Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The Green KAH 530V is interesting, our eclat is KAH 534V, originaly in Gold but underwent a body off restoration in the mid 90's and colour change to Lotus Yellow.

post-12149-0-50239900-1393346263.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

John,

About time you posted up some pics of your car now it's out and about.

Redshift,

Shame about the wheels not being original, get yourself on eBay and find some originals to really set it off and up the value. Drop me a PM when you're done and I can offset your new wheel purchase and buy those crappy 350 wheels before the magnesium gets too old and breaks up on you writing off the car. Thank me later if you like.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Hi Trevor, I dont have any receant pics so will post a few from the last time she was on the road before the fire. The beast went and disgraced yerself again yesterday and blew the water pump, a bit peed off as it's only one year old so now got to start all over again and pull the lump to change the pump. I have plenty of practice now so recon 12 hrs, out, pump on, back in and running in time for our run to Murrays in Edinburgh on Sunday so that will give me a day to tinker, provided PNM get the pump to me in time. If she doesnt make the run I will be mega peed off as it has been  a long time coming and a load of our locals guys are waiting to see her back on the Black top. Someone asked me the other day what my total spend had been over the last 18 months, I for sure can count it but wont publish the cost as SHMBO often comes onto the website. lets put it this way we could have had a good few realy nice hollidays and maybe another car for the Mrs. Scary.

The photograph was taken in the pissing rain a week before the fire at a local show and the beast was featured in the local press the next day complete with SHMBO and myself looking like half drowned rats, very flattering, the vidoe clip was taken last time I was home when I first got her back up and running, that was the day of the electrical failures which led me to replaceing all the electronic ignition system, leads. cap, rotor arm the lot which was a right pain as it was only about 8 months old but I was just so hacked off with various failures I just did the whole lot.

post-12149-0-10095500-1393348870.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Came accross this in an old website today, now wouldnt that have been great for the new Esprit.

Bertone Emotion

In 1991 Bertone produced a concept car with Lotus Esprit Chassis as its basis and Lotus badging on the exterior. It was a non runner, being wood and clay over the Esprit Chassis. At the time it fueled speculation of what upcoming Esprits and even the Bugatti EB110 could have been.

91bertone_lotus_emotion_2.jpg91bertone_lotus_emotion_10.jpeg

91bertone_lotus_emotion_13.jpeg
91bertone_lotus_emotion_14.jpeg

Also found these evasive photographs of the V8 engine from the Etna.

Lotus 909 engine and installation in Etna

GMLink_ENTA_V8.jpg

Etna_909_Engine_Thum.jpg

Etna_Chassis_Thum.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh

John, a slight improvement on the most recent one for sure (which looks like an insect from the front imo). Those grilley air intake things will go out of fashion soon and the cars that have them will look enormously dated - much like the big shoulder-pads of the 1980's :)

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

The Road Warrior's shoulder pad will NEVER go out of fashion! NEVER! 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Taken last year on the Esprit Aberdovey run..my S4 in the foreground, palmergeddon's S4 next, Trevsked's Sport350 next and you can just make out Changes' next to that

post-11123-0-88507000-1393866125.jpg

Edited by dodge1979
  • Like 2

Is that outside the Pen-y-bont? When does this happen? I guess not the last week of june when I happen to be there on hols?...Great line-up though!

• Gold FFM

Bugger me, I cleaned it.

IMAG0459_zpsfpxbfrcy.jpg

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Are you sure Sparky. Evidence, where is your evidence. Selfie washing car?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg