Senna The Movie - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Senna The Movie

hedgerley

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add, there is a feature on the T125 EXOS. Jason Barlow actually takes it out, following instruction from Jean Alesi no less. As you would expect he is blown away by it. They reckon it could make this years F1qualifying grid in the right hands.

Can somebody tell me if this is worth watching without subtitles. I can get a dodgy copy to watch (I am planning on getting the movie on DVD when it comes out), I just don't want to watch it if I can't understand a lot of it. I really do not want to wait for it to come out on DVD

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

If its the 104min version on :pirate: bay, apparently link is a replacement for the wrong subs.

just by renaming the name to exactly the same as the dodgy file and dropping it in the same folder should play the eng version on media player.

not tested though.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Can somebody tell me if this is worth watching without subtitles. I can get a dodgy copy to watch (I am planning on getting the movie on DVD when it comes out), I just don't want to watch it if I can't understand a lot of it. I really do not want to wait for it to come out on DVD

You've heard of Senna, right?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, by the way. What a man, what a film. 100% recommend you watch it, you'll get a real insight into one of F1's most talented drivers. What a driver, what a man.

100% must see... and at the cinema too!

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Definitely worth seeing at the cinema but I can't wait for the DVD either. I read that the first cut of the film was over 5 hours. And unlike a lot of DVD extras, they left out some incredible stuff, e.g. the European GP at Donington.

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

I feel a bit sad that they don't show Senna's 2 laps of Castle Donington 93. Schumacher and Alesi, known to be excellent drivers in the rain, look very stupid to what Senna does. One of his best drives ever, which should have been more highlighted.

I would recommend this movie to very one!

Senna was (to me) the best F1 driver ever. Although a former Team Lotus mechanic always tells me that Senna is only in third place to him. 1 Clark, 2 Di Angelis, 3 Senna. I'm to young to know the 2 other drivers, he worked with all 3, so he is probably better to judge.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

• Gold FFM

Just got back from the Cinema. (need to watch more F1 on that size screen with that suround sound)

Excellant Film. Had forgotton some moments - Donnely's crash, quite how much Senna and Prost disliked each other and some great pre race driver briefing footage.

Doesn't seem 17 years ago........ :(

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Saw it 3 June in Notting Hill. The director was on hand for a Q&A session after the film ended. It was a wonderful night.

The film is far better than I expected. Grown men were sobbing. A few nights later I caught it again and felt the same way. It is a must see film.

F1 has not been the same.

• 2 months later...

Meh, I wasn't that impressed. It was very one dimensional. The move starts and he's amazing. The move ends and he's amazing. There wasn't much of an arch, really.

i liked the score though!

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I'd also add that don't get this "grown men crying" reaction. I found Senna to be an interesting character, but not a very sympathetic one.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Saw it Saturday night in Baltimore. Didn't make me cry but the behind-the-scenes parts were fascinating. Could have been a lot longer. You forget how much went on but I enjoyed it and would certainly see it again. It makes a great story.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Finally caught this on the flight back from San Francisco yesterday.

Yes it was moving, yes in the main he was a great driver but was he a safe driver? Too many incidents for my liking!

Apart from his accident the other 2 stand out incidents were Martin Donnely lying on the ground after his accident and the aftermath of the other accident at Imola when Roland Ratzenberger was killed in practice the day before Senna.

It's testament to the numerous safety improvements made on track and in car that we haven't lost an F1 driver since, and long may that continue.

Watched it this afternoon and was completely blown away. There's a reason this film won an award at Sundance. Anyone with even the slightest interest in F1 racing must see this movie, if only to get a grasp of the "inner workings" of the sport and, in particular, of the mind of Ayrton Senna. The pathos is palpable, the pace dynamic, and the story riveting.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 3 months later...

Just went out and bought it and watched it, brilliant. I can remember watching the Imola incident at University.

Sennas comments about his favourite raceing memories towards the end was a real reality check.

And No I didn't cry I'll save that for the people I actually love.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Got the DVD for Christmas. Watched with the wife and son yesterday and enjoyed it more than when I watched it the first time. Wife and son enjoyed it as well.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE