Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Look what's just arrived at Murray Lotus - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Look what's just arrived at Murray Lotus

Brandon

Looking very nice :thumbsup: . Perhaps you can bring it to Breakfast in Perth on Sunday!!

Hope you asked permission to use that catch phrase... :hrhr:

Maybe I need some additional views, but I don't like it.

Then again I don't particularly like the Scura either. I do however think the more anular lined Exige looks better in the matte than the curvier Evora.

Kyle Kaulback

I want that!!!

Kyle, I assume you saw this at Ed's place last year?...

Scura%20Exige.jpg

Dunno man, I think that Evora is way sexier, but they both scream "badass" to me.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Yes I did see the Matte Black Exige at S&S. It definitely looks better in person. I just don't like the matte black finish I guess.

Kyle Kaulback

Begs the question: How does one wax a matte finish? Or does it simply age like a fine wine?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

a guy on LT just Plasti-dipped a friend's Elise. Takes 3-4 hours and minimal dis-assembly or prep. Cost is about $60 for a gallon of paint. Peels off when you don't like it anymore.

558814_10200118518233654_1941903948_n-1.jpg

574643_10200118519033674_1984817238_n.jpg

I like th elook of the Scura with the glossy stripes. I saw the Roger Becker Final Edition Exiges at the factory. I don't think I would ever buy a matte painted car!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I think the Matt paint thing was okay a couple of years ago because it was different. Not so anymore.

I resemble that remark, sir! "Matte" if you please.

And while I may be bald, I believe the gallons of Ron Popeil matte-black spray-on hair I've invested in over the years has withstood the test of time quite well, thank you very much. Not so anymore...indeed!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

May my eyes :shock: be blessed never to have to see this car in real life!

It will take them long enough to recover from those chome Evoras in "The Host" :nuke:

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Begs the question: How does one wax a matte finish? Or does it simply age like a fine wine?

There are special waxes existing for matte finish, like swizoel opaque.

SOme time ago I read an article abot the matte finish on Merc AMG cars and there was mentioned that the cleaning etc is not that simple, esp a car wash using "normal" soap would create a "shiny" effect - means: the car will start to look like rancid butter...

In my eyes the Evora looks much better with a "normal" paint - but maybe I am a little bit tired of all the "showcars" in munich with a wrap - number one of the "most worst league" a X6 in a clay brown wrap (no kidding) (in my opinion...)

BTW: One of the first cars in munich in a military green wrap, a P 993 Cabrio with a sticker "make love not war" (driven by a woman) is back to original paint already.........which says a lot to me

Not sure if I like it or not. I have only ever seen a few matt finish cars in the flesh. An Exige at the factory half finished and a couple of Lambo's in Dubai. Wasn't struck on what I have seen so far and I am told this is better in the flesh than by photo.

May have to take a run through before going back offshore Brandon. Are you out on Sunday at Perth?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Not sure if I like it or not. I have only ever seen a few matt finish cars in the flesh. An Exige at the factory half finished and a couple of Lambo's in Dubai. Wasn't struck on what I have seen so far and I am told this is better in the flesh than by photo.

May have to take a run through before going back offshore Brandon. Are you out on Sunday at Perth?

Hey Al! Have to be at the showroom unfortunately this Sunday...

Edited by Brandon

WOT! :w00t:  Working on a Sunday! :sweat:

What's the breakfast like and can we organise a LEGS meet one Sunday morning?  :question:

Good idea Brian!  Great customer relations exercise!

I am just off the phone to Craig and it looks like he will be joining us on Sunday however :unworthy:  as he had his diary mixed up.  He is now free.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Paint. Very fussy to maintain paint.

When I looked at the Matte Black Exige at S&S I picked up some literature from Lotus for the finish.

Summarized below:

• While the car has a 3/36 warranty, the finish only had a 1/12 warranty.
  •  
  • Dealer were explicitly informed of the need for special care.
  •  
  • Fading and discoloration are considered normal and specifically excluded from the warranty
  •  
  • Aggressive solvent based cleaners should not be used
  •  
  • Wax or abrasive polishes should not be used (they will mark and contaminate the surface)
  •  
  • Avoid washing the car in direct sunlight
  •  
  • Only use approved automotive wax free detergents 
  •  
  • Rinse all traces of detergent from car with (preferably) demineralized water and dry with a clean absorbant cloth before attempting to remove any stubborn contamination
  •  
  • Only use Lotus approved 3M "Scotchbrite" fine (grey) pads in conjunction with automotive detergent in water to remove any bugs, tar, or stubborn contamination
  •  
  • Spray the soap on the area and gently abrade in small circular rotations to remove contamination Heavy abrasion will mark the surface
  •  
  • Dry the area and clean with 'Go-Foam' When this has been wiped dry apply 'Armorall Protectant Solution' with a clean micro-fibre cloth.

So it seems like the finish is not long lasting to start, and is high maintenance and easy to screw up.

Kyle Kaulback