Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprits at Italian Car Day Brooklands? - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprits at Italian Car Day Brooklands?

MarkBa

I live near Brooklands race track and on Saturday, April 30 they are having an Italian

sports car day with an expected 300+ ferraris and lamborghinis etc on display.

Could we turn up in our Esprits waving the Guigaro flag (not literally) to get in?http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif

In any case its a great event- there are different entrances for display cars and regular

parking so the worst that could happen is being turned round to go with the 'normal' cars.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/auto-italia-italian-car-day/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Auto Italia events are certainly open to non Italian cars of Italian design. The Peugeot 406 Coupe boys always turn out to the Stanford Hall event.

If you are unsure, why not ring the organiser my friend ?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The marshalls on the gate can be a bit sniffy at brooklands. I turned up at a classic car event there in an 80's Holden Commodore HSV, and got pointed to the public car park.... It's the only one of its type in the Northern hemisphere and he still wouldn't let me in, saying there wasn't enough parking room and I really needed to be there earlier. So I parked in the public car parks and walked round and found the display was half empty with a plethora of parking. He just didn't want my car in the display...

D

Hi,

Thanks for the advice about ringing - I find that a strange response from the moderator -

I thought I'd start a bit of discussion, which is what I thought it was all about on here.

When someone has a question about their Esprit should the advice be 'if you're unsure,

why not look in the manual?'

What a ticket assistant says on the phone doesn't necessarily convey to a marshall on the day, as Dunc says-

I've been there (Brooklands) on pre-73 days just to go in and see all manor of 90s cars because they happen to be TVRs etc.

• Gold FFM

|I've spent a lot of time at Brooklands as a volunteer, and their attitude to this is ridiculously inconsistent. Your average gate guardian wouldn't have the faintest idea of the G car Italian connection.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I apologise for the complicated response.

to be clear, the response states "organiser" not ticket assistant or marshall.

The gist of it was to contact the organiser as a reference as to what steps you might take to avoid the obvious. Why you would find that strange is beyond me?

You can talk about it all you like, but it wont resolve your immediate concern, i do not moderate on the "guess if they will let me in forum".

Sorry chap.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 12 years later...