Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useless Facts about anything - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Useless Facts about anything

gghc87

Only 3% water of the earth is fresh, rest 97% salted. Of that 3%, over 2% is frozen in ice sheets and glaciers. Means less than 1% fresh water is found in lakes, rivers and underground.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And yet, there is more ice than water in our fridge.

How weird...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

• Gold FFM

Belisha Beacons - the yellow globes on the top of the black and white posts on the approach to a Zebra Crossing get their name from the 1934 Minister of Transport who introduced them - Mr Leslie Hore-Belisha

Is that useless enough? :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Probably the most popular bit of trivia among trivia enthusiasts is the fact that the little plastic bits on the end of shoe laces are called aglets.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

If all the knitwear made from synthetic fibres was made from wool, we would need the entire land mass of the european continent devoted purely to sheep.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

If every man woman and child on the planet was given a quater acre of land it still wouldn't fill Australia

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

GREAT!!! Ship them out, I'm staying here!!

iirc, this always used to be "Stand shoulder to shoulder and still not fill the Isle of Wight"......too much procreation, je pense.

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

If you break wind constantly for 6 years, 9 months and 23 days you would produce enough gas to explode an atomic bomb. :shock:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Atomic bombs do not rely on gas to cause the explosion....imagine the BILL!!!!

Schwarzer the Fulham Goalkeeper, has worn the same set of shin pads since he was 5 years old. (one would imagine they are a little smelly right now!)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Atomic bombs do not rely on gas to cause the explosion....imagine the BILL!!!!

true, but they do require a detonator to force the reaction which is normally some kind of high explosive. So it would have to be a very large bomb to house enough gas to do the job. :D

Cliff

• Gold FFM

That's just silly. It's like saying you can't knee yourself in the back or you can't bend your toes back to touch your knees or you can't see your left eye with your right eye.

I've never understood that one.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Your mind can only do circa 5 things consciously. Everything else is subconscious. For example, you couldn't feel your feet inside your socks and shoes until I just mentioned it and your brain was prompted by you reading this to bring it into the conscious.

Likewise driving is by necessity subconscious. Can you imagine what a mess the roads would be if everyone was thinking? (okay...put my hand on the gearlever, put foot on clutch and lift my other foot off the accelerator...now, move the lever into the next gear.....now lift off the clutch while simultaniously putting my foot on the accelerator).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

You can't lick your own elbow!

But some people can. A women in the audience of QI did it in one show!

Useless fact:- The chief engineer and Lotus Renault GP and the chief engineer at Team Lotus worked together at Tyrrell. However, the chief engineer at Lotus Renault GP, after leaving college, worked at Team Lotus at Ketteringham Hall under Colin Chapman.

Useless fact:- Pigeons can't watch TV. The picture moves too slowly for their eyes.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE