Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bahar Suspended - Page 10 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bahar Suspended

Man, it's dark down here. Do tins have sell by dates? Hope not.

Sudders and Dany

Man, it's dark down here. Do tins have sell by dates? Hope not.

Just had a message from Dany and he asks if you have room for one more down there? He can bring his own supply of baked beans.

(If there isn't enough room he can arrange for extensive renovations to be carried out at a very reasonable cost)

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

A real shame but at least they are going to have another crack at it and not sell the business on immediately.

I think its a reasonable assumption that some of the Paris concepts won't make it but the Esprit should. The real question is what they will develop to support it. After the 'high stakes' Bahar era I would expect the new management to play things safe so I suspect they might focus on just one or two extra products.

The success of the Evora variants which will be launched (hopefully) at Goodwood may convince the new management to invest in a relatively swift replacement on the new platform to build on these cars momentum. I just hope they keep the price down to Jaguar F-type levels (circa 60K) as this area of the market could allow Lotus to build many cars at decent profits. I would imagine the Elise/Exige will become a 'heritage' model with production and developments matching the small demand from enthusiasts.

For me the question is whether they continue with the Elite. Its a big risk as Lotus hasn't been known to the wider public for front engined GTs for many years and Aston Martin pretty much own this space in Lotus' big markets. The Elite concept was also not universally liked by the public. Perhaps if Lotus aren't sure they should show it as a concept at Goodwood and get some more feedback as there have apparently been big styling changes since Paris 2010.

OK, all you erudite masters of the universe business hierarchy experts, explain to me the nuances of COO vs CEO. As both positions are above my pay grade, I'd like some clarification. Oh, and how do they relate to the Chairman's role?

And most importantly, which of the dude's multiple names makes the most sense to use in a post, or do I have to copy the entire "string" to the clipboard to paste it every time I make reference to him? Who's the resident Malaysian name analysis guru here?

:help:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Just had a message from Dany and he asks if you have room for one more down there? He can bring his own supply of baked beans.

(If there isn't enough room he can arrange for extensive renovations to be carried out at a very reasonable cost)

Baked beans and Swiss chat for the next tens years. I'm tempted obviously and the bunker is looking a bit tired. Okay, but he can only bring a thousand pairs of cuff links and no leather trousers.

Sudders and Dany

Baked beans and Swiss chat for the next tens years. I'm tempted obviously and the bunker is looking a bit tired. Okay, but he can only bring a thousand pairs of cuff links and no leather trousers.

Gino and Swizzy wants in now, sorry.

Swizzy has an iPod full of his tracks and Gino has as much stationary as he could carry out of the Lotus supplies cupboard.

Baked beans for ten years in a bunker? :sick: I hope you're not planning on any candle lit dinners, else you might be looking at blue sky before the stint is complete. And brandy without the cigars? Can it be done?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I'll join the ranks of those hoping to see DB's plan carried on... Esprit needs to see the light of day or Lotus will be a goner!

You are very optimistic.

I put down a deposit for a new Esprit in early 2000s. By 1996 I was sick of waiting and had the dealer refund my deposit. Now we're 10 years on and all we've seen is Kimberley's poor old Evora and Bahar's undeliverable dreams.

Well, tomorrow I'm off to try the new Exige V6 with my fingers very tightly crossed!

Gino and Swizzy wants in now, sorry.

Swizzy has an iPod full of his tracks and Gino has as much stationary as he could carry out of the Lotus supplies cupboard.

Now listen - this is my 'crap it's all gone wrong and I need a place to hide and ride out the inevitableness that is about to ensue' nuclear bunker. And anyway, Beatz would defo want to bring leather trousers. He looks like the type.

So no, it's just me and Dany. Don't tell hm, but he's on chemical toilet duties for the first two years.

Does anyone have one of those keys that opens tins of spam? Mine's fallen in Dany's tray of a thousand cuff links and ten years isnt long enough to find it.

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

I suppose we should be happy that it is an engineer back on top of the pile. That gives me the idea that the plans will be based on achievable physical outcomes.

I wonder what this will do to the merchandise store arm that was on it's way?

My concern is unless the evidence is bulletproof against DB, this is going to court.

I can't imagine Swizz's tenure to be much longer if he is even still there now?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

One down, I hope a few will leave Lotus as well, very soon!

Now let's pray that the new COO makes realistic plans, which could be profitable somewhere in time. Mr Bahar was reading from his book full with fairytales and fairytales are not real guys.

Bravo to the people of Hicom, who had the guts to do what was really necessary and stop the madness! No guts no glory!

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Now listen - this is my 'crap it's all gone wrong and I need a place to hide and ride out the inevitableness that is about to ensue' nuclear bunker. And anyway, Beatz would defo want to bring leather trousers. He looks like the type.

