Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

I don't have a dog so cannot post in the dog related thread, so how about a cat thread:

Here are my 2:

post-18977-0-25135500-1439366195.jpg

post-18977-0-44852800-1439366201.jpg

Both Russian Blues.

Any more... :cat:

• Like 1

I don't have a dog so cannot post in the dog related thread, so how about a cat thread:

Here are my 2:

post-18977-0-25135500-1439366195.jpg

post-18977-0-44852800-1439366201.jpg

Both Russian Blues.

Any more... :cat:

I prefer to call them "Vulcan Grey" cats!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

This si Rysiu, which stands for lynx and Richard in Polish (my wife is Polish...)

He is 1.5 years old and my first cat. I used to love dogs and hate cats but he opened my mind. Independent while amazingly social, he will follow us sometimes when we go for a walk around our house.

Currently having some rest after some intensive chasing of other cats last night.

post-16021-0-33247300-1439646753.jpg

• Gold FFM

These are our two (now sadly one) when we rescued them 10 years ago.  Well, that is after they stopped hiding under the bookcase...

DSC01762.jpgDSC00493.jpgDSC01650.jpg

They were named when we rescued them Rosy (pink nose, like a rose bud) and Molly.  Allegedly sisters.

Molly passed last year.  Tougher than I thought it would be.

I don't know what crap their previous owners put them through, as neither was social, but happy to have given them a home.

Rosy very happy in her new home on the edge of the New Forest and has effectively become a one cat "Darwinian Event" for the local small furry population.  We're expecting field mice with machine guns within the decade.

DSC00962.jpg

Jorge, I was exactly the same as you.  Not really a "cat person", having grown up with dogs.  Much as I would love a dog, my work to life balance is such that it wouldn't be the best idea, right now.

I can't believe that you haven't all seen this before, but if you want a good example of the difference between the two pets:

Cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity...

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait; it is only a matter of time.

Dog's Diary:
7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite! 
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite! 
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite! 
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite! 
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite! 
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite! 
11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ours brought home a new type of (live) prey, perhaps to prove he's really brave or perhaps just showing he's stupidly unaware of the danger some prey can bring. So, we had one live stoat to capture and remove from the garden, stoat showed its appreciation by running at me when I coaxed it onto a shovel.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've seen that Mythbuster's episode.  Isn't that where the cat's insides get pushed into the helmet...  :X

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 1 month later...

Barry, didn't you just post something about a couple of Golden Doodles up for grabs? I can tell you from personal experience that they require a mortgage refinance to obtain. Best money I ever spent.

Sorry about the cat, Bibs. Losing a long time pet companion is always a sorrowful time.

Hi, Daisy! :stuart:   :welcome:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

If you haven't already got one @Bibs get a laser pointer - daisy will love that !!

I do have some doodles - they are much cheaper in the uk!! Daisy the cat would win in a fight though - they are proper scared of the sharp bits that cats have :hrhr:image.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

We lost on of ours last November. Replacement is a Maine Coon called Calvin.

Here he is before we took delivery.

_20151205_135129.JPG

Getting frustrated with LVG negative tactics.

DSC_0052.JPG

And this weekend at 10 months. Getting bigger with another 14 months of growth to go.

DSC_0156.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As part of the physio I'be been dong a 1/3 mile walk each day (not far, it's about the left leg re-learning to not wobble), almost every day I'm joined by the cat who makes a thing of appearing from seemingly nowhere then chasing to catch up. Yesterday he didn't, or so I thought but really he was just a lot later joining and apparently made a big dash in an attempt to catch up. He's even more adamant about coming for a walk when I have to dog-sit my brother's Lab, he walks to try and slow the dog down.

• 4 weeks later...

Alaska council to vote on cat leash law

By Associated PressSeptember 24, 2016Recent News
  •  

102020122_6b08fd09db_b.jpg

Cats will need leashes just like dogs if a proposal before the Kenai council wins approval.

Kenai Mayor Pat Porter and council member Tim Navarre have proposed a cat leash law after complaints from residents about roaming felines.

The Peninsula Clarion reports that current city code does not include cats on its list of animals that need to be restrained.

The proposed ordinance also cites complaints about the impact of a growing cat population on the Kenai Animal Shelter’s resources.

Kenai City Manager Rick Koch says shelter resources are sufficient. He said he will research data and see whether other Alaska communities have similar laws.

Some residents are concerned about compliance and whether the law will tax animal control resources.

A hearing and vote is set for Oct. 5.

Crazy Law by the sounds of it John :(  So does this mean owners will have to make their cats house cats or if they want them to go outside they will have to walk them on a lead :ermm:  its the owners i will feel sorry for, most cats hate leads and be a right pain to walk !  The world has gone crazy, its a bit like when people ask their neighbours to stop their cat doing its buisness in their garden !

A

They seem to be giving it serious consideration. From Morris News Service-Alaska...

The “restraint” which the ordinance would require of cats at all times is defined in Kenai code as “physical confinement, as by leash, chain, fence, or building.” The maximum penalty allowed in code for an animal violation is a fine of up to $500 per violation.

A memo from Kenai city attorney Scott Bloom, attached to the ordinance, states the Kenai Animal Shelter “has received an increased number of complaints regarding cats roaming at large, defecating on private property, invading plant beds, and otherwise disturbing property owners’ peaceful enjoyment of their property.”

The smart owners will make it into a fashion statement.:)

Image result for tiger on a leash