Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some Favorites. - Page 11 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Some Favorites.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, only just stumbled across these. Breathtaking.

Some of the best photos of a Lotus I've ever seen.

If you ever make it over to the UK I would follow you around in my car just in the hope that it might end up in your holiday snaps!

:D 

• 1 month later...

If I ever get to do any ads for Lotus (one day...) you'd be the first person I'd call to shoot the cars. I've worked with many pro car photographers but your passion for the subject really comes through in your work and that's rare.

Lotus's current advertising output is at an all-time low creatively and the photography not much better.

The last press ad I saw ran this scintillating headline: 'Serious fun for serious drivers.'

Dear Lord how did it come to this!

:X

Did a bunch of grown men in suits really think that was worth the investment? Did they really think that an intelligent adult would read that and think: 'I'm a serious driver, hey, wait a minute, that car sounds like it might be for me!' Or did they just decide to target stupid people?

Sorry to rant, but I can't bear to see my favourite car brand so short-changed at such a precarious time.

Thanks Jonny.  I have so many people ask me why Lotus doesn't hire me to do some of their shots, and all I can tell them is that I have no idea.  I've speculated that it's because my work isn't commercial enough, or that they have their own Lotus photographer's on standby, but I really have no idea.  I would love to do at least one set for them, hell, I'd do it for free.

- Andrew

It may be a compliment, your shots are way better and more arresting than the usual corporate rubbish!

It beats me how car companies think they can bore people into buying their cars! Lotus ads should be as exciting as the cars are. There is just no excuse for anything less.

I think they do quite a lot of the photos in-house but there's still no excuse. They make some of the best cars to drive available at any price but so few people out there know that!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on those amazing photos you take of the various cars. Saw many of them through Pinterest or Facebook, etc, but only just figured out that maybe you're on this board, too :) Loved your sets on the black RX-7 and of course your Exige - truly inspiring material! 

• Gold FFM

Bloody hell man, I went out with my Nikon D3100 to play about yesterday and I thought I took some good pics knowing that I know nothing about PS and blending. Had a look at TLF this morning and found your collection so now I recon I go back to my box brownie and forget about even trying to get to any standard like yours. I tend to go for a walk now and again and if I see what the eye thinks would be nice I snap half a dozen shots then weed them out when I get home but now feeling utterly depressed. Now just spent a couple of hours drooling over your shots. Awesome photographs. I hate you.lol

Please keep posting.

Edited by johnpwalsh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

We've got a V-Power competition over here with Shell of which the theme is Bring Red to Life. I have a red S4 (obviously) so now I am trying to find a really nice location to try my hand at getting some sort of photo that is worth something. I have some ideas, but who knows if what I like is what the comp judges would like.

Don't have photoshop so it's a one shot photo that has to be the dogs I suppose.

As always Andrew, your photos are something to aspire to. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Guest surferphil

Judges may like a Shell theme so get that in there somewhere and a road or track and copy Andrews best pic and you'll be fine! ;)

Edited by surferphil

• 3 weeks later...