Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What does your profile name mean? Share share! - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What does your profile name mean? Share share!

iainskea

It's not a Mr Rae where I get my nickname from :).

Nah. must be "Sting" :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I used to be a operating theatre manager. Once on a night out one of the nurses off one of the wards came up to me and proceeded to kiss me passionately. She then said in earshot of all my staff "Haven't you got softlips for a theatre manager". So then all my staff called me Softlips. I thought I'd lost the name when I entered medical sales until someone shouted it across reception at the Royal College of Surgeons. So it started again and loads of people call me it.

The girl who kissed me went on somewhere else's after kissing me and another nurse saw I'd not really objected so she did the same - I'm now married to her!

• Gold FFM

Nah. must be "Sting" :D

:D

What is your profile pic? Cool...

It's a thermal image of the engine of my Esprit, showing how cool the chargecooler is. The white part is the reflected heat of the turbo! I'll need to dig the images out, or better still, borrow the thermal camera again and take some fresh ones :).

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

Mine's an anagram of all the first initials of family members and our first dog and cat (both gone now :( ) and 1962 was the year I was born.

Once I had the letters I mixed 'em around 'till I got a word. Always liked Roger Ramjet as a child. Actually have a Roger Ramjet avatar pic somewhere on my Mac that I use occasionally. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Word play. An eglise behind an Elise, (eglise being french for church, the one in the avatar is St John the Baptist, Honiley Warwickshire)

Edited by Eglise

obione....

A star Wars fan that likes to be different!

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Buddsy, must be a Norfolk thing :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

:huh: Struggling with that bit!

Ah yes. I use ramjet1962 in a lot of other places (gmail etc)  due to lots of ramjets. Couldn't believe there was that many people using that nickname.

So for TLF it is just ramjet.

Oops. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Reading this prompted me to check out my Google search using my Nickname. You should try it!

Apparently I have a Farm Shop, a carpet shop, a music shop, a boy who bakes and.....erm....something called Kimbermen..........eeeep!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Right, back to the dull bit of answering the basic question.

"Calvan" doesn't get used a lot - not being a frequent poster - but it does have a background of Canadian geography. At the time I registered I was working, and staying, in Calgary even though my permanent home is near Vancouver so I just combined the first syllable of each city.

Those days are done now and I kind of miss Calgary, but not the travel. In my peak year I did the round trip drive across the Rockies 5 or 6 times. Great scenery but even that gets boring after a while.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Well

When I left school I joined an organisation I can't mention. I was trained and undertook "missions". I got a reputation for achieving my "missions" using only one shot - hence the username.

The above may not be entirely accurate!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM

I got a reputation for achieving my "missions" using only one shot - hence the username.

That's what your wife said. :yes:

The 'Stirling' bit comes from my admiration of the 'Stirling' job DRB are doing at the helm of Lotus Cars...

'Villeneuve' is a town in France, also one in Switzerland and another Italy but I've never been to any of them. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Hmmmmm. Does not sound correct some how? Never heard of a town called Villeneuve  :rambo:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg