Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how many here are bikers - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

how many here are bikers

troy21

just wondering how many here ride bikes ? and what do you ride ? since i have bought my elise i think my fireblade is not gonna be happy :unworthy: . i ride a 05 repsol fireblade, 08 rm 250 and a 06 gasgas trials .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Daily to work come rain, hail or shine. (except at the moment as it's in bits getting some stuff done so I can probably sell it)

BMW K75RT

Have previously owned:

Yamaha HT1-90

Yamaha RD250LC

Yamaha XT500

Ducati SD900

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Must admit to giving up riding bikes since a lady in a big SUV who was paying attention to her kids in the back had me off the road, fortunately me and my 1957 Moto Morini Tressette Sprint weren't too damaged, up till then I'd had a Vincent Comet (or half a Vincent as it was called) a CB 72 Honda and a Harley that I used to race down the drag strip. I still have a Montesa Cota that I used to ride for my local trials club a very very long time ago. I think anyone who is prepared to ride a bike on todays roads is a brave person far too many idiots driving cars nowadays, if it was compulsory for every car driver to ride a bike for a year the roads would be a far safer place altogether.

Forgot also had an XT600

Edited by B1 RMA

Currently have an unregistered Peugeot Speedfight scooter and a restored 1974 Yamaha TZ350B GP racer that I raced in the 80's. given up riding on the road now as I figure you only get so many warnings and I don't bend anymore, I just break now.

Have also had

Honda CB250N

Honda 900F2B

Yamaha TZ250B - raced

Suzuki 750 Katana -raced

Honda CB750 -raced

Suzuki DR250

BSA M20 500

BSA Bantam

Kawasaki Z200

Harley Davidson Sportster 880

Yamaha XV1100S

Ducati 750 Super Sport

Ducati 620 Monster

Piaggio 500 Scooter

Been looking around the last couple of weeks to see what lights the fire. Short listed to a Ducati of some sorts or MV Agusta. Not had anything for 4 or 5 years though.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

2012 GSXR 750 since March and mini Loteuk has just been initiated on his Peugeot 50cc Vivacity - lady drove into the back of him at a roundabout!

Ian...5 years? We need a trip to Bridge!

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Had a BMW F650 until a student decided he didn't like the red traffic light, moved to jet ski's, a slightly softer landing !

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

• Gold FFM

can't see why Nigel thinks an Esprit is an adequate replacement for an former Aprilia Mille owner ;)

but anyway - Ducati ST4 '00

..up to now more for fun purpose than a real need -as I'm now on a student level where it only needs to be there in the university two days in a week, so commuter request is limited (..or lets say the amount of 'time out of the bed' is not as it was in prior months) :D

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I've got an SP1 which I bought new in 2001. Commuted on it for 5 years in all weathers and did the track and euro trip thing whenever poss. Then I retired, then we moved West in 2007 and its more or less sat in the barn unused since then....indeed SORN'd for the last 3 years. I found that I was using it so little that when I went for a scratch, what had been a huge grin fixer just scared me. Was going to sell it, but as an ex commuter it wasn't worth much and I love the biking experience, so decided to keep it til we're fixed up here and then I'll go back to it and learn to ride it properly again by spending the time and going out most days. Brilliant bike!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Guest surferphil

Had a GPZ900R for years as my only transport until it was stolen, had a GSXR 600 for a short while too.

Not considered a biker any more I guess. Lotus is the only thing I like/can afford that is close but being a biker these days takes a serious commitment that just isn't plausible for me and what I need my vehicle to do at this stage in my life.

• Like 1

Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 - the first thing I bought off e-Bay 6 years ago, I had one new in 1992 for a few years until it was nicked and I needed to return to the fold. Its been SORN'd for the past year or so as it needs a new CDI unit and you can't get them for love nor money. However, just located a digital replacement so that's my winter project sorted :thumbsup:

A very, very long time ago a Z650, CB550 F1 and a KH100 which I passed my test on in 1978. OK, now I feel really old.....

Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 - the first thing I bought off e-Bay 6 years ago, I had one new in 1992 for a few years until it was nicked and I needed to return to the fold. Its been SORN'd for the past year or so as it needs a new CDI unit and you can't get them for love nor money. However, just located a digital replacement so that's my winter project sorted :thumbsup:

A very, very long time ago a Z650, CB550 F1 and a KH100 which I passed my test on in 1978. OK, now I feel really old.....

You feel old when I first started riding bikes 250cc was the limit and when I did my test the examiner was on foot and jumped out in front of you, well not quite but I don't think I saw him apart from that one time.You could also once you had passed your test buy any capacity bike you liked. (the good old days eh! clear roads no speed cameras and you could fill your bike up for a quid)

Edited by B1 RMA
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

What I would like to get myself is a Ducati MHR Mille.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

i am a little surprised that more of you are not sports bike riders considering you like a performance car . the power and speed of a 1000cc sports bike is incredible . but today my mates went out for a blast and i said no i am going out in the car and i loved it , i met them later in the day and i gave them a hell of a good run for their money in the elise their only advantage was on the straights i was killing them in the bends and braking for bends . i knew my fireblade would hate the elise haha...i must say what an amazing car for handling and performance and mine is only 120bhp and i can't top grinning while i drive it ..

Troy,

I think it's more to do with the average age of the guys on the forum. If others are like me that come from bikes many years ango and still have an interest in two wheels but not the discomfort the hyper sports provide.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

had a whole list of bikes....

Norman Nippy

Yamaha FS1-E which I learn't to ride on at 16

Yamaha DT175 which I passed my test on the day after my 17th birthday

Yamaha XJ550 which I'd bought when I was 16 in readiness for passing my bike test!

Suzuki GT380

Honda TL125

Kawasaki Z1000R Eddie Lawson replica

Laverda Jota 120

BSA Bantam

Triumph TT600

Honda CR125 x2

Still got the Norman (now in bits), the Triumph and the Laverda

:)

It's getting there......