Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Audio Upgrade Video - USA - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Audio Upgrade Video - USA

Anybody know where the factory install the imprint module. Think I read somewhere its behind the dash somewhere. Kinda hoping they only use one loom and some of the wiring is already there.

Myfavdave, not so sure that the imprint won't make a difference, my surround sound amp in the house has a similar set up system including the mic and that makes one hell of a difference once you take the time and set it up correctly. Mostly though it makes it easier to tune the system to the room which most of us have no idea how to do and would have to get our local Hi-Fi guru to come and do.

Car should have it all installed for the Perth meet in December so if anyone is coming along we can compare the difference.

Edited by Mikie711

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The imprint module sits in the passenger footwell under the dash behind the glovebox and interior light. You'll see a flat surface where it should reside. The wiring harness is there to accept it but It's a dash out job if you want to wire it in to OEM spec.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I meant that it's possible to get the same sound quality from the standard unit, the EQ settings on there are quite extensive. The difficulty is setting it up correctly, which I can appreciate the IMPRINT unit will help the untrained ear to get a good result more quickly.

Having said that, I don't think I've done much to my settings as I try and leave my car stereos set as neutrally as possible (so I have a place to test my mixes on the move without EQ adjustments flattering them), and it still sounds great!

Most of the gear arrived with the exception of the sub which has gone onto back order. However all is not lost as because my car didn't come with the tech pack it doesn't have the mount assembly for the sub. So to get this bracket that the sub mounts to I have had to buy the original apline sub from Lotus which, yep you guessed it, comes with the mount. Seems strange that hey would fit the grill to every car regardless of weather it has the sub fitted or not.

6387976297_e32e0e2473_z.jpg

The major components, there is also a whole bunch of wiring primarily for the amp as it needs a new power feed and earth cable running.

Edited by Mikie711

The story so far,

6408379313_28d77ce40a_z.jpg

Door stripped and speaker replaced. Dynamat on the door and speaker pod. Cross over mounted in place of the originals. Tweeter slid into the original hole after removing the Alpines.

6408379995_e22577724d_z.jpg

Location for the imprint module. Luckily the factory plug for the imprint was tie wrapped to the main loom.

6408381151_a34df4ec4d_z.jpg

And with the imprint installed.................

6408384995_31dc5fd4a7_z.jpg

Amp installed in it's location. Same place the factory one sits. Had to run a new power and earth as the factory ones are way too small. All the wiring followed the factory wiring through the center console across the floor under the drivers seat and along the bottom of the sill. Took some time but worth doing.

6408386049_daaa10d614_z.jpg

And with the new sub installed Quite a tight fit but then there isn't a lot of space in an Evora.

Powered up the system and the difference is night and day. Even before setting it up it's obvious that it's a massive improvement. Quite a few problems with the trim along the way. Not the easiest car to take apart, but that's Lotus for you. Always seem to put screws in some really weird and awkward places. That and some of the trim retaining brackets fell off, literally. Looks like the glue used to bond them to the body isn't all the strong. Would love to be Lotus's supplier of velcro there is miles of it in the car as well.

Anyway, will set up the imprint tomorrow once the seats are back in, will see what sort of difference it makes once tuned.

• 7 years later...

Okay I have the tech kit installed as mine was one of the original demo models. You guys seem to know your sh....stuff so please help me!

I have the original Alpine Head unit/speakers/ and PXA-H100 audio processor. Apparently I have an amp somewhere too which I can now locate thanks! However, one of my speakers keeps cutting out randomly not just while driving but also stationary with no jolting/movement. All wiring has been checked and I’ve swapped the speaker cables (the problem transfers to the other side). So it’s not the speakers and I’m 90% confident in the wiring. Could it be this audio processor that’s causing it? 

NB sometimes when I turn up the Foo Fighters, it crackles back into action on both sides. There are days when it doesn’t have the problem. 

12 hours ago, 80in3rd said:

Okay I have the tech kit installed as mine was one of the original demo models. You guys seem to know your sh....stuff so please help me!

I have the original Alpine Head unit/speakers/ and PXA-H100 audio processor. Apparently I have an amp somewhere too which I can now locate thanks! However, one of my speakers keeps cutting out randomly not just while driving but also stationary with no jolting/movement. All wiring has been checked and I’ve swapped the speaker cables (the problem transfers to the other side). So it’s not the speakers and I’m 90% confident in the wiring. Could it be this audio processor that’s causing it? 

NB sometimes when I turn up the Foo Fighters, it crackles back into action on both sides. There are days when it doesn’t have the problem. 

Factory setup has front speakers running of headhunts amp.  The rear amp is only for the subwoofer (if that option was selected)

Sorry guys, headhunts = headunit, the double DIN ICE that Lotus installs have self contained 4 ch amps (they only use the front 2).  Refer to Service Nots to pull.  It is NO a dash out job.  On the 400's carefully pry off sutrround trim starting at bottom, this exposes the 4 screws holding the unit.