Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coffee? - Page 4 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coffee?

Bibs

Lol David. I just buy the different instant "Pure beans". But wendy bought a perculator the other day and have tried some "proper coffee". Not got the mix right yet I think as my spoon tends to stand up in it...that or it looks like slightly muddy water and tastes like it :)

Although rather expensive the Delonghi bean to cup machines could be the answer to your coffee making dilemma. Mine produces a superb cup everytime with no variation in quality/strength whatsoever and you can simply dial in exactly how you like it and there it is every time and quickly too with no messing around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I can't even pronounce the name of the coffee you are drinking Bibs. Whatever happened to Nescafe Blend 43?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

out of coffee at work... Tension growing, brain about to explode... I forgot to get a coffee after lunch on the nice Pearl St Mall in the college town of Boulder CO. Nice scenery distracted me today...

The machinist (fellow addict) is making a run to the store now. Should be better soon.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

There was a fantastic restaurant/diner on Houston Street in Greenwich Village, named after the owner, Aggie, who my ex-wife worked for and was a hilarious, foul-mouthed, hard-core hippie feminist. If I recall correctly her best friend was Patti Smith. Anyway, she had the local coffee boutique, Porto Rico Importing Co., come up with a blend just for her restaurant, which has outlived the restaurant since she retired, so you can still buy Aggie's Blend (65% Colombian Supremo, 35% French Italian Espresso). Run that through any vacuum coffee maker and it's the deal. Personally, I like the Bodum PEBO:

post-6978-0-10376800-1336682538.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Bloody disaster, tea, not coffee, I've been buying my tea direct from Dilmah, (in wholesale qtys) loose leaf, you can't get it retail, it's all bleedin' tea bags, well they're not getting anymore Earl Grey ! only in tea bags, what a disaster !

Instant coffee and tea bags are a crime against humanity. :rtfm:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm mostly drinking Maxwell House from the 99p store :)

Roger, Earl Grey is disgusting it's like drinking a Floral Room spray, nearly as bad as fruit infusions!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

And that from a man that drinks Maxwell house ! :coffee: Happily I cab still get my English Breakfast. :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Just don't like Earl Grey, Give me a nice normal Brew.

Nothing wrong with Maxwell house it was good enough for Gareth Hunt ;) (I'm pulling your leg)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Look forward to the report on that ethiopian coffee.

For me it is espresso coffee or a well stewed mug of tea, but tea for me happily comes from a tea bag (normally sainsbury TTD Assam, but Yorkshire Rwandan seasonal is a pleasant replacement at the moment). Have tried all sorts of teas, the "best" probably being Brooke Bond Green label (proper orthodox tea, but given to me in India by a Unilever factory manager, who had made the effort to get a really fresh batch), good but TBH tea bag tea is good enough, good coffee however requires effort

Edited by simonb

QUESTION: Seriously, who exactly came to the conclusion that picking up a steaming mound of Palm Civet poo (aka the most expensive coffee in the world), rinsing it off, and making coffee with it would be a good idea? "The beans then pass through the digestive tract undigested and are eliminated. During this process some of the proteins in the beans are broken down, making the coffee much less acidic and delightfully smooth, while imparting a delicate caramel aftertaste." Yeah, my ass! (Pun intended.)

• 3 months later...

I've worked out I get through 1kg of whole beans per month. Even the most expensive stuff from hasbean totals this out at £20-ish so less than £1/day. Starbucks, eat my Krups.

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/Ethiopia-Sidamo-Deri-Kochoha-Guji-Washed.html

Just had a month on that. Strong as hell, perhaps on the limit for Espresso for me so wound the grind down and now back on the Wote Yirgacheffe for now!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Anybody use a Tassimo machine?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently taken up camping again after a zillion years in our VW Westy we had to leave the Keurig behind. This collapsible contraption still worked fine brewing our morning Dunkin Turbo with a #4 filter with hot water from the stove.  A little less convenient, but life is good !!!    :sofa:

pixel.gifpixel.gif31ez-vC6daL.jpg

Edited by comem47

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you have probably heard of (or just heard) The Black Keys. It's four guys in this BBC video, but the Keys are really just Dan (guitar/vocals) and Pat (drums), in this case with two friends backing them up, but they usually play as a duo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCSGwKOntY

So they're from Akron, Ohio, and are really in to supporting local Akron business since it's a total rustbelt/depressed town. Dan started using guitar pedals by a then almost completely unknown Akron company called Earthquaker Devices. I got in on that early on and have over half their pedals now. The last time I got a pedal a few months ago it came with a sample of Earthquaker Devices Blend by Bent Tree Coffee Roasters in Kent (no, not that Kent!--no one in that Kent knows shite about coffee! :sofa: ), just outside Akron. It's hands-down the best coffee I've ever had, and I'm a serious coffee snob. I buy five 1-pound bags at a time and am enjoying some now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-23136768

I just don't get the attraction I'm affraid. What is it with this Costa thing? Opening up on every street corner and becoming the McDonalds of the Coffee world. To me it just plain and simple Coffee. I don't want a skinny expresso chocolate topped extra milk frothy laté - just give me a Coffee please!!

Nothing more than clever marketing and gullible people.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!