Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy - Page 8 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alunox 321 SS Manifold for Esprit Turbo Group Buy

Thanks for that info Mark. I can now get mine finished this weekend hopefully!

Does anyone have the recommended torque settings for the manifold nuts?

In the past I have tweaked them all up bit by bit and done them hand tight and a little more  (sort of like a spark plug!)

Then taken through a few heat cycles and re tightened.

I was going to guess about 20 nm, but that would be a wild guess. Any direction would be appreciated!

BTW - I have shown the Alunox manifold off to a top engineer friend and he was very impressed with the design and workmanship.
He guessed the price to be £1,500. That makes it good value in my view ;)

Thanks.

Chris.J

Received mine last week. Let the fun begin. I was expecting the manifold to head nuts and locking tabs too but not included in the package, especially as I could have paid for upgraded nuts.....

Did anyone get nuts etc?

Oh, yes. Thanks for the reminder!

I think there are 12 studs, and as many K-nuts? Plus the turbo nuts, gaskets, and whatever one breaks when one attempts the mechanical equivalent of an ascent of the north face of the Eiger.

Margate Exotics.

I have 12 x M8 K-Nuts, 12 x M8 Washers, 12 x Studs, 3 x Short Turbo bolts (M10?) and 1 long turbo bolt for the bracket.

Plus the large bolt and washer for the gearbox bracket, and of course the 2 brackets.

The kit also includes all gaskets, stainless steel nuts and studs and brace.

The above was copied from the very first post

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The standard tabs are good for re-use at least once or maybe twice Glyn, all depends on what yours were like coming off. Did you get the standard replacement nuts and studs in the kit? If not I'm sure Alunox will send you some if you drop them a little message.

That new brace/support or whatever it is doesn't excite me much, after so much discussion, and to now be sending out warnings about exhaust mounts damaging the manifold.... Opportunity missed.

Still, they are pretty and I sincerely do hope no one has any further issues. Guess it's a time thing now.

Chunky Lover

The standard tabs are good for re-use at least once or maybe twice Glyn, all depends on what yours were like coming off. Did you get the standard replacement nuts and studs in the kit? If not I'm sure Alunox will send you some if you drop them a little message.

Just the studs. My locking tabs are shot.

Thanks.

Will give them a call.

Glyn

Phew got all my new stainless studs installed ;) I bought longer one's just in case the Alunox short one's went in too far.

Only problem is I can't find the official exhaust stud torque settings in my Esprit service manual.

Does anyone know what they are?

Thanks.

Manifold has just arrived.

The kit contains the four head gaskets, the turbo gasket, 12 manifold studs, the turnbuckle, three short M10 bolts (one had a longer plain shank) one long cap head bolt, two brackets, and one washer.

There were no nuts supplied with my kit, although I thought there perhaps should have been. I will have to email Alunox and find out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mt8gyck4awer2n/2014-10-06%2017.56.55%20HDR.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xylfjieeypzeaxo/2014-10-06%2017.57.33%20HDR.jpg?dl=0

Margate Exotics.

The kit also includes all gaskets, stainless steel nuts and studs and brace.

The above was copied from the very first post

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Phew got all my new stainless studs installed ;) I bought longer one's just in case the Alunox short one's went in too far.

Only problem is I can't find the official exhaust stud torque settings in my Esprit service manual.

Does anyone know what they are?

Thanks.

According to the workshop manual ,all none specific M8 studs should be 12 ft lbs.

I also suggest a stud lock as these studs are known to fall out and come loose even

when torqued up correctly. 

Also remember to check the nut torque after a few heat cycles have gone through the 

system. This is recommended with the type of gasket being used..

Received mine last week. Let the fun begin. I was expecting the manifold to head nuts and locking tabs too but not included in the package, especially as I could have paid for upgraded nuts.....

Did anyone get nuts etc?

I emailed Nicky at Allunox. Nuts are on their way now.