IGNORED

Lotus at Le Mans

TLF News

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! 750 Euro's?

I only forked out 200 last time I was speeding! What speed were you doing?

And well done Jet Alliance and Lotus! Brilliant result for a brilliant car.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

How much is 750 euros?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

... 750€..... how many times did you get caught?.... :whistle:

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• Gold FFM

On another topic within this topic, did we get TLF on Martin's car?

Bugger me! 750 euros is $1,020 Oz. What the hell did you do to deserve that? :shock:

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I got stopped once, on the way back. 3.5 hours to sort out but it was pay up or the car gets impounded. No evidence was offered, no negotiation to be had. I've a chap by the name of Stu Thomas to thank for helping me out, he saved my ass in a huge way thumbsup.gif

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I got stopped once, on the way back. 3.5 hours to sort out but it was pay up or the car gets impounded. No evidence was offered, no negotiation to be had. I've a chap by the name of Stu Thomas to thank for helping me out, he saved my ass in a huge way thumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear that Bibs. Just got back myself, thought me and my father were in the only Evora's at Le Mans judging by the attention we got. Aston's & Porsches seemed to be two a penny.

I was surprised too having driven Lotus cars for well over a decade now, it was amazing how many people were craning their necks!

Hilariously, when I was trying to park for the drivers parade, the 5-0 directed me onto the route, lined with 250k people and I did a whole lap looking for the way out! Got some attention then too! :D

• Gold FFM

Dont think I've ever spent so much time in front of the telly. Probably the best Le Mans I've seen. Not as good as being there and really missed it this year but Eurosports coverage was wall to wall for the 24 hours. I actually recon I watched more this year than when actually trackside. Will be going back next year.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Did not see a single live minute! I'm a gutted looks like it was an incredilble race just like Mtl F1 race!

Happy one car made it to the finish!

Time for Lotus to focus on next year WEC and maybe had a second team for the WGTC! The Evora has the potential and it for sure has the looks!

Got back late last night after a fantastic weekend and made up for Jetalliance for getting a car to the finish and in 22nd place. If you look on Le Mans.org in a couple of the pictures of the podium celebrations at the end of the race you can clearly see my Lotus Flag!!! Myself and the rest of the Gobi Desert Canoe Club once again celebrated on the start finish straight with a champagne reception wearing Pith Helmets, Tux's and shorts. I"ll post some piccies later.

Bibs you can join the 750 Euro club on Pistonheads, did you get caught by the sneeky camera in the long grass on the Autoroute? We met a couple of guys in an F40 who had been done for a 1000 euros! Had to be cash no cards or car impounded.

As Promised here are some piccies.

152.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

Fitting the badges

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

On the way home, my GT3 and my mates brand new Maserati, what a sound the new Esprit needs to sound like this.

We met a couple of guys in an F40 who had been done for a 1000 euros! Had to be cash no cards or car impounded.

Hmm, cash eh, ? And how much of that ever left the arresting gendarme's pocket?

I was breathalized in Arnage on Sunday morning, mind you I did have 11 lads in the back of the Nissan Navaro I was driving at the time. Fortunately I was OK, same cant be said of the biker who was stopped at the same time.

• Gold FFM

So what position did the car in the last pic finish up?

I just got a french letter in the post :huh: I think I got a 6 week ban and that's it, result :D

:thumbsup:

So will there be a TLF trip to Le Man next year?

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

A few of us meet up there each year for beers 'n that, no reason why we can't organise a nice drive down there. I'm working on getting more people involved like I was, in the pit/paddock too :D

I would be interested, as would a few others from Kent (and East Sussex) I think - we have already spoken that we would like to do this next year.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling