Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 45 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

If it was my daughter that this had happened to,  For those of you who have seen the film    Law Abiding Citizen that is what would happen.  That film was rated 18 if it showed what else else i would do it would be X rated or banned.  Simple .

Regarding Rape in such cases where the culprit is 100 percent guilty,  In my eyes it should be 100 percent clinical castration. 

A

31 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Regarding Rape in such cases where the culprit is 100 percent guilty,  In my eyes it should be 100 percent clinical castration. 

That's the problem with making judgements - one can never be 100% certain, even if it looks awfully like full certainty.

In no way I'm taking any side or defending any party in the topic you were expressing opinions on. Emotionally I rather very strongly agree with the above said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silverfrost said:

In my eyes it should be 100 percent clinical castration. 

Why clinical?  I would suggest a rather worn and and jagged rusty implement, maybe an old wood workers saw that had seen better days and an old bit of leather between his teeth. I would happily hack away for free, just to save the public purse any further expense on such a worthless toe rag!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hangover. Nuff said.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yeah, was in a Hotel bored so went to bed with a bottle of wine after 6 beers. getting too old for that crap!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Found the car at an odd angle yesterday - Pirelli PZero rear tyre, just over 2,000 miles on it, punctured by a bloody great screw. Never seen anything like it before, it must be sticking through the tyre about 3". Surprised it didn't damage the wheel, too.

Can't be repaired as the screw diameter is too large for the repair patch to seal. New tyre required.

Bollocks.

IMG_1932.JPG

Margate Exotics.

Nothing. 

My wife says she thinks I'm bi-polar! I did tell her I have never been to either!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel kettles, anyone???(!) This from Gizmondo.... That's the end of tea or coffee in one's room, I think.

"Real question: does anyone I know clean their underwear in a kettle when travelling?"

Scrolling through social media this morning, these 14 words, in one foul (pun intended) swoop, ruined every relaxing cup of tea I've ever had in a hotel room.

My mind was racing. Who would do this? Why?

And is it really as gross as it sounds? I reached out to some experts on the matter to find out if the simple fact the underwear is literally boiling means this actually a safe thing to do, or nah.
"Please tell your friend to knock it off! Boil the water and pour it into the sink for washing items. Don't put your dirty underwear into the kettle!"

Dr Heather Hendrickson is a Senior Lecturer in Molecular Biosciences at the Institute of Natural and Mathematical Sciences at Massey University in Aukland.

She knows what she's talking about.

"It is super super super super gross," Dr Hendrickson says.

Here's the science of the matter, as explained by Dr Hendrickson.

Boiling kills most, but not all microorganisms.

For example, some bacteria form spores that are highly resistant to anything other than 120 celsius and high pressure for extended periods of time. The Clostidium botulinum spores ( which causes botulism) are a prime example of this sort of resistance to the environment, Dr Hendrickson says.

"These don't cause sickness if they are consumed, but their presence in certain environments can encourage them to produce a toxin that can be deadly."

Dr Hendrickson points out that bacterial pathogens in water that has been contaminated in this way will either be killed by boiling, or be brought to a low level that is unlikely to negatively affect health.

"However, who knows how long that water, with nutrients that have been introduced and then sterilised, sits around in the kettle before someone else uses it?" Dr Hendrickson says, calling the act "unbelievably irresponsible."

Why risk other people's health in any way by doing something like this?

"Your friend is unlikely to have a large number of highly heat resistant pathogens in his dirty undergarments but we do not know what he DOES have in there or how sick he might be," Dr Hendrickson horrifying points out.

"There are simply too many unknowns and hotel kettle's are not industrial strength cleaning facilities."

Look, it should be obvious, but introducing and then removing items from inside the kettle is not a sanitary behaviour, and Dr Hendrickson backs me up on this.

"Be respectful of other people and don't do this!" Dr Hendrickson pleads, and I along with her. "I am totally grossed out by your friend!"

Me too, Dr Hendrickson.

• Sad 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Gosh. I must write and apologise to Thames Water. For almost 30 years I have held them responsible for the scum that floated on top of my tea, and clingedon to the side of my mug when having a nice cup of self made tea in my hotel bedroom down south.

All along it was the fault of some scum washing his grundies in my kettle. Ok. Well, it's not killed me yet so heh ho.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Bank Holiday traffic. Witnessed a car hit the central reservation and then roll 4 times this evening. A 17 year old girl was pulled out and airlifted away. Horrible ??

Stay safe out there. 

• Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well cheers North Korea, 

Me and my partner woken just after six this morning by the phone going off due to national alarm which is normally used for bad earth quakes or floods,  but no it was the muppet from North Korea had fired 2 rockets that where traveling toward Japan !   Tv saying stay in doors under cover of go underground !   My mrs was petrified bless her.   Luckily it came on the news they passed.  

Cheers for the wake up call Kim Yong.   You have sealed your own fate now,  your people are going to get carpet bombed !   What a muppet  :(

A

Thats a bit scary Dan, especially as the rockets often blow up randomly. Glad everythings OK now.

:) 

It's getting there......

I was ok Tim but my mrs was worried which is understandle,  I just cant see why Japan did not shoot them out of the air ?  Its saying on the news now that they ditched in the Paciffic not long after traveling over Japan :ermm:   Plenty of families would of been up early this morning as the kids go back to school today also :(

I feel sorry for the people of North Korea as this is going to affect them,  They either need to take their leader internally or the place is going to get trashed, even more so now as China has said it will not get involved and that was all that has held America back up until now.  

A

• Gold FFM

So. What is Donald frump going to do now. Send in mass troops, push the big Red button or scurry off to the golf course and leave his generals to make he decision so he can then say it wasnt me.

On 11/08/2017 at 08:37, ian29gte said:

Found the car at an odd angle yesterday - Pirelli PZero rear tyre, just over 2,000 miles on it, punctured by a bloody great screw. Never seen anything like it before, it must be sticking through the tyre about 3". Surprised it didn't damage the wheel, too.

Can't be repaired as the screw diameter is too large for the repair patch to seal. New tyre required.

Bollocks.

IMG_1932.JPG

Had the same thing on my Discovery the other week, right through the side wall. Bloody new  Goodrich tyre at 200 quid a pop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TAR said:

Thats a bit scary Dan, especially as the rockets often blow up randomly.

I didn't know that Porsche had consulted on those rocket engines? Oh well, suppose they need a new market after Brexit! ;)

Hope you and the misses had a nice cup of tea once you realised all was good.

• Haha 2

The small print.

C8RKH  Cup of coffee actually :) But should of gone with the tea as the typical British stiff upper lip and its all alright i have tea in my hand lol :P

John,  they are doing nothing ! The Japanese president will send a complaint to North Korea regarding the incident,  it happened a few years ago but the rockets had not been ballistic back then apparently,  But this time think they are ballistic,  So they want to know what it was carrying.  Other than that they do not seem to bothered. 

As you say Trump will kick up a fuss,  Which i would of thought was the norm,  i am suprized by the Japanese goverment taking it so well,  if it was me i would be launching a counter strike by now,  but then maybe that is why i am not a member of the goverment lol.  

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

Unhappy today. I would say so. The imported S1 is not finished in the body shop which means everything else planned has to be delayed. Next year is the 10th anniversary of our club up here in Scotland and I want my S3 turbo to be ready.

Only good point is the S1 is going to be a stunner when completed, huge amount of work gone into her.

Miffed, Bloody right I am.

• Sad 2

• Gold FFM

Been on the phone with 2 main dealers today trying to buy another works vehicle. After seeing them advertised online, I phoned explaining which vehicle I wanted to buy - simple.

Both separate main dealers after spending around 45 mins on the phone with each collating my details and theirs - both then told me, sorry that vehicle has just been sold. Coincidence I think ?

Drives me frigging mad!!!?

How about telling me that in the first 2 minutes of the call you friggin muppets?

I know, it's because you want to bombard me with shit in email form for months on end. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!