Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 23 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Looks great. I like the interior colour combination. Are you sure it's an 84 MY with colour coded bumpers & mirrors?

You've also got a yellow badge on your steering wheel so answering this thread

Chris

ChrisJ -Thanks, I've checked the chassis and engine number and they confirm the car is a late 1984 MY and is also registered in late 84 too. As far as i'm aware, the car has always been with the colour coded mirrors and bumpers. Although it was treated to a respray around 15 years ago. Not sure how else I could check the colour combination?

Buddsy - I've only just bought this esprit but it could well have been on the retro rides facebook page, although the previous owner was up north I'm not too sure :) I'm from King's Lynn so not too far from Norwich. Also I can't seem to quote posts here even though I clicked the quote bottom under your posts.

Evan.

• Like 1

Evan

You also have the later wing mirrors which were really '85 onwards.  saying that mine is '84 with colour coded bumpers and mirrors although I have the early mirrors.  Do you know what chassis it has.  I.E. Trunnions on the front suspension or ball joint.  I think ball joint is definitely '85.

Evan

You also have the later wing mirrors which were really '85 onwards. saying that mine is '84 with colour coded bumpers and mirrors although I have the early mirrors. Do you know what chassis it has. I.E. Trunnions on the front suspension or ball joint. I think ball joint is definitely '85.

I noticed compared to my old 83 esprit that the mirrors are the later type. I cant find any evidence of these later type ones being purchased in the history. The chassis has trunnions on the front lower arms and not ball joints. So should be an 84 model if this is correct.

Evan.

Evan - Check with Andy Graham at Lotus cars and get a certificate of provenance,

Mine is an 82 Turbo, and I've had it since 1987, but known about it since 1985. It has had colour coded bumpers for all the time I've known it, and I thought it had them from new. I checked with Andy and there were only two 82MY cars with colour coded bumpers, and mine wasn't one of them.

Chris

You might see my new one if you are up during the week as Gerald is collecting it on Monday. Hopefully I'll get the Esprit up tomorrow as it is stuck in 1st gear :(

might see you then if the RAC will transport it

Great picture .Got to say the Turbo cars look so cool from the rear....Or any angle .Timeless.Where is Bazza.......Mike

Essex was in for its annual MOT/service with Gerald. Collected last friday night. Always drives slightly better after he's sprinkled his magic dust on the cars. 

Picked mine up sat. am also drove much tighter. Nice to have brakes again

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...