Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 18 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• 3 weeks later...

Barrie - Yours and mine will look great together. Mine goes to GST next Monday.

Chris

I've been looking for something to put these on, it's probably the only way I'll ever get rid of them!

IMG_1726_zps0a004b7b.jpg

More pics when you're ready please Barrie!

• Like 1

Jonny

I am assuming Barries car is a dry sump from his car list?  It has 5 studs not 4.  Don't suppose you have any spare centre caps?

Yes but I've had all the bits made, including hubs, to convert to 4 stud hubs, my own Turbo was originally 5 stud. Probably best to take this to PM from here.

My 99 V8 at a car show here in California. I also designed a custom Lotus photo board telling the history of the Esprit. A UK side note: I recently played The Old Course and it was the most enjoyable round I have ever played. :)

post-9481-0-23922700-1416602003.jpg

post-9481-0-14873600-1416602040.jpg

post-9481-0-45166500-1416602070.jpg

We need more red!  

Here's my car Esprit last weekend winning first prize for Team Lotus in the Exotic class, as well as a People's Choice Award (not shown).

post-14639-0-84357300-1416610047.jpg

post-14639-0-96843600-1416610062.jpg

• Like 2

Hmm.... There's hardly any room for that minimalistic prize in the car ;)

A very nice car indeed!

I agree on red totally, so here are some:

Cheers,

Jacques.

post-1034-0-33184900-1416610264.jpg

post-1034-0-14035100-1416610285.jpg

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

A very nice car indeed!

It is Texas!

Thanks for the complement.  I find it very soothing to look at the rear quarter of your Esprit.  Such perfect lines.

Ferrari WHO?  ;)

I am sure someone else went red long before Ferrari did... ;) And not to forget, a real Ferrari is yellow.

Btw. I would like to invite you to take a look at the rear end of say a an Esprit Turbo SE. Take a look at those lines and the nice quality of workmanship. Then go take a look at a 308 rearend. Judge yourself by all means, In fact, the only thing I really like about the 308 and 328 are the rear lights. Very well designed and Integrated in my view, but I'll take the Lotus any day. And when I meet him on the road, he will only see the Esprit rear end for a short moment, before I take off into the horizon ;)

Just joking, but please, take a close look. My eyes at least, find the Esprit Turbo SE so much better designed.

Front, rear, side, inside, chassis. One can argue though that Lotus only used 4 cylinders at the time, and Ferrari used v8, but when I look at the engines, I'll take the fun 4 pot any day. Lighter, better, faster, more beautifull, less horse smell. I have a friend WHO is a policeman, and he just happened to buy his 308 shortly after me buying my Esprit Turbo SE, and I have no regrets at all. While I like the tilted Cola bottle shape, I still think they got it wrong in other angles. And there's certainly just as much kitcar, looking at how the Ferrari is made. The 328 got it a fair bit better. Then they killed it with the 348 which lost it's charracter. And so forth onwards, apart from 246gt, F40 and Testrossa (outside only), I am not interested. I'll keep the Esprit anyway.

In Red.

I agree with Mark on the Esprit being the best thing Lotus made in those many years. I am not particularely biased ;)   Both in terms of driving, design outside an inside. 

As Mark put it, I might also get shot Down in flames, but I prefer the Esprit with a rear wing and in the Stevens Shape. But I like all Esprit models to be honest.

Cheers,

Jacques. Member of the rear wing society.

To me at least, red is the cornerstore in sportscars and motorcycles, so here's a fraction more of that:

post-1034-0-84181900-1416958037.jpg

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)