Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
National summer Esprit meet - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

National summer Esprit meet

Trevsked

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be commented upon.

Sparky forgive me but...

Oooh, Wicksteed! Used to love going there as a kid. It has my vote.

Bet those huge killer slides have gone though.

What was it like then with the bi-planes being cutting edge technology?

Billing aquadrome is always a good venue, they hold club meets there often in the summer. Nice and big, facilities for the kids, camping if you fancy it or lots of hotels 5 min drive away. Gets my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

Roz, I have an extra seat. If you don't mine riding with a Canadian

Felix, sorry I didn't see this before (my email notifications are all working now!), would love to if the offer's still open.

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

Not sure if a venue for this has been decided but....

I know of a pub with a big field where in the Jap car club we held a meeting with over 150 cars. The landlord is a real petrolhead and the South Coast Pistonheads hold there meetings there now on a regular basis. Its the West Meon Hut located between Petersfield and Winchester in Hampshire. People can camp there as well, there is a fairly big Pistonhead gathering at this pub at the end of the month so if anyone fancies coming along to check it out and ask the landlord about holding a venue there it would be a good time to do so.

This thread has been running for over three and a half months now. Are we any nearer to a conclusive venue and date. Realistically there about 8 to 10 weeks left at best?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

No nearer I'm afraid and for me I am looking towards an end of summer meet as an end to the season. If this doesn't happen then it makes sense to firm a spring meet as attendees will have enthusiasm and time at the beginning of the season.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

No worries Roz... The offer is still open.

Sorry we have not had the change to meet up in person. This summer has been crazy busy for me..

Take care

Felix

It's a shame we can't work something out, and it'd be a superb photo opportunity with all Esprits in one location :)

There was a Lotus event once in Park Lane and all of the parking meters (a few years ago) had Lotuses on them - but I only heard about it, didn't see it.

Edited by Roz_Bennetts

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think its time to resurrect this thread. The National Esprit Meet will be happening. Location and time TBC but WILL happen in 2012....

• Gold FFM

YES - I concur. In any case I will be there (whether my car will be will of course depend on the usual vagaries of Esprit ownership, but I will at least bring a model of one)...

• Gold FFM

That layabout Trevor really needs to pull his finger out.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yea im up for it... what have been your thoughts so far. I think the Bikini Car wash would go down a storm...

in all seriousness.... i dont mind mucking in to make this happen

Great stuff, in the time it has taken last years meet not to happen...

I've changed cars three times, Christmas has passed, and Bibs is busy organising this years meet!

huh.png

Maybe you should start referring to the meet you are organising as 'next years meet', give yourselves a head start?

tongue.png

Hopo,

The thought of Sparky and Wookie in a bikini doesn't do it for me but I am sure some might come for that alone.

Paul,

What is Bibs organising?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.