Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 37 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

Guest surferphil

Bazza you cheeky so and so!

im very pleased to report that the car made it AND returned fine. I left London to jump on the EARLY ferry from Portsmouth. only problem was when it got light one of my pods stayed up.... quick disconnect and reconnect the wires and all was fine. I was suprised with how well the car behaved pleased to reported it stoped and even started on demand when hot! it was certainly getting lots of attention. numerous people were asking me questions.. most in french and my foreign is really not too good! Lovely roads over there. its great how you can tear through a sleepy french village at 70mph... or was that 70 Kmh?

I will be up at the Ace again if anyones around... Infact will start a thread, Be great to see you down there Henry and would be great if you could grace us with any of your fleet!

Are we going to see some pictures of another Esprit soon Hopo? :whistle:

Guest surferphil

The aston hardly gets used, when it does go out for the day it comes back and goes strait to the garage to be fixed. I cant help but think it would be more reliable if it were used more.

He has this as well which I like a bit more :cool: :

post-4219-0-50459800-1304000143_thumb.jp

Edited by surferphil

Newts, congrats on your new motor, looks good. Just needs some SE rears to finish it.

Thanks Dragi.

Here's another pic I took. I made it look a bit moody in Photoshop:

11-1.jpg

Thanks Mark, your's is pretty neat too. I looked at three red one's but they ranged from rough to bloody awful !

Colin

Guest surferphil

That's looking really sharp Mark, you have done a nice job, just enough and not too much. B-)

I found this pic on the esprit web site of your car in front of me at Castle Combe some years back:

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_Red_Castle_Combe.jpg

I took this whilst visiting a friend on the weekend:

DSC04431.jpg

Edited by surferphil

That's looking really sharp Mark, you have done a nice job, just enough and not too much. B-)

Cheers Phil. As you probably know, it helps to have a good camera, a faster shutter speed and a steady hand.

I remember that day well at Castle Combe, was a great day wasn't it.

Phil,

I want one of those white S1's!!!! What great looking cars. Whose cars are they? Noticed the Esprit in the foreground has a green and yellow nose badge. Thought all S1's came with black/silver. Regardless, great cars. If you see them, give my compliments to the owners :unworthy: .

Lyn

(Moxie this one is for you.....)

Oh well time to change the emphasis away from Esprits for a moment. This was a trip to the Scottish island of Skye up the NW side of the country over the Easter weekend. There are some of the best driving roads in the country to be had up that way believe me. I had a blast over 4 or 5 days whilst staying with friends who have a holiday cottage up there. When up there we did some hill walking, a bit of quad biking and clays whilst the women were pampered and we ate in some of the best resturants Scotland has to offer, like Kinloch Lodge, 3 Chimneys etc. However I will be the first to say it wouldn't have been the same if raining!

The drive there and back made it worthwhile alone just to drive the stunning roads from Central Scotland and up Glencoe etc. and returning we came the other way cutting over to Dalwhinnie & down the A9 but I never stopped to take photos because just after you have blasted past a long train of cars a couple or more at a time with a bloody caravan at the front the last thing you do is stop and let them all past again!! I will have to invest in one of those mini video cameras as the Evora was simply awesome and you do not need Superchargers or sports boxes either. Nothing simply got near me all week and I even lost a couple of big sport bikes at one point when they decided they enjoyed life a little longer through the bends. Long runs in the 80's was averaging around 30mpg as well and I was limiting myself to 2 figure speeds on basically twisty A roads.

