Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snow? - Page 6 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Snow?

Bibs

Didn't you know Simon? 4x4's are the devil and apparantly should be banned. To quote one campaigner "There is no use for a gas guzzling, carbon producing, luxury like a 4x4 in a country such as the UK".

Snow tyres are right out due to road wear and apparantly winter tyres are "ineffective, uneconomical and would increase wear on the roads surface too much!" Transport secretary said that!!

Gotta love this countries do gooders!

My favourite little snippet of UK madness. BAA have spent a paltry £500,000 extra this year on snow clearing equipment and grit as their "Fight against adverse weather conditions and ensuring we keep the airports open".

Cost so far to them alone....not including airlines was stated last night on radio 5 as £350 million.

Maybe next time they might want to "invest" a little more to save a whole lot more!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Good day, everyone.

I have a friend who is flying out tonight from LA to Heathrow. Should be arriving Wednesday mid-day. What's the forecast looking like for tomorrow? Has he any chance of actually getting there? Is LHR back open? We heard it had been closed on Sunday.

Thanks for the input.

Bruce

I'm doing my bit wearing down the roads - winter tyres on the Porker.

I could hear the tutting as I sailed past the 20 mph brigade (On the clear and dry bit!) at 40mph in lane 2 in the snow :lol:

I had to give up after 1/2 mile though as the underlying compacted snow was a bit rough on the fillings!

Accelerated and stopped just fine though and I'll be doing the same again tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Rich H

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

Just curious if the flight delays are because of snow clearing operations or what? I know this is rare for the UK, but is say Heathrow lacking in the amount of snow clearing vehicles and plane de-icers ? Living in a winter snow belt in the US our airport is adequately covered with its snow equipment, but I remember in regards to the plowing of highways, etc in large blizzards of the past, the emergency mobilizing of National Guard vehicles to assist.in plowing, etc (I do realize there is a backup effect that if no planes come in from other affected countries, then there are also no planes to leave.)

Edited by comem47

I'm really hope no more snow this year ! To much work to clean the road :thumbdown:

Yesterday 10-15 cm snow and the temrature is under minus whole december month, so harder and harder to clean the road and getting higher and higher (no melted) !

But we will have White Christomas again this year. :thumbsup::thumbdown:

post-386-0-12177400-1292948077.jpg

Second Heathrow runway now open. Apparently the BAA turned down the offer of help from the Army because "They didn't have security clearance or runway passes"....... What a bunch of no hope Tucking Fossers of infinite magnitude!

What did they think the squaddies were going to do? Mine the frigging taxiways? Plant claymores on the stands? Dig friggin trenches beside the taxi lights?

MORONS!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

That will be the same army squaddies who at a moments notice will lay down their lives so idiot pen pushing beaurocratic morons like those who won't give them security clearance can rest easy in their beds. Beyond belief isn't it!

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

I've decided I hate the snow!

It's meant I've HAD to go with Lisa into Cardiff for a day of Christmas shopping and I've had/still having a thoroughly miserable day! I HATE SHOPPING!

I'm now sat in a coffee shop while Lisa finishes off as I've refused to be dragged around any longer!

I'll be happy when Christmas is over!

Chunky Lover

There's a new topgear episode I'm missing????? Greeter

Thanks for cheering me up Dave!

Oh yeah, kimbers I don't rive a gas guzzler, the shoguns making agood 15mpg in the snow, that's ace I'm sure and most certainly planet saving.

Tomorrow I have to get up at 5:30, pick up 4 nurses and take them to work, then drop one off home on the return journey, then I've gotta go pick them back up @7:30 and repeat again on Thursday!

Fun fun fun

Chunky Lover

Feel a bit better this evening.

Next door are off on holidays early hours tomorrow for Christmas in Spain. They were stuck with their disabled daughter not being able to get out of the valley so I picked her up and drove her out to the main road so she could go stay with some other relatives till the morning when they leave.

Nice when you can help out, even if it is only a small gesture.

Chunky Lover

Surf's up, dude! Time to strap on the boards and go slidin'!:thumbup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

There was a brief mention on the radio yesterday of people taking advantage of the weather and surfing on Lake Michigan. One of the surfers did admit that, after 90 minutes, his feet did go a bit numb. They must be made of much sterner stuff than I.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Surf's up, dude! Time to strap on the boards and go slidin'!:thumbup:

surfing_print_1.jpg

Already been and had my swim today. :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

Roads are fine but so few people venturing out. Can't believe the peace and quiet out and about. More of the same please. Pic as of 3pm today.

photo-5.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

You teaching the kids handbrake turns?

Strange but it's actually harder to teach them not to Si. Alot of beginers pull the handbrake up before the car actually quite stops quite naturally, It's only the handbrake light on the dash and the tell tale intermitant warning 'beep' that makes them wonder what the've just done. Teaching them to move off in 2nd on ice to stop the front wheels from spinning maintaining the revs as they bring the clutch up too quickly is a little harder - good fun though. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Snow. I wish.... :(

31/12 - 37 deg C

1/1 - 38 deg C

2/1 - 40 deg C

3/1 - 40 deg C

4/1 - 40 deg C

5/1 - 40 deg C

:tumbleweed:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)