Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Donington 2011] So...where are the pics? - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Donington 2011] So...where are the pics?

Rick Edwards

I am stuck in Devon looking after a 9 month pregnant wife and missing the show this weekend, and I have not seen a single picture of events at the show!

is it that good that no one has had time to post them? Is there a picture ban so that those that attended can smile smugly that they have seen something the rest of us have not?

Come on car paps! sort some out. I at least put on the uniform and went out to enjoy the Devon sunshine.

IMG_8590.jpg

Twitter @radioRedwards

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone point out to the German M100 owner that the reg plate on the trailer is different to the car??

If I'm not mistaken the car is BM LO 705 and the trailer is BM LO 105. Is the law different in Germany such that the trailer has to have a separate numberplate??

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Spotted that yesterday mate, quite strange! Would like to know the answer too!

Did you see beer being dispensed from the "fuel filler", and the TV screen inside?

here

post-3577-0-66895500-1313342949.jpg

post-3577-0-81668300-1313342969.jpg

Dave.

Another great day, though much quieter than normal, to be expected in August. Spoke to Oliver Winterbottom about the design of the Elite and working with Colin Chapman. Was a fascinating chat.

Here are a few pics:

http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Club_Lotus_Festival_2011.htm

• Gold FFM

Ahh, Didn't realise it had beer in! Nice idea indeed. (happy birthday btw Dave)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Here are some pics :)

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

I'm All Alone :(

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

ooooooo, a very nice truck offered to give me a piggy back :)

IMG_0776.jpg

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Oooooh Noooo! What happened there Dave?

I had a great time. Car Park was excellent. Show was good - I enjoyed the extra space and less crush, but I guess the lack of numbers was bad for businesses and clearly some had stayed away (SWLC, Sinclaires are just two that come to mind as I'm a patron)!

Car of the day for me was the Plus 2 Estralle - beautifully done.

IMG_5951.jpg

This Carlton was one fo the best I've seen for a while - has had a full resto, paint job alone £9k

IMG_5938.jpg

Always love the original Elites

IMG_5935.jpg

and the JPS Europa Specials (this was good, but Matty's had an even better one for £25k!)

IMG_5957.jpg

Nice to see some things never change, Bibbo can still point with the best of themIMG_5940.jpg

and finally the best of the Esprits (wouldn't you say Martyn!) :cheers:

IMG_5955.jpg

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Mike, that Elan is owned by a friend of mine, Roger Mclouf. He also has a couple more Lotus's, though he sold his High wing just recently.

looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry I couldn't come along.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Well if Roger's wanting to move on his collection Tony, I'd certainly like to take that Estralle off his hands... Though no doubt I couldn't afford it sadly!

Here are some of mine. Good show and like the move to the Summer, but as others have said very quiet, I dont think the Lotus only car park was full all day.

6b959f4d.jpg

c61ac97f.jpg

149d07a6.jpg

387aec53.jpg

a40c24b4.jpg

b75633f9.jpg

7df3307d.jpg

45f42248.jpg

6fda3f34.jpg

42fe9946.jpg

Picked up some models for the collection I had been after for a while and at bargain prices too. below is the Gold Leaf Mini Moke and Type 47 set and in the background is the JPS transporter I picked up for only £45 which is usually over £70! Also got a rare JPS type 79 for only £26, another stand had the same model for £68

dfddcc6c.jpg

Here is a shot of the models in my 1:43 Lotus collection which is coming on nicely.

15ffc91a.jpg

My pics, mainly of our stand. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come over and to everyone who helped us out on the stand. I think the 7 black & gold cars looked stunning personally, I was very pleased although I must admit I did find the whole weekend quite hard work for a change. If anyone finds a fire extinguisher by the way, it wasn't me!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/gallery/album/141-donington-2011/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Hi Bibs

We really enjoyed the show yesterday and thanks for the effort you put in.

If it's not too much trouble , could you e.mail me any pictures of my car as all the ones we took were rubbish!! I will pm you with my e.mail address.

Thanks

Rob

The Stand really did look good with all that Black n gold :thumbup:

Thanks for enquiring Mike, on start up at the show to go home, the oil pressure gauge wouldn't move off zero! The top end had a rattle on it confirming the lack of pressure. the strange thing is, on the previous times I've lost pressure, the pulley had fell off .... this time however, the belt and pulley are on and turning, just no pressure !?

Anyway, the very nice man in the big yellow truck, dropped the Esprit off at my sisters house ( she has a concrete based empty barn with power, lighting and heat big enough to put 20 cars in :) ) and then he took me home too :thumbup:

Tonight we pushed her into the middle of the barn ready to put her on stands at the weekend. It's going to be strange working on her with so much room :D

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I thought that the black and gold stand was fantastic.

Great to get so close to the F1 cars - really moving.

A huge thanks to Bibs and Laura for your help and company along with Paul, Sarah, Martyn and all the others.

... on start up at the show to go home, the oil pressure gauge wouldn't move off zero! The top end had a rattle on it confirming the lack of pressure...

Doesn't sound good, but hopefully will be something simple.....like replacing the missing sump maybe?? :whistle:

Time to buy that Evora Dave ?

Hope it's a cheap and easy repair mate :construction:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007