Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

• Gold FFM

For anybody who is interested/needs a reminder - New Series starts tonight, the usual BBC2 8pm.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Good start to the series imo. Had a nice sit in that very Noble last year. :)

photo-159.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yep good episode roll on next week

(null)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Best Top Gear episide in a very long time

I agree! All 3 very beautiful cars, I can not discuss the driving aspect, as I've never driven any of the 3 cars featured, but I think the F458 is by far the ugliest. That would be the only car I would not choose, should I win the lottery. wink.png

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

The F458 looks a lot nicer in the flesh a lot better than the 12C, which looks quite plain, I have seen both up close.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Loved the Noble. Looked so different from the other 2 which, to be honest looked like standard "Supercar" fare. Noble is how I like a car as well, no bells and whistles.

Interesting what they were saying that the Lambo will be the last V12 road car made because of European emission legislation. I discussed this in a thread a couple of years ago and it looks like its finally happening.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Loved the Noble. Looked so different from the other 2 which, to be honest looked like standard "Supercar" fare. Noble is how I like a car as well, no bells and whistles.

I agree, I constantly had the feeling the Noble should have been a Lotus, or let's say: would have been a Lotus in the past... Seems like car manufacturers "in a shed" are doing a better job than Lotus does the last few years... But hey at least Lotus is having Toleman, errrr Benetton, or was it Renault, having a car built with theur name on, to compete in F1 and a rebadged Judd engine in indycar.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Arg God. We don't like the same car AGAIN!!!

:P

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Just seen the 1st episode on the internet as I'm still away... For me I was very impressed. A great start to the new series. Looking forward to the next episode. I loved all three of the featured cars this week, the brilliance of the brute engineering in the Noble, the clinical design and technology in the Mclaren, and the styling of the Lamborghini, plus watching it spitting flames was like seeing a fighter jet deploying full afterburner!

I remember how a lot of the general public complain that Top Gear features too much of the exotics, but to them I say why not! It's a great thing that this sort of thing is done on TV, so that people like me can enjoy a snippet of an experience in these types of cars, seeing these parts of the world.

Very satisfied with this one!

I thought it was a great show. Always a slight ripple of excitement if you know the car....and was with Ian at South West Lotus when we got to have a sit in the M600. When we saw it it had red wheels....in black on the programme. Sad for them that the clutch let go - so they did well to drive "the other" car down overnight. When speaking to their rep at SWL last September they had only delivered one customer M600 at that stage so (depending on when it was filmed) there really wouldn't have been many (if any) alternatives about....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Well I found somewhere that I could watch it and have just finished it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was it just me or did Hammond look genuinely scared when he spun at Imola?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Loved it! I'd have the lambo. The 12C doesn't look cool enough for me.

There is a black one near me, it's very cool. The chap had a Lambo before.

Lets slag the Noble off as everyone does with a Lotus, it has a Volvo (yamaha) engine!*

* I could not really care less, But everyone has a go at Lotus for using Toyota lumps

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I caught up with the show last night and enjoyed it, some good giggles and interesting to watch. Clarkson is looking really, really old now though, bless!

I'm sure I heard him as Will.i.am 'Was that ok? Happy?' after his bit, I'd have thought the editors would have edited that out!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.