Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Over 12 years in... - Page 6 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Over 12 years in...

JAWS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic pics! I’ve added that driving route to my list!

Interesting on the tyres as well, mine has PZeros on it and I’d already decided to change to PS4s when the time comes following some other threads on here. Have you changed the geo at all on your car?

I can send you the final version of the route we took in Scotland (or post on here) as I did make a few changes after posting originally. 

As for Geo, I haven't changed it since it left the factory 8 years ago. I get exceptionally even tyre wear and it handles sublimely, so why change it?However I may put it on the Hunter next week to verify the settings as I'm owed a favour. 

Another trip to go this year in September to watch the Six Hours Of Spa http://www.spasixhours.com/?lang=en and the GT series at the Nurburgring https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/event/104/nürburgring

Lots of planning and organising (spreadsheets!) to do and hopefully have a great time. I would be interested to know if any other TLFers are going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

if you put you car on the geo to verifi the settings, we can compare it to mine...  my evora was eating rear tyres on the inside rear shoulders every 5k miles , i had the camber? that was set very aggressive from the factory  taken out and a proper geo set up from hanger 111  and have absolutely even wear now..

id expect to double the milage easy now..  sounds like yours is already good, but would be interested to see what they were set at

• 2 months later...

@andyj007 I forgot to respond to you in regard to the Geo. I managed to fit in a full geometry session before my Spa/Nurburgring trip. I also had to fit in an unplanned wheel refurb as I stupidly went too tight in a fast corner and managed to kerb both front and rear near side wheels. I definitely wanted a geo done after that incident. Here is the read out and I'm very pleased with the subtle improvements....

IMG_20180909_103349.thumb.jpg.d37916adee183bcc3782f3b8c6a7a9dd.jpg

The Evora had a great work out heading over the roads between Spa and Nurburgring and can highly recommend the Spa Classic 6hrs which I go to most years with mates and the Nurburgring never fails to disappoint...

IMG_20181028_063509.thumb.jpg.3402da0687ec19117bda6090230536b8.jpg

And because the weather has been so good this year we've managed to fit in a lot of Sunday morning runs which has been great. Although I should have spent some time perfecting the Smart Roadster Brabus but instead have just enjoyed driving (and taking photos).... 

IMG_20180819_213730.thumb.jpg.1699c6f9b697d8d27bd4fb9e24b1a0c3.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

hey jimbo. cheers..

will check that geo sheet against mine.

some lovely pictures chap...  spa classic, somehow that one and the circuit  keeps eluding me, go to most other historic/classic events.. must try harder..

I'll pencil you in for next year's trip then @andyj007 I've already started booking up hotels for a number of trips next year, so I'll drop you some details. 

It looks like the Evora will be put away for the winter now and once again it's been a relatively cheap running experience this year. Apart from the wheel refurb and Geo (self inflicted) the only unforeseen cost was a failure of the passenger window regulator fortunately a mate was able to throw a new one on in 40 mins in exchange for some beer tokens so can't really complain. I think the only other car that was as inexpensive to run was my Elise

IMG_20180819_101817.thumb.jpg.ec8daabc588549dae06bfad9d2632b9d.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

In my 9th year with my 2010 car and its been a great experience with no unexpected bills at all - just routine servicing. I put a 2Bular rear box and decat pipe on several years ago and also the Radium intake system which both really improved the sound and enjoyment of the car. Still thinking of doing the manifolds one day - do you still have the standard manifolds on your car Jaws?

@Whitey I did think about changing the CAI and manifolds but thought I'd wait until I ever have to a clutch change that I'd combine the job. So may be in the future it will be done. For the time being I'm happy with the Sports Silencer and a K&N panel filter. It's a nice subtle sound. Also, happy that it's exceptionally reliable and don't want to mess things up, when all I want to do is drive it.

To be honest I've kept it pretty standard. I've got some carbon parts (rear spoiler, access panel and engine cover) that I take on and off depending what I'm doing with the car. Plus I have a set of 410 Forged wheels that I plan to fit this years once the weather improves. 

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure, I think they're "Mars" gold with diamond cut face.

IMG_20200615_215711.thumb.jpg.a187d137ef2abbed734f7b7e88f2983d.jpg

So chuffed with them. Actually bought them a couple of years ago but couldn't justify putting them on until I needed tyres. 

I'm also delighted that the ride/comfort levels haven't altered at all, going larger. 

Next thing is whether I put the red calipers on that I have 🤔 All the current changes I've made are reversible given an hour or so, which means if I do concours events or magazine stuff etc it can be original again pretty simply. Calipers swap is a bigger job! 😂 Plus with these wheels it might look a bit to "try hard". 

@JAWS , Aren’t those wheels load-rated specifically for the 2+0 cars?

Don’t be putting any fat kids in the back or bags of cement in the boot.

Edited by KJD
  • Haha 1

They do have a weight cap, yep. Fortunately the Evora N/A (2+2) is actually lighter than the Evora 410 Sport (2+0) that they were designed for, so all good. 😏

Plus the likely hood of me having 4 up with luggage and being unlucky enough to hit a kerb at 50mph is pretty low. 😂

Funnily enough after checking this potential issue the biggest concern I had was caliper clearance with them. Which might sound odd, but because the original Discs and Calipers are slightly smaller they are inset which may have led to a tolerance issue on the inner radius of the spokes. They are tight but within spec. 

• Like 1