Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which is the coolest Esprit? - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Which is the coolest Esprit?

The Pits

It would be quite wrong to exclude any car with a NACA duct like that on the roof from a cool contest.

A very fast race car too, especially with Zanardi behind the wheel. There are tales of the Esprit taking on the GT1 cars for outright pace.

Great choice.

I have just run this past the wife (she knows nothing about cars) and showed her the esprit time line, she said that the sport 300 looked the 'coolest'

It's a pity she didn't see the whole timeline........ I mean, obviously you didn't show her a picture of 100G did you or she would have just stopped you there ;-)

• Like 1

Obviously Photoshopped. No way the "Goodyear" lettering could have randomly aligned itself with such precision. :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Yep Gold S2 for me complete with Speedlines but its gotta have black sills/chin spoiler and that chocolate brown Marcasite (is that what its called?) interior and either the original 70's "retro-naff but brilliant" steering wheel or the 3-spoke out of the JPS with ACBC signature.......... 

This biffing-thing!:

post-6978-0-68547700-1292716933.jpg

Lotus_Esprit_S2_Interior.jpg

Edited by nello

Obviously I have to go with Lex for 1st place

but a gold S2 with Gerry Anderson interior takes some beating!

Lovely silver one for sale for here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-1980/1783500 

I put French yellow headlights on my Gold S2 to give it that 70's continental vibe. Very cool.

Edited by Roger Moore

Citroen gear box!

Always liked the Esprit interiors

interior040a1ji.jpg

Edited by gghc87
  • Like 1

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thanks , yes it's is .

I think all the interiors are cool as there reflect the fashion at the time of the build

This is Pete's s2 looking cool and very cool

DSCF6270abc.jpg

DSCF0842-3.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

While we're showing off interiors, here's my favorite :P :

post-14356-0-25535200-1387010602.png

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Come on guys, the coolest has to be Gordons 100G. But once you discount the obvious then it has to be the S3 N/A, nice clear lines, no over the top wings and cool as feck.

Makes me wonder why I am selling mine. 

post-12149-0-59788200-1387014334.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

Dutch_Racer_01.jpg

Thats Dick Van Elk his car,

how started his life as a SE and now it become a V8 with 2 chargecoolers in the back (yess from the SE)

i will search for some pictures, the car is racing inside the netherlands, (between ferraris and lamborghinis )

it called The Dutch Supercar challenge (friend from my drove a aston martin vantage inside this cup)

Sadly, in spite of my own contribution, this thread and its conclusions can only ever be considered null and void and an irrelevance. Nothing, upon nothing, can ever be considered "cool" when discussed by a bunch of car nerds on the internet. It's been fun reading the various suggestions, but unfortunately we've all just voted for our favourite anorak. Parker, hood, drawstring or toggle?

:scared:

Cliff

Sadly, in spite of my own contribution, this thread and its conclusions can only ever be considered null and void and an irrelevance. Nothing, upon nothing, can ever be considered "cool" when discussed by a bunch of car nerds on the internet. It's been fun reading the various suggestions, but unfortunately we've all just voted for our favourite anorak. Parker, hood, drawstring or toggle?

K- Way !