Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
small progress - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

small progress

Three months time...that should be a maximum two week job.Its all stripped already.

Dont forget the BARCOTE ....ISOLATER

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

hi Richard, well i dont know what Barcote is but Mark has put on a coat of sealer, like a varnish i think? 3 months is proberly a long time but as i wasnt in to much of a hurry so they are fitting it in between jobs. Paul

• 2 months later...

Fantastic to see what can be done when the effort has been put in.

it looks great.

Looking forward to the updates.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

According to my glass fibre bible, traditional body filler should not be used. Instead resin mixed with talc or micro balls fills the gaps.

I can assure you that this is exactly what bodyfillers and fine stoppers are manufactured from.

Use a good twin pack fine stopper on thin cracks ,with a small v-groove ....it will be fine.

One of the problems with the method you are using is that you could get cracking elsewhere due to the weakening of the wall.

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Believe me a lot of effort, the pics make it look a bit pink, i will try and get some more when the suns not shinning which im sure wont be to far away! If you want to see it before i started the work, have a look in the restoration section at the heading At last shes stripped. cheers Paul

hi Alan, in some way i was trying to keep it original and also i love red, i had 2 MGB GTs when i was younger and they were both red. If you have a look at Esprit in every colour you can see pauls s2 (before he sold it) to me it looks stunning in red. Cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Very interesting read. Looks like my kind of interior - can't want to see what it looks like when installed.

Interested to read about the Lotusbits upgrade - might look at that for my Excel once day.

Keep up the good work.

Pull your finger out Roland and set yourself a deadline of 24 months or less, my last project is reaching its 7 year point , still with not much done on it :sofa:

A