Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 53 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Same issue about 4 years ago when white van man driver decided to try reverse into a parking space that i was already in and taking out the front of my Saab turbo diesel. I now have a no fault claim against me which cost 100 quid on renewal. Plus the hassle of claiming back the excess at the time. Bloody daylight robbery.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out today that the cracked windshield on my GT86 will cost exactly double the amount to replace compared to any other leading insurance company. Sonofabitch. Lesson learned: read the fine print in your insurance quote..... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

After many months of deliberating over it (for that read: doing nothing) I finally got around to switching energy suppliers a few weeks ago after receiving a bill from Scottish Power, for the 3 months October to January, of £920!  :ouch:

With the help of Martin Lewis's 'Money Saving Expert' website I switched to Our Power, a not-for-profit local supplier who predicted an annual saving of around £500 based on my usage with SP.

The changeover took place on March 5th and I looked forward to spending the money saved on something much more useful, like a service or some tyres for the Evora.

Then in today's post I receive a letter (dated March 2nd) from OP advising me that "due to an increase in costs of wholesale energy, we are increasing your electricity unit rate by 11% and your gas unit rate by 27%, effective 4th April". So that's the £500 saving effectively wiped out then - great! :angry: 

The good news is though, they're keeping the standing charge the same for electricity and decreasing it by 16% for the gas supply - WOW!! That's a whole 4.3 pence reduction every day right there, :rolleyes: . Wonder what I can find to blow that windfall on?

Enjoying my first trackday of the year in the Exige today. Yippee!!!

Just reaching the turn in point of the chicane when I suddenly hear tyre squeal from behind. Hasty look in the door mirror reveals the car behind barrelling forwards towards me with all 4 wheels locked and smoke pouring off his tyres! I immediately straightened up to go straight on over the grass, praying the twonk behind would miss me. He didn’t!!!!!:(

• Sad 2

He did after the marshals gave him a right rollicking and told him to apologise to me. Damage isn’t too bad thanks and mainly tyre scuffs down the right hand side from the rear, along the rear wheel arch towards the driver’s door so should hopefully be just a paint job. He ended up running alongside me over the grass. 

We had only done the two sighting laps behind the course car so most of us weren’t even going that quickly. He obviously just suffered brain fade. At least I didn’t turn in as originally intended or he would have T boned me. 

• Like 1

Trying not to go mad at an onlin auction and when I saw one item I wanted had reached it's "upper" valuation I stopped bidding, only to check online later and realise it was worth at least £200 more than I stopped bidding at...........Idiot!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Some of you might recall about a year or so back I posted this :

For whatever reason, despite it being a pretty clear-cut case in the eyes of everybody else involved, the driver of the Merc decided that instead of putting his hands up ("It's a fair cop, guv") he wanted his day in court and today was that day.

So for me it was no shift worked last night (or tonight), an early start this morning with a 2 hour drive to the court, only to spend the entire day sitting in an almost featureless 'witness room' with nothing to relieve the boredom other than a TV permanently tuned to 'Jeremy Kyle's Greatest Hits' then be told 8 hours after first arriving there that the guy's lawyer had been granted an adjournment until June when I'll need to go through the same palaver all over again, :( .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Kinda loosely reminds me of the situation I had over 25 years ago when I lived in another state. I came home from work one night to have the police knock on my door just after I got in. Turns out some drunk driver had lost control in the afternoon and smashed his car into a tree in my front lawn in the rain killing the passenger,  I kept getting notices they wanted me to appear in court as a witness and the date kept changing. I know they were looking for any additional angle (my supposed property damage?) to hang the guy but frankly I wasn't a witness to anything as I was at work when it happened and had nothing to offer. The family of the dead passenger came by one day and asked it I wouldn't mind if they painted over the scar left on my tree so family members wouldn't relive the trauma driving down the street. I finally told the police in no way was I going as they kept doing the reschedule business and I was NOT a witness, was not claiming any damage (I shop vacuumed up all the glass on my lawn while the family painted the tree)and it was a major inconvenience , They finally pissed off , realizing a judge would also say it was a needless waste of my time which would contribute nothing.

Make sure you keep adding the expenses to the claim you will undoubtedly be making against his insurance company.

:) 

It's getting there......

Just sold my Evora.  That has made me really unhappy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You have to admire symmetry

16036.jpg

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

all-new-audi-r8-officially-teased-standard-leds-laser-beams-optional-92303_1.jpg

• Haha 1

The small print.