Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Access Hatch.. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Access Hatch..

Quick question for the Evora owners.. I was topping up the screen fluid, and put the access hatch back down but it doesn't seem to sit flush with the clam. I noticed it when sitting ^in the car, and it sits slightly higher than the clam?!

Normal? Doesn't seem to go down any further

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Justin,

When the hatch is open, you will see 2 rubber grommets / stoppers. Remove these, and a 10mm (I think - may be 12 mm) bolt head is underneath. Adjust the height of these bolts to make the hatch sit flush. Replace the grommet(s), and close the hatch.

Measure with a straight edge to ensure all is level.

It's not even a 1/2 spanner job.

Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Justin

Was it high before opening it to fill the washer bottle?

I had that problem after the first time I filled the washer bottle but a stronger slam (sounds drastic but couldn't think of a gentler word) when closing the hatch did the trick.

If it wan't flush before you filled it then Derek's suggestion sounds sensible.

Just been looking at photos to remind myself as never remembered ever seeing it stick up and it sits perfecttly flush and in fact most people wouldn`t even know it was a hatch of course being the point. As Brian says when I shut it I tend to drop it the last bit so getting positive latching. Hope it is siomething simple like that!

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

As a related issue, does anyone else have difficulty in replenishing the screen wash fluid? Mine seems to flow in very slowly. I usually do put in small doses in parallel with tyre and oil checks, cleaning the screen etc. but it is still the longest item. I've tried pushing a small tube down to release possible air locks or clear an obstruction - no better!

A character feature??

Mel

No problems at all. I keep screen wash pre mixed in an old large squash bottle and it pours cleanly out of that straight down the pipe from memory. (offshore at the mo so can`t do a test!) I usually do all the cars in the drive at the same time depending who`s home etc. so do it even if not really requiring it and never remember an issue.

Are you talking about it foaming up a lot, which mine does due the concentration, but I just keep pouring anyway, or does the liquid not drop quickly?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Yes it is quite a slow filler and because of the awkward position I find the best way is to pre mix the solution in a watering can with a long spout so that I don't need to stretch over the front of the car which saves straining my back.

Al, Bingo, thank you - there must be a problem with mine then, because I wouldn't call it nearly as fast as "quite slow"! I couldn't even think of standing and waiting. The top cup fills and then takes about 15 seconds to drain down. It's not to do with foaming - plain water is the same. When I have time I'll see if it's simple to get down below and see what is going on - else it's back to the dealer as it's no joke when not in the mood to stand and admire the car for 10 minutes!

• 1 year later...

Minor problem here, pulling the lever is not releasing my access hatch. Cable inner is definitely being pulled, but it feels like the outer may not be located properly, so the cable has nothing to pull against.

Any idea's for alternative release options?

Phew !  Sorted, but I had no idea my aging body could twist into such ridiculous positions.

I decided the best way to resolve my dilemma was to release the cable from the inboard end, under the dash and pull the whole cable assembly to release the hatch.  It worked.  I was surprised how far I had to pull it, that cable has plenty of slack in it, and the outer had come away from the cleat by the access hatch release.

Only challenge then was to get the cable re-attached to the lever, by undoing the two bolts holding the lever and bracket to the dash under tray.

Combination of high sill, high seat squab, low dash, long footwell made this a whole lot more difficult than it should be, but the actual process was easy enough and all back to working order (apart from my back!)

Now all I need to do is remember why I wanted to release the hatch in the first place.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for this , after a fairly poor start  to the year personally I've finally got the Evora booked in for it's MOT so I can get it back out of hibernation... Minimal jobs to do this year I thought... So in checking everything the bloody access hatch wouldn't release... I pulled hard enough to break my previous 3d printed handle fix and properly break the handle ( used X type one ordered off eBay whilst still inverted in the passenger side foot well.. but as the cable was now free pulling (the extensive) slack and outer as described did pop the door... TLF to the rescue yet again..... Now to try and fix the headlamp washer yet again without spending 163 quid or what ever it is on a new one from Lotus..

Edited by Bibs