Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 24 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Thank you very much for posting and checking this out, guys!

So what was missing? Not many: every time I thought of a car it appeared sooner or later.

Don't think we saw a Maserati Bora, certainly no Panther Solo, AM Lagonda. Not sure if I noticed a Porsche 924 either, but that may have passed me by (there was a 944 near the end). No ISO Lele or Grifo Mk2. Of course, we'll forgive him the one-off concept cars like the AM Bulldog.

The Aston Martin Lagonda and Panther Solo were on my bucket list. I searched feverishly, contacting probably close to a dozen owners trying to get that car and just couldn't get through to anybody. And the Panther Solo - I have no idea where to find one of those, they are so rare! If you know of one, I love your help because there is always the possibility of a Volume 2 of this video!

I would absolutely love to get the Aston Martin Bulldog, but that would be incredibly difficult to find. I think it's privately owned somewhere.

And just for the record, the 924 makes a very brief appearance at the 10:37 mark. :)

IIRC the Panther Solo 2 headlamps rolled into view on their logitudinal axis. Which was weird. The Solo 1 did I think have pop ups, but it's development was cancelled very late on when Panther's owner saw the MR2 for the first time and realised he couldn't compete. So the Solo 2 went up market to compete in the Esprit Turbo, Porsche 944 space. Which it didn't. Only about 20 were made but I think it remains the only car to roll its eyes at you. Which was weird. As I said.....

That's exactly right. The Solo 1 did have popups. Panther realized that the Solo cost way more than the MR2, and Toyota was a much more developed and well known company. So that's when Panther decided to change their plans and aim at other targets.

Chris

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

1/2 an hour and some second cut polish. Job's right!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ok So if they charged him with driving otherwise in accordance with a licence why have they stuck a sticker on saying no insurance  :unsure: Surely they would have charged him with no insurance?

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

IMG_20150305_154621.jpg

Saw this in Geneve!

I guess this is what became of the Caterham/Alpine deal! Looks good though

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

• 2 weeks later...