Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2013 Club Lotus Show at Donington - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2013 Club Lotus Show at Donington

Bibs

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Hi guys Club Lotus North East Scotland have four cars going down and we have booked our rooms, when we confirmed our booking a few weeks ago there were only a few rooms left. Nearer the time we can maybe organise a meeting point for the run down.

Edited by johnpwalsh

Hi there,

We are 5 guys and 1 lady from the board of Lotus Car Club of Sweden arriving Friday afternoon and

leaving saturday night. We plan to stay Friday night at Thistle Hotel.

Hakan Bengtsson
Lotus Car Club of Sweden
Elise S1 1998, Elise S2 2001, Exige S V6 2013

All being well, I will have my toy on show again so add me please Andy..did e mail.ya

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881

I'm intending to go.

Clash with BTCC seems a bit odd ... that could make it a nightmare to get in and out !

Keep off the straight and narrow

• 3 weeks later...

We should be there again (some of you may remember us from the past, around 2005? We'd not long sold our Turbo Esprit for the Racing Green S2 Exige. We all called in at Lisa & Kev's for bacon sandwiches that day).  :B)

Well, it's been 3yrs since we sold the Exige, and about 5 since the dog grew too big for my daily drive VX220! :D  And now we're on the hunt for another Esprit... We're thinking in S4s mode now, but may think about an early V8 IF we decide that the annual damage to our bank accounts won't be too bad!  :devil:

Hope you & your cars are all keeping well,

Elaine & Rich (aka Reg).  ;)

This one? 

attachicon.giflotus's in field 010.jpg

Welcome to TLF Elaine - Did you look at the S4s last week?

That's us! :thumbsup: 

Yeah, the S4s was mechanically sound with receipts & history, but let's just say the paintwork was far from what the photo's suggest... think Brillo pad!  :(  We offered him a couple of grand less, to cover the front bumper repair & a few other bits, but he said no. I s'pose that's why they've had it for over 4 months now. It's a shame really, lovely colour, just needs some TLC again.

I would guestimate that the Hotels will all be full seeing as how it's BTCC weekend non? Bibbo are u staying up there and if so what days?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I've an ear to the ground for you still :)

Cheers.  :smoke:

Kimbers,

For some reason this web site still seems to be taking bookings for the Thistle:

http://www.hotels24seven.com/results/results.php?location=EMA&uidhotel=EMADON&sd=thistle&wherefrom=sub&locale=east-midlands&token=862624329&arrivedate=20-04-2013&DepartDate=21-04-2013&RoomType%5B%5D=S10&holidayparking=0&carreturn=28-04-2013

Even though the Thistle itself seems to be saying it's full !

The Holiday Inn Express definitely has rooms

http://www.expresseastmidsairport.co.uk/Express-East-Midlands-Airport-Our-Location/our-location.html

Martyn.

Edited by martynv

WELL, after another week of searching (with no luck), thankfully UKSC decided to accept our cheeky offer on the Silk Red one....... it's got bags of history, and IT'S OURS!! punk.gif We pick it up next week, then we'll give it a good few hours of clay bar & repair the bumper, so hopefully it'll look much better in time for Donington. 

Can't wait,
Elaine&Rich. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Shit... forgot this was soooo soon. Think i may be able to get up on the Saturday. Dont know which car, not sure i will have the wheels done on the Turbo by then.

Convoy from teh london area Sat?

Just to let everyone know that Brian Angus will be giving technical talks on Saturday and Sunday on the 900 series engines and Espriit. He'll also be around both days on the Club Lotus stand as will Brian Buckland who'll be hosting tech talks on the Elan and the twin cam engine. This is in addition to the wide range of technical advice available on the stands from the likes of Steve Fulcher, Option I Sportscars, Spyder Engineering, Hangar 111, Chris Neil, PNM, Nitron, and CTM Enginering to mention a few.

Don't worry too much about possible traffic problems. We've had our show running alongside big race meetings in previous years without problems and Donington have a tried and tested traffic management plan that can handle many more vehicles than those expected for the BTCC. The traffic plan is designed to keep things moving and get traffic off the approach roads and parked smoothly and quickly.

All Club Lotus Show visitors will come in via the (usual) main entrance and race spectators will be directed in via the Melbourne Loop entrance and parked in fields adjacent to the paddock - well away from the exhibition centre. We will in fact have more parking than in previous years as one of the car auction companies has moved out from the site thus freeing-up another big tarmac area. There's also plenty of flat grass parking available.

Whilst Sunday will be the busier day for BTCC traffic, the majority of race spectators will arrive during the morning from 11.00 onwards by which time if previous years are anything to go by most of our visitors will be in and parked.

• Gold FFM

Hi Allan, glad to hear the parking should be OK as our crowd will be down from Aberdeenshire for the two days, wouldn't it be great if Club Lotus could pay a visit to some of our Larger shows up here in Scotland, Glamis maybe.

John.

Club Lotus N E Scotland.

Hi everyone, Club Lotus has organised £5 off entrance to the BTCC round that is also on at Castle Donington during the weekend of the show. 

To claim the discount, visitors just need to show their Club Lotus Show ticket at the BTCC box office.

There will be a shuttle bus running between the show and the BTCC circuit/paddock. Club Lotus Show goers can also get a discount into the Wheatcroft Collection.