Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt - Page 3 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt

• Gold FFM

Oi Clements, that's my job!  Let's see which one of us blinks first.

Mike, it goes without saying that tensioner and all belts will be changed.  Colin and I have discussed this.  I have no problem with a pump change as it doesn't add much time to the job, but it's a 'suck it and see' situation - if the bolts feel good, we'll go for it!

By the way, used Speedy Spectrum at the weekend.  Luvverly.  :smoke:

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will drive up Sat morning as only in Kent, may have to take my son to trumpet lesson first.

• Gold FFM

Cambelts.  5206 is the round toothed belt, 5146 fits the older, square toothed sprockets.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Can I book a place on this please and somewhere to roll out a sleeping bag for the Saturday night.

It's me with the water pump, as Gary says we'll see how the bolts looks on the day. More than happy if I "only" end up changing the belt.

Also  I've got a spare "spring powered" tensioner body that I'll bring along in case it's needed by anyone. I know the bearing on the spare tensioner is duff but last time the casting on mine old one fell apart when Gary just looked at it! 

I guess my S3 needs the 5146 belt?

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Oh yes indeedy - in copious volumes.

So, belt count:

Chopper:  5146

Spadger:  5206

Highly recommended are tensioner bearing and aux belts, bring your own.  Coolant is good, as you will be losing some.

Dave, do you have a press?  We'll need one for the bearings.

If anyone needs OEM parts, I can place an order with the factory up to the Thurs before for next day delivery to me and I can bring them along. The delivery charge will be rum based, let me know what you need.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'll book on for cambelt change with associated bits, I have a large vice if that is any use.

Sparky I'll have a belt as well mines an 88 so which ever you thinks best.

ta

Chris (Cllr/PM in waiting)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

OK Chris, 5206 for you.

Maximum jaw-open measurements on the vices please!  Unless anyone's got a portable press they can bring along...

Wouldn't Colin be better buying a recon water pump for about £100 rather than paying the £40 or so for the kit. He may have to pay a deposit until he returns the old pump but at least it will make the job quicker and not require the press.

• Gold FFM

I don't recall Colin saying he was buying a kit!  We need a press/vice for the tensioners.

I'll measure the vice in a bit,

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I can bring a 10 ton press but will be up and back on Saturday unless someone can bring it up from Maidstone and return it once done. Its  a floor stand one so will  need an estate or hatch back .

Edited by mdw

• Gold FFM

I'd bring mine if I could get it in the Esprit! Hang on lads, Clemo might have an idea...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so we have booked the 1st and 2nd of June, sorry for those who need it sooner but it's difficult to set dates with everyone.

Sparky is cool with that date, so can you please add your name and what needs doing below

1. Dave new belt - curry provider and host

2. Sparky - the expert in all things esprit and Captin Morgan's rum.

The format is

Friday night, welcome for anyone to stay over for an early start on Saturday.

Early start Saturday, do as many belt changes as possible (belt purchase will be arranged sooner to the day.

Saturday night, Captin Morgans, curry, and other food, rooms available first come first serve.

Sunday last minute belts, following a cooked breakfast.

12.00 ish finish.

Dave

1. Dave new belt - curry provider and host

2. Sparky - the expert in all things esprit and Captin Morgan's rum.

3. Rocket & Wilf - No cam belt thanks. Happy to muck in as usual. Keep the Spark Meister away from me tools ! ;-) Would like to book our usual accomodation if we may? Come down Friday? (Message me or give me a call Davey boy).

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Consider yourself messaged, I will call later this evening.

Message received. Understood. Response sent  :smoke:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Ok, over the weekend I will be posting who is having what done, sleeping arrangements and confirming the number of belts etc so that we all know who's having what.

Martyn has offered another set of ramps to assist, they will need bringing to house, sparky do we need them, anyone who can bring them with them if sparky needs them?

If anyone wants to arrive Friday night for an early start then they can, Paul and wilf we be here Friday so it will be of to the curry house if anyone wants to join us.

Look out on Monday for the final details..............

Time is fast approaching for our "Beltfest 2013" so arrangements as follows

Confirming that the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of June.

Friday night, those who want to join us for a pub curry and beer can, takers so far are :-

1. Dave and Megan

2. Paul and Wilf.

Saturday (early start would be good, the sooner you get here the more cars we can do)

1. Dave - cambelt for 1990 SE (will pm you Sparky for my belt order)

2. Chris (red vtec) - cambelt (chris please order with sparky)

3. Mike (mike6) - belt tightening only - bed reserved

4. Malcolm (mdw) - watching only - bed reserved.

5. AndyClements - watching only.

6. Paul (spadger27) - cambelt + main belts (pls contact sparky for your needs)

7. Martyn - watching and web cam control.

8. Colin (Choppa) belt and waterpump if possible (pls check with sparky for bits etc) bed reserved

9. Sparky - mechanical god, rum, and curry. bed reserved.

10. Paul and wilf, arriving friday night room for two booked.

Please make sure you speak with Sparky and organise the spares you need for your car. Also we will do our best to do all cars, this is dependant on an early start, no problems encountered - remember they are Lotus Esprits.

so, friday night is curry night for those who want to arrive early

Saturday start around 9.00am (if thats ok Sparky)

lunch around 1.00pm

finish around 6.00pm

BBQ and rum drinking til when ever

sunday, complete any remaining cars, cooked breakfast for those staying overnight. - finish around midday.

Please check the details above, let me know if there are any changes.

Sparky, can you order me a belt please, cheers

Looking forward to this one

Ok forgot, pls email me for address and contact number if you do not know it already, not sure address and tel numbers should be published direct on this site. davelfreeman@aol.com

Edited by Dave Freeman

• Gold FFM

Bed is great! I'd like to place an additional order for a good woman.

Bed is great! I'd like to place an additional order for a good woman.

I've had a few bad ones sometimes there more fun ;)

Amateurs built the Ark