Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DRL at the Evora - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

DRL at the Evora

Are you certain, Jimbo? The 2011 Elise rear outer taillight assemblies have a different part number and description ("grey body moulding"?) than the Evora item, and the 2004-2010 Elise taillights appear quite different (though similar externally to the Evora's).

Even if the 2011 Elise lamps are the same as the Evora lamps, I suspect I'll have to spring for new items-- unless it is common for you folks Over There to swap out lighting components on brand new cars...

Thanks again for all comments and suggestions!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elise and Evora do have different part numbers, so if you can get the Evora ones cheap enough then it shouldn't be an issue. For reference the Chrome Light Bezel on the Evora is actually a seperate part and not attached to the light unit.

• 6 months later...

So with this mod is it true DRL? As in is it only the LED Side Lights are coming on?

Or are the rear lights on as well? Or is is the LEDs and the Xenons?

Cheers in advance.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

• 3 years later...

It may, butmore annoying is that they get washed every time you push the windshield wascher. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Even if they did get washed all the time, it's an advantage. A driving course I was on said a layer of dust was equivalent to about 15% light.

Dust may not be such an issue in the UK/Europe however, compared to my neck of the woods.

Note: I don't know how you measure one layer of dust? :detective:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Should be about 1 in 6 times I believe.

Actually, it is 1 in 3. But, always on the first time after you start the car, which is really annoying on your daily commute. 

Even if they did get washed all the time, it's an advantage. A driving course I was on said a layer of dust was equivalent to about 15% light.

Dust may not be such an issue in the UK/Europe however, compared to my neck of the woods.

Note: I don't know how you measure one layer of dust? :detective:

True, you do get clean headlights. But you also get a dirty car!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 2 years later...
On 22/01/2011 at 14:56, JAWS said:

Don't know if this helps but depending on how new your Evora is (<3 months), you can switch to Federal spec lighting. i.e have all lights come on, on ignition. If you look in the passenger footwell under the glove box you'll see 2 white connectors, plug them together and voila.

Just done this, thanks :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

On topic but off topic..

Is there any difference between the electronics that mean you get DRL on the Evora 400's but without the hardware in the earlier cars (like mine, a late 2009 car)?

Simply put, if I bought some Evora 400 DRLs, how much is plug-n-play, and how much will be talking to an ECU somewhere?

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights