Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 42 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

:lol: That level crossing.... Yup. It's about 1/2 mile from my house.

I'd be posting in here every day if it was part of my journey!!
However, I head towards Newbury each day.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

14 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I suppose after 25 months of ownership, and 25k miles put on the clock, a 'beat missed' by the Evora should not have been totally unexpected.

My main gripe is that it waited until I was in lane 3 of 4 sweeping around a major (and at the time very busy) roundabout at the intersection of the M8 and the Edinburgh City Bypass before the clutch master cylinder decided that it no longer wished to communicate with the rest of the system.

Fortunately, that location is only 5 minutes (and a handful of clutchless gear changes) from Craig Moncrieff's place where it will reside until the replacement parts arrive. Meanwhile I got to sample the delights of our wonderful public transport network - nearly 3 hours, involving first a tram, then a train, followed by a bus and finally a brisk 20 minute walk to cover the 15 miles from the garage to my house. :rolleyes: I'd almost have been quicker walking the whole way!

do you have the plastic bodied master cyclinder? i have read these got replaced under a recall

• Gold FFM

TRy living where we are. First bus is at 0630 am and returns at 1800 hrs, then the last one at 2100. No trains available. Nearest line is 35 miles away.

My village get's one bus a week to Perth (Tuesday's around 1000 and returns around 1400) and one bus to Dundee (Thursday's around 1100 and returns around 1430).  That's it. 2 buses a week and nearest railway stations are 15 miles (Dundee) and 20 miles (Perth). Absolute total f'ing bliss!  No traffic. No people. Very few cars on the roads. I think we should change the name to heaven.

Image result for view of Tay from Abernyte

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Superb right now. Hottest place in the UK yesterday and one of the lowest annual rainfalls in the UK  :P:happydance:

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:17, andyj007 said:

do you have the plastic bodied master cyclinder? i have read these got replaced under a recall

It's the replacement 'uprated' part that's in there now - bit if a worry, although to be fair the clutch itself has become a bit heavier of late so maybe the extra load that that placed on the master cylinder hastened the failure of the seals.

21 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

TRy living where we are. First bus is at 0630 am and returns at 1800 hrs, then the last one at 2100. No trains available. Nearest line is 35 miles away.

I take it the above revelation appeared prominently in your 'House for Sale' listing? :lol:

• Like 1

finding out my accountant hadn't submitted my company accounts to Companies House........for no other reason than she thought she was waiting for me for something........

I have a fine coming now..........thanks.......:rant:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

They have a duty of professional care so if it was really her fault she either pays it or you report to her professional body. Time to get tough.

The small print.

1 hour ago, march said:

You obviously don't know accountants very well!

The last time he cocked-up, I badgered him to pay the fine and he removed it from his fee. Once this particular episode is over, I'd never use the little twat again. It was the same as Gareth's, only for a trust.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

They have a duty of professional care so if it was really her fault she either pays it or you report to her professional body. Time to get tough.

Our accountants paperwork basically states if anything goes awry they are not responsible as they are only acting on information provided. And we have picked them up on their mistakes in the past. Perhaps we should be changing accountants!

If they have been negligent or not applied the professional standard reasonably expected then that contract claude would be ignored and over ruled by a court.

• Like 1

The small print.

Took my car back to my Lotus dealer to have his last lot of work put right only to find that when I get back that in fitting the new glove box damper the airbag lid has now lifted along its front edge not happy

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM
On 12/05/2017 at 12:21, C8RKH said:

If they have been negligent or not applied the professional standard reasonably expected then that contract claude would be ignored and over ruled by a court.

Years back when I had my own business I had the services of an accountant, his job was to visit the office on a weekly basis, sort out the VAT, PAYE etc. Let me know what I had to give him and he would do the submissions. Twat forgot all about the VAT for a good few months and I was penalised and fined. Landed up taking him to court due to poor professional conduct. He had to cover the costs and the fine. Last time I saw him he was working as a barman in a local hotel. I just hope he's not allowed to touch he till. lol

• Like 2

People seem to think you can't go after the "professions" but they have a strong code of professional conduct and they are expected to carry out their duties fully and diligently.  No amount of weasily words will allow them to just say "not my fault".

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Message last Friday saying I have to go back to Abu Dhabi two weeks early, that's after doing a nine week trip and now only getting two weeks of instead of the agreed four. Worst bit is I have to go sit in a bloody hotel waiting for a visa which could take up to ten day's. That's great everyone say's. No it ain't, I don't get paid full rate while waiting and once I get said visa I have to go do a 5 week trip. Crap, wish this bloody industry would get back on it's feet and these money grabbing employers who are using the downturn as an excuse to screw you hopefully get their comeuppance when things start to get busy again. Guess it's head down and ar+e up and get on with it again.

• Gold FFM

I've just found out that it may be some time before the Evora again graces my driveway, :cry: .

It does indeed have the modified metal master cylinder. Great, that's the good news - Craig Moncrieff's guys won't have to modify anything to fit the replacement.

Wrong! The bad news is that there isn't a replacement metal master cylinder to be had anywhere. The factory has none (in fact the last one they supplied went to the Far East in 2015), none of the dealers has one, and the component manufacturer has none and also has no intention of producing any more until an invoicing dispute is settled with Hethel, :rant: .

Craig is now trying to see if he can source an original-style plastic one, which would obviously be better than nothing, and then modify the mountings and pipework back to their original specification to make it fit.

I'm already going 'cold turkey' without my daily Lotus fix, :rolleyes: .

Sorry for you, David.

7 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

the component manufacturer has none and also has no intention of producing any more until an invoicing dispute is settled with Hethel, :rant: .

Your quote above made me unhappy, too.

8Sorry to hear that Dave, guess I just left Craigs at the right time to avoid the steam coming out of your ears.

And @Lotus, too many parts are on too long a back order timeframe. About time you bloody well sorted this once and for all as the situation has deteriorated significantly over the last 2 years.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I dashed of a concise, to the point, email to Lotus Customer Services and I've just had a reply from a Rob Carron, their Parts Operations Manager asking me to give him a call at his office in Ann Arbor, MICHIGAN!!!!!!!! WTF!

Skype or reverse charge call him.

• Like 1

The small print.