Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 15 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

What a crock of shit. What could have been a humourous interesting test was, once again ruined by staged crashes, and more "look at us aren't we great and funny".

They could have done a really interesting 3 car shoot out on old hot hatches, instead they drive through a supermarket, climbing over roofs and pissing about with tanks.

They need to bring back the proper tests and get back to being a car show with entertainment rather than a entertainment show with cars.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yup, a load of utter bollocks! It was like watching an episode of Benny Hill, but not as funny. I wonder if they realise that the same old jokes are really a bit embarrassing and boring now..

Fifth Gear much better these days.

Am however looking forward to seeing the P1 next week too.

It didn't have the greatest of content but there's good things to come, the production value's as high as ever and at least it's better that than yet another shitty talent show. I'd give TG all the support you can because when this show finally leaves the airwaves you won't see anything of it's like again. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Fifth Gear much better these days.

I guess it depends what you want from a car show.  I find it a bit sterile compared to TG.  When TG actually do a proper road test, FG doesn't even come close.  I watch FG but don't look forward to it.

I'd give TG all the support you can because when this show finally leaves the airwaves you won't see anything of it's like again. 

Agree completely.

Sat down to watch this last night & thought wow, that was a short episode.  No news, no star in the reasonably priced car.  Later realised I had nodded off when they were messing with old hatchbacks and woken up again when they were  doing the same.  

Hopefully says more about how TG is a bit past its prime rather than me!

• Like 1

It was like watching an episode of Benny Hill, but not as funny. 

Spot on. 

Do they really think Downton Abbey is watched by their demographic too? They guy wasn't even a car enthusiasts either, he had a Volvo obsession! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Spot on. 

Do they really think Downton Abbey is watched by their demographic too? They guy wasn't even a car enthusiasts either, he had a Volvo obsession! 

God point, I had no idea who the lardy bloke in the jumper was, likewise I have no idea what Downton Abbey is... my guess is it's probably not on the District Line though. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Lol, Sterling.

Yeah, he was quite obviously there to make a plug!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I don't think Guy would tolerate the 3 buffoons.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

It's a shame because when you read Clarkson's editorial bits in the paper or his bit in the magazine he's normally right on it.

Guess he's getting a bit more batty with all that money he's made on the TopGear brand, good luck to him!

Hopefully the next episode will straighten things out with the P1 and his star in a reasonably priced car is Keira Knightly :-)

• Gold FFM

I'm trying to watch it online as I have no idea what channel 9 is doing with TG over here now. Taking forever to download though

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Well out of all the rubbish we get on tv here, I'd still prefer to watch that in preference.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yeah. Totally scripted and made up! "I had to push it out as I have lost my keys!"

The crapped out cars go with the crapped out format and the crapped out old blokes presenting it :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Great show this week, I thought the alfa looked like an elise with the evora swept back roof line? If I was ever lucky enough to live around lake como the jetski quad would earn it's money back in no time. Obviously the P1 was mighty impressive.

Great show this week, I thought the alfa looked like an elise with the evora swept back roof line? If I was ever lucky enough to live around lake como the jetski quad would earn it's money back in no time. Obviously the P1 was mighty impressive.

+1

Maybe one should not forget that the original is always better than the "Italian copy". ;)

Much better show it was idd.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!