Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
boot doesn't open with boot release button on dash - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

boot doesn't open with boot release button on dash

Go to solution Solved by Bibs,

Suddenly the boot isn't opening anymore through the boot release button that's located on the dash.

Whilst ignition is on, I push the button (I can even hear the relay clicking while pushing) but nothing

happens at the the electric boot release mechanism.

Thankfully I can still open the boot with the key, so no panic (yet) but I really would get this working again.

Any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Can you see the lock catch moving if you have the boot open and operate it? Could it just be adjustment?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I can assure you both doors are open.

I can try to check if the lock catch is working, but unlocking with the key works like a charm, so didn't think about adjustment.

When I push the button on the dash I don't hear anything doing (apart from a clicking relay)

Can you see the lock catch moving if you have the boot open and operate it? Could it just be adjustment?

Just checked with another person the lock catch moving or not.

Pressing the dashbutton it doesn't move at all. Using the keyfob it moves like it should be.

So it must be an electrical issue.

Solenoid/Relay I can hear clicking fine while pressing the button on the dash. Could it be a fuse?

Does anybody know what fuse is being used for the "boot release button on dash" ?

• Gold FFM

The same solenoid is used to unlock the boot whether it be via the key or the dash button. Since it works with the key, the fuse is not your culprit, I don't think (though easy to check if there is an independent fuse). I think you'll find you have a break in the wiring between the relay (that you can hear clicking) and the boot catch solenoid.

My thought is a connector that may not have been correctly joined and has come apart or you have a broken wire. Not so easy. Can you see any wiring in the boot that you can get to that may have been upset by something in the boot itself?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I must admit that the button never worked in my Evora S. I guess its a 50/50 proposition.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Maybe it was an option like the folding mirrors?

The button is there, it makes a click noise from the relay but it's never actually opened the boot!

Exactly! So should work.

Worked at mine untill 4 days ago, f***king annoying!

Edited by mkt

• Solution

MY BUTTON WORKS!!

Make sure your handbrake is on!

If I'm in the car and someone needs access to the boot I'll not often pull the handbrake up first which is why it's never worked! Just been and tried it, handbrake on and boot opens fine!

The logic makes sense too, you'd not want the boot to open if you were moving!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Haha, you won't believe it but it's actually true! It works indeed with handbrake on.

On one hand I feel kind of stupid now :getmecoat: , on the other hand I can't find this instruction in the owners manual.

And with the IPS I use the "P" button on the selector instead off the handbrake. So never thought off the handbrake.

I think the last time I remember it working, I probably accidently used the handbrake :huh:

I guess that makes sense - they have used the same safety lockout for both the manual and IPS so it has to be the handbrake rather than park.

On my Tesla you just have to be stationary.

Amazing, it really works. :thumbsup:

Just glad they didn't use the same interlock logic for the filler cap. Imagine all of us getting stuck with an empty fuel tank because we wouldn't know how to open the cap :banned:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

It's a feature. That's what it is. :yes:

The wealth of knowledge that is TLF solves another quandry.

You guys are just lucky you have the option to be in a quandry! :thumbsup: Us old timers have only got the key or manual hidden pull wire! :ice:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 8 years later...