Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Car Rig - Page 4 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Car Rig

Malcolm Feth

This one, and there is one more from The Rig of this car... I need to get Chris for some static shots one day.

And in meantime get some upgrades to my rig (longer & more stable) ;)

77e21ae676efeaa0fd36aafad60f39a9-d5qij63

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Fantastic pics, love to try this myself, not sure I want to risk my D700, I have an old D80 which I could use. What speed is the car travelling at, nice if you could share a close up of the rig and camera settings.

Great results, keep up the good work, I look forward to more pictures.

Dave

• Gold FFM

Your D700 would be fine, Dave.  In all those pics the cars are travelling no faster than an asthmatic ant.  They're not even being driven.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

In all those pics the cars are travelling no faster than an asthmatic ant.  .

Only because that's as fast as we could push them !

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

Wow great pics. I am only just getting in to photography.

I would like to ask some noob questions if I may.

Are the cars actually in motion, or is the background distorted to give the effect?

Also from what I can work out the boom is suction mounted to the car, so is this then edited out later?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Is there any recommended reading specifically for car shots?

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Car is in the motion, yes. I have quite basic rig still, but working now on some upgrades. Extending up to 6m, 4.5 is not enough especially for bigger cars + adding extra stability (I can't imagine pushing 2 tons dodge charger!).

Some photoshop skill required sometimes to correct sharpness, remove rig etc

btw... few first time I was also worry about my camera, but it survived quite a lot already ;)

ps one more, but this you might consider as "snapshot". I've done some crappy job here - forgot to clean the lens! wrrr
storm_trooper_last_by_malcolmfeth-d5sgz2

Edited by Malcolm Feth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you are Malcolm but maybe when the evenings get lighter you could come along to one of our meetings in Essex and take some pictures of our cars and show us your rig.

Pete

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Pete... It could be possible, I have a quite a drive there (from Reading), but going with rig, especially after upgrades won't be possible (or fun) in Lotus. Have to take my daily driver car... But ye, we can organize something, one day.

• 2 months later...

I'd love to see a pre-photoshopped image to accompany every finished image as it would help me appreciate the amount of work that has gone into the finished result.

They look ace.

Chunky Lover

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...