Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bahar Suspended - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bahar Suspended

If there's any concern they (the owners) have no real alternative but to remove a person from a situation where, if guilty any evidence could be removed or altered, or if innocent of any wrongdoing the person has an"cloud" over them and so would have to continue with a role while at the same time be concerned about the investigation. That is an impossible situation for anybody to be in and be effective in their role.

On that basis, it's not even innocent until proven guilty it's enquiries ongoing.

The worry is is the complaint is from the parent holding company following the operational review. Whilst it is normal practice to suspend a senior executive pending the investigation, it doesn't look good.

The official statement does however stress BAU, which is some consolation.

EDP page is gone now...

Well that's interesting, but too late. Autoexpress has already picked it up and its now in the Norwich Evening News -

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/business/group_lotus_boss_dany_bahar_suspended_1_1389662

I wonder if house renovations are the cause of the problem?

EDP page is gone now...

a Hoax?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

a Hoax?

No it is still there, have look

Group Lotus boss Dany Bahar was suspended from his post today while an

investigation is carried out into a complaint about his conduct.

A statement from Lotus’ Malaysian parent company DRB Hicom said the move

against the Lotus boss was taken following an operational review.

Staff at Hethel were also told about the development today, but the

company gave no further details surrounding the complaint.

Today’s statement said: “As a result of a number of media inquiries,

Group Lotus plc (“Lotus”) can today confirm that, following an

operational review, chief executive Dany Bahar has been temporarily

suspended from his role to facilitate an investigation into a complaint

about his conduct made by Lotus’ penultimate parent company, DRB-HICOM

Berhad.”

A spokesman for DRB-HICOM Berhad, which bought Lotus’ parent company

Proton in January, said: “The penultimate holding company would like to

stress it is business as usual at Lotus. We fully support the company

and will continue to support Lotus in its business endeavours and

development.”

In Mr Bahar’s absence, representatives of Lotus’ parent companies Dato’

Lukman Ibrahim, Mr Mohd Khalid Yusof and Mr Aslam Farikullah have been

authorised by Group Lotus’ board to handle and conduct the day to day

management and affairs of the Lotus Group. The statement added: “They

will be assisted by Mr Rusman Zaihan. They have been authorised to take

up these duties during the suspension period.”

Lotus’ future has been up in the air following the sale of Proton, amid

rumours that the company could be sold to the Chinese sparking a

campaign locally to keep the company in Norfolk.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Probably we will never know what the real reason is for the suspension. But suspending him for some houses, that seems a bit ridiculous isn't it?

I think it will be something much more significant.

Definitively not good news at this time. Hopefully Lotus will issue a press release shortly.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Wow, potentially massive news.

I was in the "for" camp, he does have his share of doubters judging from the reaction on other sites - don't know how to judge this at the moment.

He allegedly spent the best part of half a million doing up a rental, that's fairly significant in my opinion!

I agree that is a bad thing, but I doubt that is something to suspend him for. If that was the only thing they had or not going according plans, then they would have pointed at it, filled the hole and kept an eye he never did it again. So I expect something much more bigger to be the reason, but that is only pure speculation of course.

the king is dead long live the king

I would have said long live MJK, but that will never ever be on the cards again will it... :-(

Edited by Exploded

Not if MJK has anything to do with it :) They burnt that bridge many times over.

I am a big fan of Karma. Thats all I'll say.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

He allegedly spent the best part of half a million doing up a rental, that's fairly significant in my opinion!

:huh: Wish it had been my rental he was doing up!

That's also seen as misappropriation of company money/funds : usually as a CEO you are not permitted to use company money 'on your own personal expenditure' - certainly not on housing renovations, unless the contract included the purchasing of housing in the view the company can make a return on the real estate investment etc .... If you OWN the company you can do as you please but not if the company you RUN is owned by third parties .... As is Lotus ....

Hope they have something neat and tidy sorted soon and before the Festival Of Speed - I am looking forward to seeing anything Lotus there on the Friday 29th

Message to DRB-Hicom : pull your shit together

Ok so DB is on very possibly his way out!

The question is: what's next ? He was after all the one with the brilliant plan "no sarcasm here"! The company will need a new CEO!

ps: Lotus is way to frequently in the news these days and way to often for reasons that are not related to cars!

Posted by Ruud on 11 October 2011 - 10:14 AM in Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat

My personal feeling since the appointment of Danny Bahar at Lotus is that there are similarities between his presentation and the history of Victor Muller with Spijker/Saab........a lot of plans and few realisation...........

I sincerely hope that Lotus will survive with this guy (who has a terrific difficult job)...........and that it will not be confronted with the same escapades as with Victor Muller.........

Posted by Ruud on 12 January 2012 - 05:55 PM in Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat

I personally really doubt if DB with his requirements towards existing Lotus-dealers will be able within 2-3 years to keep up with an attractive range of models/prices from his side.......

Mark my words.......within 3 years DB has left Lotus anyway.

This will turn out to be very positive news for Lotus and its employees..........

Most probabely from now on they will be liberated from this guy for ever; just in time..........

It is five for twelve .........there is few time left......however it is not to late to adjust the plans on a more realistic basis.

Edited by Ruud