Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 100 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

But this russian one is the most funny, when he discovers that an old Lotus Esprit can do wonders when driven, not just on a thick carpet behind glass and golden strings:

Uvidimsya na Lotus entuziastov!

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

On 09/12/2019 at 01:38, GasketsGone said:

I used to own ULO658R - imagine my surprise when watching Alan Partridge earlier this year!

I didn’t know it had made its way back here from Jeff in the US...

pre restoration (that it didn’t really need tbh) pic;

11C2FD3F-F679-47E0-95A8-0EAD9931AA63.jpeg

Aha - I bet you regret selling that? I presume you've seen it here... http://www.coachtrimmer.co.uk/ourwork-Esprit.aspx

Jeff must have spent £80k on it all in but then sold it a few years later. He owns the Lamborghini Countach from the film The Cannonball Run so I would imagine it didn't live up to it in the speed stakes?

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I regret selling nearly every car I’ve ever owned Paul! 

But you are correct this one is particularly irritating these days...I have remedied the situation with the Panther and now the white Turbo, 😉 so things aren’t all bad! 🤔

Feels like there must already be a thread on here for “if only I’d kept that til now I’d be ££££££s better off”????

another example here, to keep on topic...

image.jpeg

Edited by GasketsGone
Spelling
  • Like 1

Cheers - jim

20 hours ago, Paul Coleman said:

Aha - I bet you regret selling that? I presume you've seen it here... http://www.coachtrimmer.co.uk/ourwork-Esprit.aspx

Jeff must have spent £80k on it all in but then sold it a few years later. He owns the Lamborghini Countach from the film The Cannonball Run so I would imagine it didn't live up to it in the speed stakes?

We all have Esprit sale regrets but that S1 is in a magic colour and has the Centre Ash tray....😎😁

I would like to see some pics of the countach ? My favourite car of all time!

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

18 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

We all have Esprit sale regrets but that S1 is in a magic colour and has the Centre Ash tray....😎😁

I would like to see some pics of the countach ? My favourite car of all time!

Dave :) 

There are plenty of pages with Jeff's Countach e.g. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lamborghini-countach-lp5000s-cannonball-run-by-auto-italia-2010.350857/

This one is the definition of more money than sense though... https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/02/this-millionaire-hung-a-lamborghini-countach-on-his-wall

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Very, very nice! Great to see four Esprits out together. I bet you all turned some heads on the journey!

Um, I think a couple of sets of S4s OZ split rims could be in order (Saturns...I won't go on about them...) and have you got the front splitter somewhere Barry?

Apart from my silly gripes, I'm looking forward to joining another convoy like this later this year. You need a V8 in that mix gents!

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

I’ve a set of OZ futuras sat in the shed stripped down - I’ll get round to refurbing them at some point. Yes @swindon_alan I’ve even got the front splitter - but got fed up of smashing it on the drive so removed what was left of it.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this today posted on a Facebook group called Gemspotting...S4 and an Essex on the ramp! (And another Gturbo in the shadows below).... 

6734A0B0-A426-455C-ABBD-699BE3D6BFAE.jpeg

• Like 2

Cheers - jim