Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
More power and best ways to get it from an Evora NA? - Page 8 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

More power and best ways to get it from an Evora NA?

Jonny you may of course be correct re the OEM headers and restriction (or not).  However, all I can say is that when i replaced mine with the 2bular headers the car felt, went and sounded better and no other change (e.g. exhaust, ecu, cai) was made at the time.

So it could have been:

1. Placebo

2. The better heat management (the engine was definitely running cooler

3. The change from the two OEM cats heating to the engine to one sports cat

4. Weight (not that likely really given my weight!)

I am not knowledgeable enough to know the answer. But all I will say is I never regretted paying the large bill for the upgrade!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting thread guys was a good read.  So to summarise for the NA there are 3 popular mods to get more power; exhaust headers, induction kit and ecu tune.

Looking at the exhaust header options there appears to be three options, 2bular, Larini and hangar111.  I don't like some of the feedback on the Larini system so for me its a two horse race.  Anyone have opinions on the 2bular vs Hangar exhaust headers?

Also why does the Hangar induction kit cost so much?  I think it might be cheaper to import a BOE one from the US?  Are there another UK based options for an induction kit?  When out looking for an Evora I test drove one with the Radium induction kit and really liked the extra induction noise but I didn't end up buying that car.  It would be great to get a bit of that noise in my car.

The Hanger ibduction kit is the Komotec one isn't it and it is carbon fibre. That will be I guess.

Plenty info on here re radium v boe v uk sourced.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

55 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

Also why does the Hangar induction kit cost so much?  I think it might be cheaper to import a BOE one from the US?  Are there another UK based options for an induction kit?

@C8RKH is correct - @Hangar 111are the UK agents for Komotec so you’re actually looking at Komotec parts.

The BOE and Komotec intakes (and others) are based on the same ITG filter. The Komotec version is a bit more expensive because the filter housing is made from carbon fibre (vs plastic or aluminium) and, I think, is priced to include an ECU remap. 

However, there are other European sellers of the ‘ITG filter intake’: Lir Racing in France and ES Motorsports in Norfolk. 

http://lir-racing.com/admission/1190-boite-a-air-carbone-pour-exige-v6.html

http://www.elise-spares.com/

It is very much available. However, ITG won’t sell the filters in batches of less than 50 (I think). So for the limited Exige/Evora market, that is quite a commitment for someone to make. 

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Whilst these headers look simply stunning - and I am sorely tempted - has anyone actually smashed the guts out of these primary cats and seen what difference that makes ??

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yes it can do - you need to space the sensors away or move them further down the exhaust. The Toyota chaps have boxed that problem away already

Only here once