Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

It was ok... good to have TG back on but this one seemed somehow a little subdued. The Zonda was predictable, can't remember what else was on it aside from Clarkson's daft mini car and the tie in with Dragon's Den. 6/10 by TG standards, could do better... still great production values and still lightyears ahead of anything Tiff Needell and VBH can hope to ever achieve.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

In the trailer/montage that kicked off last night, I'm sure I spotted a BAC Mono being flung around.  Having watched them being built and had a sit in (lie in, rather) - and tried out that steering wheel - that's what I'm waiting to see.

COuldn't help but think that last night was.....pretty rubbish. Zonda, Bentley, made up car. Nothing of interest to me really. Shame. Why do I get the horrible feeling that they won't be driving the Exige?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Add another tick to the Rubbish box. 

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

For me, well I was disappointed, it lacks any originality, this format has been going on it seems for too long. A mix of affordable and no so affordable cars would be good. Question, does their age profile still fit the target audience, I think it's time for a big change, and in answer to one criticism, there are looking for a new director of production, sure we all like to give it a try.

Dave

I suppose with bugger all else to watch on a Sunday evening the show can't fail. Although I think Clarkson is better suited to hosting 'Have I got news for you' the other two have opinions I can't be bothered to even question or think about. So the BBC should hand the show over to Tiff and Jason and with the sort of budget available produce a good show.

I was peeing myself at Clarkson in his mini car, bigger balls than me taking that on the A3.

But I am tired of hypercars, i'm never going to have 300k for a car, get back to the real world

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I was really hoping to see the Exige S in Top Gear, it wasn't in the short season preview movie and Bibs confirmed it isn't in. That's very sad, as it might boost sales. Something Lotus really needs these days.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Always watch TG but when they have such limited screen time these days, why do they have to waste one quarter of it on total crap.

Am i the only one who didnt find the bit with JC funny??? Just made me cringe!

I was really hoping to see the Exige S in Top Gear, it wasn't in the short season preview movie and Bibs confirmed it isn't in. That's very sad, as it might boost sales. Something Lotus really needs these days.

For me it should be a priority for them. They always harp on about British car makers dieing off, how much they Love Lotus cars and like to "show" brand new models. Come the next series in Autumn it won't be new anymore so gather that will be an excuse not to show it then either.

With the Exige already winning sports car of the year and "best of" in magazines they should really prioritise it, but then I suppose the presenters will have to not test one of the £400k plus cars in every episode and they won't want to swap those.

I never believed it but is Top Gear now just about the presenters having fun and is this what is wrong with the show now?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

You been smoking wacky Backy?

Brother in law has got me a ticket to see the third episode.  After watching Sundays programme I told him to give it to somebody else. I cant be arsed to lose a days money to see that.

Its the same old stuff. 

What else do we have to waste, if not time?

Fuel for my Lotus!!!!! ;):thumbsup:

Come on Bibs, you know that if are going to write Top Gear, it's not going to change anything.

I agree with what Tony says, now was apparantly not the time to test the Exige, and later on it will be too late. Let's face it the Exige V6 was the testbed for the Evora, by the time it will be in Top Gear, it will be already 7 years old.

If Top Gear is really such a big fan of true Britisch sportscars, they are missing out on something big.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!