Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cam Lock Tool - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cam Lock Tool

red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch for the "Travis" method, I followed it and it's both fool proof and Roger proof !

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It was just that someone had mentioned making one, and I thought if that fits, it would save the hassel.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I understand the reason for locking cam sprockets, but...

What is the purpose of zip-tying belt to sprockets?

If one wants to change cam pulleys for "green dot" parts, zip-ties have to be cut off.

And than..., what?

Also, they have to be cut when changing the belt!

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

You zip tie the new belt to prevent it moving when lining up bottom and third pulley. ( having transposed the red marks from the old belt to the new one)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I understand the reason for locking cam sprockets, but...

What is the purpose of zip-tying belt to sprockets?

If one wants to change cam pulleys for "green dot" parts, zip-ties have to be cut off.

And than..., what?

Also, they have to be cut when changing the belt!

Just as Roger said.

The zip ties are just there to be a 3rd hand for when you go under the engine to align the mark on the belt with the crank sprocket, then you tighten the tensioner somewhat, the cut them off before rotating the engine to set tension to the specification.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

i put a mirror on the firewall to see the cam dots. with the belt off they can be rotated slightly by hand to get the dots aligned properly. a small ruler or straight edge across the cam shafts' centers confirms the dot alignment. all seen via the mirror. i used a sun visor clip on mirror just the perfect size

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND