Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Holiday ideas - somewhere special - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Holiday ideas - somewhere special

alan

I can STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend the Maldives. Went there earlier this year with my better half and we have a grand time.

Here's a link to the place we visited:

http://www.kuredu.com/

Because everything is on a small island you don't have to stress about "where to go today" and there are an insane amount of activities readily available for the whole family - everything from watersports and scuba-diving/snorkelling to yacht and island hopping trips. My girlfriend and I took our diving certificates there - and if you haven't already qualified for open water diving, the "enclosed dives" are out in the lagoon - so no boring sessions in swimming pools either. Needless to say, the marine life you'll see out there is what most folks only see on TV....

The other Atolls are also nice - we're planning on heading back to ones where Whale Sharks can be seen frequently.

Looking it up on the map is fun in and of itself - I mean, it's smack bang in the middle of nowhere in the Indian Ocean. Sadly the entire nation is also slowly disappearing beneath the waves (highest level above sea level is a mere 2 meters!) so it's a good idea to see it now before its lost forever....

well this thread has cost me a few £££, off to visti friends in Dubai for 10 days then onto Kuredu for a week in April.

Weird how you can book a holiday on a recomendation from someone you have never met. lotusforum/tripadvisor.com

thanks

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny timing this thread popping up - I had a caribbean trip just about sorted then took advice from Vanya & some others and swapped to the Maldives as it seems the snorkeling / diving / relaxing will be better.

Ended up booking this for 10 nights:

post-42-0-44321500-1357924381.jpg

post-42-0-01324100-1357924429.jpg

Alan....can you take me with you next time? We desperately want to go to the Maldives but with 4 kids just isn't viable.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Actually taking kids to the Maldives makes things more complicated as most of the accommodation is aimed at couples not families.  Our eldest is 13 which counts as an adult so nearly everywhere wanted us to book 2 x villas.  Anywhere with family suitable accommodation books out early.

We got lucky as Cocoa Island is the top rated place on trip advisor and were one of the few places who would allow us all to share one villa - the villas are huge with a bedroom upstairs & the living area downstairs for the kids to sleep in.  Works out cheaper than 2x villas elsewhere.

Kimbers - as long as you can all hide in our suitcases you are welcome - the 25kg limit might be a challenge?.   With 4 kids you need to find someone to look after them & just take Wendy.  If thats not an option check out http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293953-c141147/Maldives:Children.In.The.Maldives.html

• 2 months later...

Have a good one!

Alan. As per my thread, I ended up booking a Villa on Zakynthos. Looks lovely so am happy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Scotty & Kimbers - have fun.

Just got back from Cocoa Island in the Maldives.  Amazing place and holiday.  I wish I could afford to go straight back!

post-42-0-53545200-1365594348.jpg

post-42-0-73395700-1365594378.jpg

post-42-0-09405700-1365594381.jpg

post-42-0-62275600-1365594483.jpg

Oh my Lordy! I need to go!

I can recommend Uganda as a great place to go having lived there for 11 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well off to Dubai tomorrow then onto the maldives.

Really looking forward to this.

Follow up post to follow in 3 weeks

I'm sure Scotty won't mind (and CONGRATULATIONS!!!), here's a quick update from his facebook

That

Looks

Amazing

:D

476223_10201052122694146_339360104_o.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

DSC_7446.jpg

Cambodia is well worth a visit, highly recommended.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm sure Scotty won't mind (and CONGRATULATIONS!!!), here's a quick update from his facebook

That

Looks

Amazing

:D

476223_10201052122694146_339360104_o.jpg

We went to this island (sandbank) for the day and got engaged :-) . Loving it here and really don't want to come home on Saturday :-(

Here for a good time, not a long time

We went to this island (sandbank) for the day and got engaged :-) . Loving it here and really don't want to come home on Saturday :-(

Congratulations!!  As for not wanting to come home, look at it this way - at least you have a good idea of where to go for the honeymoon.

Congratulations, Been to Maldives it was amazing.

I'm off to the family villa in Cyprus this year :) We have our own garden and pool :)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"