So no, it's just me and Dany. Don't tell hm, but he's on chemical toilet duties for the first two years.

Does anyone have one of those keys that opens tins of spam? Mine's fallen in Dany's tray of a thousand cuff links and ten years isnt long enough to find it.

:lol:

• Gold FFM

No guts no glory!

That exact statement could just as easily be applied to Dany.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

That exact statement could just as easily be applied to Dany.

The glass is half full or half empty, depending from which side you look at it ;)

I never believed a second in Bahar's faiytale story, sadly I will never be able to say; See... I told you so ;)

But I'm relieved as well, as I hope we can now get back to do business and build real cars, instead of importing clay models from Italy. Now let's hope Coco follows Bahar soon and Crijns will be back where he deserves to be! Lotus making real new cars and not bringing testbeds from the previous management! Now that would be good news!

I want to see some change, I really can believe in! :D;)

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

I suppose we should be happy that it is an engineer back on top of the pile.

Personally, I see that as a huge positive and am with you in hoping it means a reality check.

I can't imagine Swizz's tenure to be much longer if he is even still there now?

Seriously--my impression is that Mansory did all the work behind the chrome cars, so what exactly did Swizz actually do anyway?

And sorry to skew off-topic, but is it a good omen or a bad omen when your Lotus finally shows up the same day the CEO's been canned? Finding out along with the dealer while at the dealership was a bit surreal.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

And sorry to skew off-topic, but is it a good omen or a bad omen when your Lotus finally shows up the same day the CEO's been canned? Finding out along with the dealer while at the dealership was a bit surreal.

I feel for you there Moxie. Must have been real mixed emotions. Writing out the cheque after all that wait, just to hear that. A real gulp moment.

I kinda know what you feel having bought 2 of the things wondering if it was fun side over common sense side of brain then thought "Oh eff it! No pockets in a shroud and you are a long time dead". Still the dealers are crying out for 2nd hand cars of any age so somebody is still wanting them. Mind you glad I haven't got a deposit on a new Esprit - yet.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Mmmm, actually, I didn't quite express myself well enough. What I meant is that after speaking with MJK about it at length, I (and he) regard the Evora S as what the car was ultimately meant to be. I also love Russell Carr's design--brilliant. I see the MY12 as the ultimate and still unsullied version of the MJK/Carr/Becker & Co. car. I expect next year's would have/will have the hideous front end to bring it in to conformance with Coco's designs, which I don't have much regard for. So what I meant by surreal was getting what is to me the final best version, just as the guy who was likely to screw it up (other than bringing a higher standard of interior build quality) got the axe. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning and my thoughts will be with MJK, not DB.

I'm also not sure how I'll sleep tonight. Perhaps dreaming of track days in the Evora, carving the apexes at Lime Rock. Mmmm...good stuff.

I heard from a usually good source they all the folks at Hethel should think about learning Mandarin over the next 18 months ....

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

We're being spoiled for good news lately. Long live Lotus. :animier::animier: :animier: :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Evora + Laguna Seca = change the sheets in the morning!

Have you driven Laguna Seca before?! It's definitely on my list. Just need the time and money for a holiday like that, to hit all the great US tracks. Fun:

I heard from a usually good source they all the folks at Hethel should think about learning Mandarin over the next 18 months ....

I wonder if this would be bad news

Lotus cars seem t ohave sold a lump of top price Evoras to the Chinese rich; but the input of Lotus engineering to Proton seems a little underwelming, are the Gen2 / Campro up to the standard of (say) Hyundai?

I'm cold.

Dany keeps hogging the duvet.

And I'm getting bored of Redbull.

Have the Chinese bought Lotus yet? Dany wants to know - says he's got 5% riding on it.

Sudders and Dany

I for one am happy to see the back of DB. I agree moving Lotus forward an upmarket was the way to gobut....

You all seem to forget that he has been sacked. You don't get sacked if everything is going swimmingly!!

He lived like a millionaire playboy on Lotus's money, spent the investment in the wrong area's, diverted funds from developing core products to ego boosting projects, rediculously expensive launch parties, self indulgent projects (like his house) and Celeb following. He knocked his own product, which you just don't do (look at Ratner), canned models before their time and told people of models he flatly couldn't afford to build (managing expectations was non existant). He upset and litigated so many influential people and companies, brought in too many Managers and laid off production staff, knocking morale with it.

I also have to say that if the Chinese do buy Lotus now, it will only be something that he instigated, as its well known he was courting them as a source of investment.

So thats enough of DB. I hope he has a good life on his millions.

Like Moxie I see an Engineer being appointed a positive step. DRB have stated their commitment to Lotus and are a thoughtful and successful company. I really look forward to seeing what happens moving forward. If that involves sale of the company I would hope that is to a reputable company who can build and invest properly in the UK.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer