Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 176 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

If they want you in surgery tomorrow, then I suspect you'll be in Cath Lab with the surgery on standby.  Caths are good for stents and ablations which an Interventional Radiologist can perform.  However, if they run into issues then that's why surgery is always a backup to Cath Lab procedures.  

I hope your ECG results don't require Cath Lab or surgical procedures, but I wanted to let you know the next possible steps.  I'm not a doctor but did a lot of IT work in Radiology and Cardiology so YMMV.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

At least you are already acquainted with the stent drill.  Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

All the best @pete. Hope no rubber gloves involved ;)

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Fingers crossed they're just being cautious and it's nothing serious Pete!

• Thanks 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

44 minutes ago, Escape said:

Fingers crossed

But not whilst the rubber gloves are on. Oof, that'd be uncomfortable!

• Sad 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Diet change needed?

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...

Following on from my phone saga in Zambia in August where I lost my phone then found it again after I'd returned to the UK - it was still in Zambia. 

This time, sitting in the pub in T2 @ Heathrow, and the phone decided to brick itself. It is completely locked, cannot soft or hard boot it, nothing, just bricked. Apparently not an uncommon issue with this phone as I have just discovered - Asus ZenFone 8.

Still in warranty, but will have to wait until we get back from Cape Verde. F**king annoying though. 

• Sad 2

On 23/12/2023 at 18:37, Painterdave said:

Cape verde's Cape verdes a lovely part of the world

Yes

embed?resid=31296ED1CBF443C0!518997&auth

Turn around and

embed?resid=31296ED1CBF443C0!518995&auth

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pete said:

WTF.  Fired over pronoun usage. Takes a lot for a kid to announce that they are different. The crap they get afterwards from society is shameful and unnecessary.  But when a teacher recognizes and accepts them for who they are - it's not a justified reason to fire them.  Teachers already make low wages for the work they do and this action just pours salt into this wound.

17 hours ago, bogle said:

But when a teacher recognizes and accepts them for who they are

Not sure you read the story correctly (or I have misread your post). The Teacher was fired for NOT automatically acquiescing to the girls request to be referred to as a "boy".

Kids should be kids but they are being pressured, often by the LGBT community it seems to me, to make life choices at an early age.

We are now slowly seeing that often these "choices" were made too early with severe consequences to the individual.

Don't get me started on UK teachers pay, they do very well when you factor in the number of days they work. They got 5/6 weeks more holiday which is "worth" several thousand pounds a year - I used to buy an extra 10 days holiday a year at a cost to me of £4,000, for instance.

The small print.

I will get you started I'm afraid. A close relative works in a maintained school of 200 kids. The head has just awarded himself a pay increase to £138k and the Head of Business has just arbitrarily changed their contract from a 37.5 hour week to a 48 hour week, backdated six months and awarded themselves a 20%-ish increase for this, with back pay, for no reason at all other than that they can, and of course greed. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

I will get you started I'm afraid. A close relative works in a maintained school of 200 kids. The head has just awarded himself a pay increase to £138k and the Head of Business has just arbitrarily changed their contract from a 37.5 hour week to a 48 hour week, backdated six months and awarded themselves a 20%-ish increase for this, with back pay, for no reason at all other than that they can, and of course greed. 

Ok, the American teacher isn't paid that well. They often have to buy school supplies for their students since the schools are unable to purchase them.  Thus, digging into the already low wages of elementary, middle school and high school teachers.  College professors don't start making a decent salary until they achieve tenure.  

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Not sure you read the story correctly (or I have misread your post). The Teacher was fired for NOT automatically acquiescing to the girls request to be referred to as a "boy".

Yes, I didn't read far enough into the article. My bad.  Thanks for the correction.

Found out that Gil de Ferran died yesterday.   I worked with him in 2000 and it was a pleasure. We won Penske's 100th CART race, the championship and set the world closed course speed record during qualifying at California Speedway (241.43 mph average speed over the lap).  

He was a trained engineer as well as a great racing driver which made working with him more interesting.

Yesterday, he was racing his son when he felt unwell and stopped then had a heart attack and couldn't be saved.  Reminded me of ACBC's demise.

• Sad 4

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE