Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 36 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

There ain't no loyalty any more from most employers. It makes me laugh when they interview you and say, Oh, you seem to only stayed at the last place for 18 months, the same the one before. why do you flip so frequently?

My response - because I'm damn good at what I do, so my skills are in demand, so when a better offer comes along I say OK.

To which they reply, so why should we hire you, we want someone long term. So then I say great, so do I do. So rather than offer me the usual 1 month's notice so you can bin me quick when your FD decides the numbers are looking glum you'll give me 12 months notice - both ways, so we're both in it equally for the long term. yes?

Now, answers on a postcard as to what the usual response is to that request?

Loyalty. Doing the right thing. Yeah, OK.

My sympathies John and i hope something comes good for you soon. Either that or start up a lotus restoration business like Mr. Swankie in Fife. After all, your yellow peril was a dream!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Been doing retos for the past 6 months, but dont have the luxury of Brians big shed. Standard sized garage with a shit load of tools, or a Gazzebo over the drive. But not much cope in the winter, otherwise I may just have done it. Last two cars of the fleet due to leave this week. The restored low mileage M100 is off to France looking as good as the Yellow S3 and the last Excel is heading away up North once I have completed the brakes. Then only the motor home to play with, but it's all but finished now as well.

I need a job.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

Nope, they are getting away with it and using Indian operators with no certification, although it's asked for. I had another yesterday which had an age limit of 55. It also said, Do not apply if over the stated age limit. Foreign registered companies so no comeback under UK law as I found when I dipped out on my redundancy etc. Even if they were a UK company, I was employed through Abu Dhabi office, redundancy does not apply. Bestards after 7 years with them.

It stinks - frankly I'm glad I'm self employed - even then the boss is a twat at times

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

We have some seriously sick bastards around where we live. We have had 2 lambs killed over the past few weeks on two separate occasions by what appears to be Satanists. After the 2nd one was found with it's throat ripped out and disembowelled in the same location s the the first I warned the neighbours just in case a dog was on the loose. She has just phoned us to say she has found tracks and symbols crossing her fields up into ours. The farmer below has also stated he knows people are coming up through his woods at times.

Unfortunately I do not suspect the police will be at all interested as they will be almost impossible to catch and it will actually involve effort to resolve.

The reason we believe it to be satanists (or whatever sick excuse for a religion / cult they call themselves) is that out neighbour had the same thing happen to them a few years ago and one of the dead lamb was left in a very specific manner with very specific markings on the ground surrounding the carcass. When this made the National Papers they came back and started randomly shooting her sheep.

This is apparently what they do. Chase down the sheep with their dogs, catch one, do whatever they do which includes cutting the throat and disembowelling and then let their dogs loose when they are finished to let it look like a dog attack. As a note the remaining lambs in the group are definitely reacting as if they have been chased down.

Some people in this country are really screwed up! It's time to start barb wiring the gates and invest in remote hidden cameras, unfortunately it's so easy to get onto farm land.

• Gold FFM

That's disgusting fella - covert cameras are only any use if high quality and high definition. Roads in and out are best places to use these - they won't be walking 10 miles in chap

Only here once

Have been looking at American hunting / stalking cameras. The problem is that most use IR lighting which is partially visible to the human eye. I have found one that is fully blacked (https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/primos-truth-cam-supercharged-blackout-hd) out but some US reviews state the light is still visible. I was also hoping to get one that would email images and video but all the ones I can find are extortionately expensive and use IR lighting.

At the moment I am going to put out barbed wire coils across gateways and just make life as hard as possible for the bastards. Having talked to our neighbours again they have stated that when they had the problem before the Police didn't want to know, even though it made it to the National Papers, in fact they ignored the evidence and would only put it down to a fox attack (who must have been wearing Jack boots). Also another neighbour had just been in to them to say someone had been interfering with their horses (in the past the horses mains had been platted etc...) so something is going on.

Also the problem is - you catch one of them and then the others extract revenge so in many ways you can't win.

Ohhhh dear.

You have a pikey infestation.

The lambs will have been hunted by dogs for sport (for fun) and indicators left to baffle people viewing the carcass. The plaiting of the horses maine is an indication of which horse to steal!

Pig farmers have the best way of dealing with them.

• Like 2

I know this sounds a bit far fetched but I am not so sure it's 'Pikeys' as this is a bit of a known phenomenon in the area, we have even been given the phone number of an ex copper who looks into this sort of thing locally (ringing him tomorrow). Anyway the barbed wire is up which will hopefully deter them a little. Another thing that hints of some kind of 'sacrificial' act is that our neighbour mentioned that a leg is cut off the animal, we found the latest carcass having found a single dismembered leg first (never mentioned this to the neighbour). Just as a note I am not normally one to jump to such conclusions as it sounds pretty far fetched, also with regards to the horses this apparently has happened on several occasions but none have ever been stolen.

Also what hasn't helped is the time of year this has happened and that SWMBO has just found out how the Amazon Fire stick works :no and is currently up to season 5 of the Walking Dead in less than 2 weeks:on2long:.

Here is the report from our neighbours previous attack: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/satanic-cult-fears-after-rare-5950207

Well things have got a bit more surreal. Had a phone call from our neighbour who has been in contact with the ex-cop who is investigating these matters and wants to discuss the matter of our dead sheep with him. One other bit of information we were given was that 10 people are up in court this week after some were caught undertaking some obscene activities with a deer last year and were stupid enough to be filming themselves. When chased they ditched a phone (which was picked up on CCTV) that was recovered by the police. Apparently the phone has video of people taking part in various depraved activities with animals (don't know what they are and don't want to know) and is being used as evidence in the court hearing. 9 of the 10 have already admitted guilt but I am not sure of what.

I knew country folk can be a bit odd but bloody hell!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

another mate gone........

the big C

lost about 6 good friends this year....and 3 of them in the last 2 months.......

what the f****k is going on........

:(

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

FFS, it happens every time it gets really bloody cold - the central heating boiler packs up. It runs all poxy year with no trouble at all, and then picks 5pm to crack over.

Circ pump had packed up, Myson pump been phased out, and it's NLA. Still, Grundfos pump fitted but I'm £110 lighter.:rant:

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

It runs all poxy year with no trouble at all, and then picks 5pm to crack over

Maybe if you didn't run your heating boiler all year then..........   just saying! Must be bloody cold down South in the summer  :getmecoat:

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Gas for boilers. I used to just give my old boiler some breakfast and an evening meal now and then, she lived ok on that for long enough. Well until she left.

:sofa::ph34r:

2 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Gas for boilers. I used to just give my old boiler some breakfast and an evening meal now and then, she lived ok on that for long enough. Well until she left.

:sofa::ph34r:

Screengrab and forward to Wendy = :popo::rofl:... oh you meant the other one before :hrhr:

I pay a large 5 figure tax bill as PAYE every year and still the b@stards hit me with a four figure bill tax bill every December when I do my tax return.  Looking at how much I pay in, it makes me cry but as an employee I get no chance to use an accountant to help to maximise my opportunity to reduce my bill, the tax man see's everything....

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...

Basking in the cesspit of bureaucracy.

Swimming in the see of intereference.

Wallowing in the depths of despair.

Drowning in the well of hypocrisy.

Dying in the sea of gracious waste.

Hope you make it out ok @DDubya

• Like 1

The small print.