Outside frinds cottage and the view they have over Loch Slapin to Blabheinn (Blaven) which is one of the mountains in the famous Cullins. How can you tire of that view? (well maybe when the midges are out but this was too early for them!

post-7988-0-57473800-1304539964_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-51025300-1304540044_thumb.jp

On the hill down into and at Elgol where all the boat trips take you out seal watching and into Loch Scaviag at the open end of the horseshoe that forms the Cullins.

post-7988-0-52339500-1304540002_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-92561600-1304540006_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-74720100-1304540031_thumb.jp

Look at the road that twists down into here in the background! This area is single track with passing places and really twisty but not all island is like that.

post-7988-0-80631500-1304540036_thumb.jp

Looking from the Sleat peninsular over the sea to the mainland and Knoydart area

post-7988-0-74980800-1304539968_thumb.jp

At the private harbour of Eilean Iarmain (Isle Ornsay) where there are some nice Galleries, a hotel and Whisky tasting if that is your thing.

post-7988-0-44951500-1304539973_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-22634000-1304539978_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-22225100-1304539983_thumb.jp

On the 'busy' road back over the moor heading towards Broadford with the Red Cullins in the background.

post-7988-0-83421500-1304539988_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-23025300-1304539993_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-04013600-1304539998_thumb.jp

Over on the mainland at the village of Plockton just N of Kyle of Lochalsh. This is also the Castle of Eilean Donan area which is the Clan Matheson family area on the maps.

Looking over and up to Loch Kishorn in the distance

post-7988-0-17764300-1304540049_thumb.jp

No cars I am afraid but stunning scenery

post-7988-0-15116100-1304540058_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-25071300-1304540063_thumb.jp

Leaving the area heading up Glen Shiel towards the Five Sisters (Don't look at the speedo officer)

post-7988-0-60881000-1304540066_thumb.jp

At the Glen Garry viewpoint on the A87

post-7988-0-74670600-1304540071_thumb.jp

Ooops. Run out of allowable memory I think so will have to suffice.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Guest surferphil

Epic scenery Al!

All you need now is a photobucket account. ;)

Cheers Phil. As you probably know, it helps to have a good camera, a faster shutter speed and a steady hand.

I remember that day well at Castle Combe, was a great day wasn't it.

I hope later this month is as good, not sure which car to go in though. :B)

My good camera is a 20 year old 35mm SLR :help: I should get a nice digital soon but am a bit lost with the choice. My £100 cybershot will have to do for now. :hope:

Phil,

I want one of those white S1's!!!! What great looking cars. Whose cars are they? Noticed the Esprit in the foreground has a green and yellow nose badge. Thought all S1's came with black/silver. Regardless, great cars. If you see them, give my compliments to the owners :unworthy: .

Lyn

The one with a yellow badge is mine, it got turned into a Turbo/HC looking beast and acquired pearlescant white at some point, gradually returning to factory finish with the right badges. The Monaco white is Matt's pristine tuned 2.2 S1, we swapped cars for a drive and I was impressed with his and discovered more things to do on mine. :spell:

OK, my bubble was burst as well! Wish there were cars like that in my area. Just a couple of classic Lotus cars side by side.

Lyn

Phil,

Lyn

to the best of my knowledge, all S1 came with green/yellow nose badge. i have the special black and silver on my G-bod esprit because it was customary for car companies to show respect for the passing of some one of importance. In this case, it was of colin chapman in 82. lots of people have retrofit the silver/black just prefer the looks of it.

Epic scenery Al!

All you need now is a photobucket account. ;)

Yes I know! :thumbup: I keep meaning to work out what to do to get set up with that or Flikr but can always find more exciting things to do and always seem to be rushing through life! Must find the time next leave as I have a few extra weeks off between jobs. :cheers:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

This was a trip to the Scottish island of Skye up the NW side of the country over the Easter weekend. There are some of the best driving roads in the country to be had up that way believe me.

Great pictures Al,

Did this in Sept 09. We stayed at the Kyle of Lochaish for a few days on part of a weeks road trip to the Highlands and explored the West Coast from there. As said the roads are some of the best I have experienced.

Before heading south to the Lake District via Glencoe and the Trossachs, we went over to Skye for a hoon all round the Island before talking the car ferry over to Mallaig .

magical stuff, happy days :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein