Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Espritmon Update - Page 2 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Espritmon Update

eriks4

Ok, got the programme running! Have to admit im no computer boffin, so got some help! From what i understand, when you try to open the cfg file you need to right click on it then select 'open with' and change it from adobe (which it downloads from), to in my case, notebook. Then you can change the mode from 1 to 0............i think???!!! Sorry but that's the best explanation i can manage! Hope that helps you Adrian. My fault is traced to r/h rear wheel sensor, so now i can sort it.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having similar problems. I've now got it to run on my laptop but it will not communicate with my car ( although Freescan works ok using the same ALDL cable ))

Can someone tell me how to change the cfg\lotus.cfg to zero (0) as this is what it says in the box when I open Espritmon or suggest what I'm doing wrong. I need to set it up to read the codes on my ABS.

Thanks, Phil.

in the Espritmon_v3k folder, there is a folder called "cfg"

inside that folder there is a file called "lotus.cfg"

right click on that file and choose edit, or open with notepad.

it should have this inside

mode=1

com=4
baudrate=8192
gpscom=0
gpsbaudrate=115200

make sure you have the correct COM port #

and try changing the mode=1 to mode=0

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 1 month later...

hello all I have just got me espritmon working (talking to the car) am I right in thinking if there is a red light near a number say the 62 low accum as in the manual of espritmon  this is where the fault may lie, if so is this the same for the engine side also

regards martin

Edited by hunters

I only used the 62 as an example(from the manual) and if it was then it is the same for the ecu also as espritmon does both, this was to see if I was using the software correctly not asking for help on abs fault

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded a log file from my 95 S4. I've had the car just over a week. Got the ALDL cable from Sanj and downloaded espritmon - re-learned my DOD from twenty years ago (gawd, it's been quite a while!!) and was able to view my downloaded log.

Very, very cool! I think the engine is OK, haven't fully absorbed all the data yet, trying to understand the IAC and boost MAP 1.03. I think boost is MAP minus ambient pressure? Or is 1.03 my real manifold pressure?

Jim Phoenix

• 11 months later...

Hi, it's me again !

Having bought a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium after my last one gave up I'm yet again trying to get Esprimon running.

At first it wouldn't open so I downloaded a program to open cfg files, this worked ok but I now need to change the Com port to 1. I'm now where at was on post 29 above which with Travis's help I managed to get it to work last time  but when I right click on the lotus.cfg file this time I don't get the option to 'open with' to allow me to open in with 'notepad'

The options I get by right clicking are -

Open

Open in new window

Share with

Restore previous versions

Scan cfg

Include in library

Norton 360

Send to

Cut

Copy

Create shortcut

Delete

Rename

Properties

If I double click it I can get to the lotus file & when I open this I can see the page with -

mode=1

com=4

baudrate=8192

gpscom=0

gpsbaudrate=115200

But it will not allow me to alter the values, I presume because it's not opening with notepad, can anyone tell me how to do this ?

Many thanks, Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

USB is fine these days, the ALDL cables are sold in USB versions that are compatible with the Lotus.  Windows XP seems easiest, but I think Win 7 can work, not sure about Win 8 though.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

USB is fine these days, the ALDL cables are sold in USB versions that are compatible with the Lotus.  Windows XP seems easiest, but I think Win 7 can work, not sure about Win 8 though.

Yes Win 8 works too, I'm running Espritmon on a ASUS Vivotab Smart with Win 8. Only additonal thing needed for this is a conversion cable from micru USB to USB.

• 10 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I just put Espritmon V4 up for download. Some minor modifications, for baro and MAP also the voltage is displayed. A raw dataview capability has been added (press 'u' to toggle). I will update the manual at a later time.

Have fun,

Erik

• Gold FFM

Erik,

I can't seem to get to the link to your website to work either?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)