Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 9 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

• Gold FFM

As it's been a couple of weeks now since the last post in here, I thought I'd boost it back up to the top by leaving this here for discussion, :sofa: .

dog v cat.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No images, I'll leave to imagination.

21:30 Master of the house starts demanding. Food?- No, Water? - No.

22:00 Master of the house, has not given up, so is let out.

22:30 Proud hunter returns to further try and train the stupid* humans. *Cat's opinion- Must be stupid, don't catch anything, not even the stuff I bring to train them.

22:30 until 22:45 I'm standing on the chair trying to get the goldfinch out of the kitchen. Successful, but there were lots of feathers.

23:15 Master of the house takes up rightful place on bed, having already had a few swipes at stupid human.

• Like 1

Impressive, Andy.

But will your cat do this:)

Image result

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Walking the dog and cat by the river a few weeks ago, only one was peering at the river looking like it might jump if not called, and it wasn't the one that goes "woof". I think it has something to do with the dog's first experience of the river going along the lines of "I'm just going to walkover there, across this clear ground".

The smart ones prefer to call the shots from dry ground. :lol:

Image result for retriever duck hunting

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It's been an immensely tough few months for us.

Rosy, who you will have seen posted earlier, was diagnosed with cancer back in April and had been on steroids since.

We couldn't bear the thought of being catless, and so in June brought Ziggy in to our lives, arriving at her new home in the back of the Evora (I keep telling the OH it's "practically an estate") :

DSC_0072_4.jpg

We've loved all our cats, but she was properly special (but then, aren't they all), following us around the fields when we were working with the horses, running across to follow us in an almost dog-like manner and generally being our shadow.

DSC_0095_2.jpg

DSC_0163_1.jpg

At the start of December she was hit by a car and did not survive.  It hurt, as it always does.  She was with us a relatively short amount of time, but made us laugh every day.  I still get hit with waves of grief.

Last night after a long battle with the cancer, we decided enough was enough for Rosy who had finally gone off her food and lost control of her bladder.  The vet came out and I held her as she went to sleep for the last time.

I know you will all sympathise, but I am sat here blubbing like a good'n as I type this.  Despite our best efforts, we are currently without a pet in the house and it is just horrible.

DSC_0118.jpg

Really sorry to hear that Dave, I know exactly how your feeling. 

Having lost Scarlett back in November, we also had to say our final goodbye to Poppet just before Xmas. The cancer finally took it's toll on her. We knew she didn't have long when we took her on, a couple of months tops had we not rescued her and administered daily medication. I'm comforted by the fact she didn't suffer at the end and she had 18mths living a life she had never known before. 

Its a funny old world though, not days after saying goodbye to Poppy we found two young feral kittens at work and have brought them home. I have to say they have been the best thing for easing the pain of loosing the others, and my only advise to you would be to get yourself down the rescue shelter and save a soul or two asap!

Tarquin and Alfalfa -

IMG_20161120_162412_hdr.jpg

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Like 1

Last week we reluctantly took our 4 year old male cat Claude to the rescue shelter to be rehomed :-( 

It was pretty heartbreaking but we've had a couple years of Claude clashing with our other cat Poppy and our house being used as Claude's scent-marking territory. The re-pointing of the cement on the stone floor and removal of skirting boards to clean behind all got a bit much.....plus it wasn't nice for our 17 month old daughter to be going near it all. It wasn't fair to keep Claude outside especially with a busy road next to our house, nor was it fair to keep him shut in the kitchen when unsupervised. Poppy was withdrawn and on edge whenever Claude was nearby. It was a horrible decision to make and I feel like I've let him down. He's a brilliant cat who we think needs to be an only cat in a family where he'll be settled and not have the urge to compete for his territory. 

Now Claude isn't here, Poppy is like a different cat. She's come out of her shell and is free to roam the house and enjoy life and we're not on edge wondering what carnage we'll find when we wake up each morning. 

It's been a difficult decision but probably for the best for Claude, Poppy & us. 

As you say, not an easy decision but if he's a cat that goes out of his way to assert dominance then probably best to be an only cat.

My best mate took on a rescue cat several months ago, and then decided (cat's a bit timid, esp around the 5 year-old son) that another cat would be great. So, they took on a second cat, seemed fine initially but attacked the cat already in residence and then attacked the owner. Looking at the photo, it appears to be a Bengal type (perhaps not pure Bengal) based on pattern on fur as well as body/ facial structure. That means to me, a cat that will be fine with the family but not great with strangers (and they were still strangers to it), it will also have to be top cat in the whole area not just that house, so he didn't even last a week at my mate's place.

Thy couldn't take the chance of him turning on either of the children, nor the feces and urine used as part of the dominance.

Ironically, since the arrival and subsequent speedy departure of the second cat, the first cat now seems more open to attention even from the 5 year old child. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have grand kids. I have to check the garden to make sure all our neighours cats have not left there shite there so they can go and play. Cat dont shit there own garden. Also i do not at peoples houses where they let cats onto there kitchen work tops.

• 3 weeks later...