Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is Bibs Real? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is Bibs Real?

Iconic Ride

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I mean the man never sleeps.

I can verify that he snores if that helps.

He can also eat as much McDonalds as I can on a road trip.

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

He's more than one person. Consider the entity Bibs to be a collective of many experiences, ideas and beings all too numerous and elusive to be named individually. However, in the real world this collective is necessary to be represented by a single person. The actor portrayed in the various photographs and the many personal appearances is merely employed to fulfil a role. 

It's an arrangement that seems to work well and as long as it's not made public knowledge, it should continue to do so for many years yet.

Unfortunately, I can't continue posting to this thread tonight because I need to reboot. I mean go to sleep.

Speaking of which, for those who don't know this joke, three guys who all work for an automobile manufacturer car pool together--an electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and software engineer. On their way to work one morning the car stalls. The mechanical engineer says, "I think it's a clogged fuel filter." The electrical engineer says, "Pshaw! It's obviously the alternator!" The software engineer says, "Why don't we all just get out and get back in again?"

• Like 2

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I think there are six of us IRL, I'm pretty sure I was the third and I've been working here since 2007. It's good fun and a decent team but I've not meet any of the others.

For the nightime posts, it's either one of the guys in the States or they use BIBS (Binary Interforum Bullshit System) developed by NASA in the late nineties, it's hard to tell it from the real thing but you can catch it out sometimes! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yes I can confirm the existence of at least two distinct entities that did not object to being called Bibs!

Quote...."the algorithmic concoction known as "Bibs"....

Not a cocktail I've drunk, so far. Did once meet the bearer of the title...at Hethel, oddly enough....and he seemed to be suspiciously fuzzy around the edges.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I see a picture of the more recent edition of the actor playing Bibs has been posted. It's nice to see that guy getting some work. There have been many different variants over the years and all looked vaguely similar to each other apart from the ones used in the early years. Those variants had long hair, smoked like a chimney and were a lot more skinny. They had to go - not lifelike at all.

I see a picture of the more recent edition of the actor playing Bibs has been posted. It's nice to see that guy getting some work. There have been many different variants over the years and all looked vaguely similar to each other apart from the ones used in the early years. Those variants had long hair, smoked like a chimney and were a lot more skinny. They had to go - not lifelike at all.

Bibs is like The Stig -- there are different versions of him all over the world (e.g.: "Bibs' American Cousin" -- eats McDonalds and Twinkies.).   Bibs has been played by numerous actors, including but not limited to Kurt Cobain (early LEF Bibs, aka "Bibs S1").

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Strangely enough, Wendy and I managed to visit the Ace Caf'e the other week and we met up with some of the guys, we heard later that BIB's had appeared but we never saw him. I just wondered if he was a figment of our imagination or if he had just stayed out of sight to save buying a beer for a visitor from Scotland and thus promoting the fact that he is either tight fisted or just as I said, A figment of the imagination.

for the guys who did take the time to speak with us and make us welcome, thanks it was great meeting you and yes we did eventually get to bed after another two hour drive to Caterham.

• Gold FFM

Now I wonder does his bell ring true as in, Silent Night. Maybe it can play the theme tune to wish you were here, or is it a case of just shaking hands with old friends.

I love this Forum for some totally random posts like this.   Well John W, I've felt Bibs bell end :smoke: and can attest Bibs is no tight fisted Sassenach who doesn't like buying drinks for Jockenese as I and Andrew can attest to.  :wine:  :cheers:  So on those two counts he appears in at least one form. :unworthy:   You just attended the wrong party........

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023