and is in the QE in Birmingham - apparently in a stable condition.

• Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 14/06/2021 at 23:22, windymiller said:

did yet another freebie job this morning then driving home a rock hit the van window and £190 excess to replace it 😒

Bugger!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Well after an appointment with the surgeon today, it is official.

Surgery on Friday 25/6. Then 6~8 weeks to recover. No driving in that time. I can't even support my arm and use my fingers to type.

I suppose I should be happy that this will get me back to about 95%. Without the surgery, 75% but if I tore the small tendon, then it would be a right mess to fix up.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, ramjet said:

Well after an appointment with the surgeon today, it is official.

Surgery on Friday 25/6. Then 6~8 weeks to recover. No driving in that time. I can't even support my arm and use my fingers to type.

I suppose I should be happy that this will get me back to about 95%. Without the surgery, 75% but if I tore the small tendon, then it would be a right mess to fix up.

Good luck with that Mike. Sounds awful TBH! But at least you will get movement back!

Well for me, My day started great with my youngest daughter coming over with my Granddaughter, I got a lovely card and some pressies. Then I waited.......

At 6pm my son brought me a pack of beer and some icecream..... hmmmm. 

My Mrs would see I was a bit pee'd off so she got me a bottle of whisky and said it was from my other son.

My oldest daughter didn't come round or even send me a message! 

I don't want material things but is it wrong to want a "thanks for being my dad"? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Count your blessings Kimber's. At least you had something. Keep smiling and just remember retirement, more grandchildren which you will have to look after and provide for and the, the argument of who gets the car :)

55 minutes ago, windymiller said:

realising its the longest day today 🙄

so winter is on its way again.

• Sad 1

I have just come in from my field doing some strimming round the edge I had a jumper and jacket on, did get a bit warm after half an hour though.

Sat outside with a nice Merlot facing the setting sun to the west. Lovely evening in my part of ItsNotEngland.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!